• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Willowhaunt's City of the Spider Queen [FULL]

Ferrix

Explorer
Had been planning an elven ranger using the substitution levels from Races of the Wild, but we'd definately have to concentrate on hit and run type tactics cause he wouldn't be able to take a lot of hits. Those substitution levels would give him three levels with a d6 HD, plus having a Con penalty never helped.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Are those substitution levels geared more toward TWF, archery, or what? Or neither? Were you not planning on being a front-line man?

Alright, I'm definitely going to go Water Genasi Sorcerer/Elemental Savant(water/cold).

Only thing is that it requires Energy Sub(cold), which I don't believe is in any of the automatically avaliable things. I know its in Magic of Faerun, but I don't believe its in PGtF, etc...so would I be allowed to take that so I can qualify for the Elemental Savant PrC?

Ah, and since we've got two Arcane Casters, and a Divine/Techsmith, a Cleric type for the Caster/Thug could make a very good thug...just a suggestion, though. :)

Willowhaunt

First Post
I apologize for being unclear, I should have pointed this out- My intent was that all FR books would be considered "core" for this game and would not count towards the one option book limit. The only things that there is a limit on are the supplements from the generic D&D line- such books as the Complete and Races series, Savage Species, The Book of Exalted Deeds, etc...and of course, non-FR campaign setting material is not allowed (unless you make an *exceptional* case for a certain book having material that could be generic- I'd consider something like the Noble class, 'cause anyplace could have nobles, but Warforged or Magewrights are too far outside of the FR atmosphere...)

Willowhaunt

First Post
One last thing- Faiths and Pantheons is the one 3e FR book I don't have access to, so Isida, plase just send me a short description of the class and it's abilities at some point. I'd just like to take a look so I know what I'll be dealing with, my FLGS has Faiths and Pantheons on backorder, it should be in by the end of next week, so until then I just need to know the concept of the class and the abilities you'll have at the beginning of the campaign.

By the way, I just wanted to thank everybody for the enthusiastic (and quick) response. This will be the first play-by-post game I've ever run, as well as the longest adventure I've ever taken a try at running, so I'm counting on a group of interested players to help me keep things fun.

So far, what I've read about character concepts looks pretty good, there's nothing that I would change at this point, just remember that the storyline of this module assumes heroic or at least heroically mercenary characters, and you'll need a lot of teamwork to make it out of the Underdark alive. Looks like everyone's already ready to cooperate, very kewl, the more posts that I read from each one of you, the more enthusiastic I get about running this game.

-Willowhaunt

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Good luck to you! :) We currently play the adventure-campaign in our P&P group and are about 30~40% through according to the DM. :D

Bye
Thanee

Jdvn1

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Only thing is that it requires Energy Sub(cold), which I don't believe is in any of the automatically avaliable things. I know its in Magic of Faerun, but I don't believe its in PGtF, etc...so would I be allowed to take that so I can qualify for the Elemental Savant PrC?
Both are in the Complete Arcane, though. Still under the one book limit.

deadestdai

First Post
Okay - am going to go with a Rock Gnomish Dragonsong Lyrist (Draconomicon) who hails from The Western Heartlands.

(So it looks like Draconomicon will be my non-FR book.)

Will have my char sheet soaring over to you asap!

Last edited:

Jdvn1

deadestdai said:
Okay - am going to go with a Rock Gnomish Dragonsong Lyrist (Draconomicon) who hails from Thesk.

(So it looks like Draconomicon will be my non-FR book.)

Will have my char sheet soaring over to you asap!
*sigh* Great book.

Remove ads