• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Willowhaunt's City of the Spider Queen [FULL]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Gotcha. I don't have PGtF, but I did get a few spells from the Complete Arcane. What flavor Elemental Savant are you? (I can metamagic your spells to be a different energy, so you're not screwed if something's immune to you... unless you're earth).

These are the spells in my book currently (and I have some scrolls of spells I don't have):
[sblock]0 - All
1 - Grease, Identify, Lesser Orb of Acid, Lesser Orb of Sound,
Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Protection from Evil, Ray of Enfeeblement,
Shield, Silent Image, Comprehend Languages
2 - Bull's Strength, False Life, Fox's Cunning, Knock, Mirror Image,
Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3 - Dispel Magic, Fireball, Greater Mage Armor, Haste, Slow, Tongues
4 - Assay Resistance, Dimension Door, Enervation, Evard's Black
Tentacles, Greater Invisibility, Orb of Acid, Orb of Force, Orb of
Sound, Unluck

5 - Baleful Polymorph, Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Mass Fly, Teleport

Italicized spells are from Complete Arcane[/sblock]

How would you be able to metamagic MY spells? And, technically, every single spell cast by my Sorcerer with and Elemental energy damage will be automatically converted to Cold damage. Water Savant, if you didn't figure from that. :) i.e. Fireball does Cold damage, more like a Coldball.

[sblock]0-level: Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Electric Jolt,
Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Ray of Frost, Read Magic

1-level: Charm Person, Ice Dagger, Lesser Orb of Cold,
Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist

2-level: Blur, Fireburst, Glitterdust,
Snilloc's Snowball Swarm

3-level: Fireball, Greater Magic Armor, Hold Person, Slow

4-level: Confusion, Ice Storm[/sblock]

Not much overlap at all, really.

Jdvn1

I think we got some good lists there.

I can metamagic anyone's spells. All it takes is a Spellcraft check. Have you seen the Incantatatrix PrC? And I think I may be able to change it to Acid because I'm metamagicing the spell, not you. I get the impression that I alter it as it's coming out. I can easily make your Obscuring Mist last twice as long, for example.

deadestdai

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Yep, got Dispel Magic. Sadly, I just don't have a lot of slots... :p

You know, I almost took that one myself.... But G’elsewhere Chant got my attention first. :)

Willowhaunt? Has real life intruded upon your availability to run this game? If so, then please let us know? You had mentioned something about being eager to start, though we have heard hide nor hair from you since the 21st? I ask only because we (those that have been accepted to join this adventure) have become quite excited about starting, yet you have been silent to our calls? If things are keeping you back, let us know old boy/girl/anythinginbetween?

Last edited:

Jdvn1

deadestdai said:
You know, I almost took that one myself.... But G’elsewhere Chant got my attention first. :)
Not sure what that is...?

deadestdai said:
Willowhaunt? Has real life intruded upon your availability to run this game? If so, then please let us know? You had mentioned something about being eager to start, though we have heard hide nor hair from you since the 21st? I ask only because we (those that have been accepted to join this adventure) have become quite excited about starting, yet you have been silent to our calls? If things are keeping you back, let us know old boy/girl/anythinginbetween?
Technically, he edited his first post on the 22nd, although it was early in the morning.

Willowhaunt

First Post
Sorry about dropping off the face of the earth, just had a full weekend and didn't get much of a chance to do anything related to the game. I'm out from under the pile of schoolwork now, and I'll be ready to start the game before Friday, if all goes well. Sounds like everyone is ready (I've skimmed all the character sheets and will read over them in detail as soon as I'm done with this post) and I just wanted to do a little bit of research before I made another post. I'm going to give to all starting characters 5000 extra experience points above what is needed for 10th level. This way, any item crafters or characters with XP-costing spells can make use of those capabilities. You can use as much of that 5000 as you want to craft items before the start of the game.

Don't worry, you didn't break me! (though "real" life almost did) Just let me know, through this post or e-mail, if there's anything else you need to know, or any character creation "priors and particulars" I forgot to list.

Don't worry, we'll start soon, and I will be able to keep up with my own "one-post-a-day" rule.

( :

-Willowhaunt

Ferrix

Explorer
I'll be sending my character in shortly by e-mail, need to finish her background. At a crux at figuring out what her saintly sacrifice was.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads