Willowhaunt's City of the Spider Queen [FULL]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Willowhaunt said:
City of the Spider Queen:

Ahh the words that bring so many fond memories… but wow! What a meat grinder! :uhoh:

I wish everyone the best of luck and this game and really want to hit on what Willowhaunt said... One of the longest games on this forum featured this game and we still hadn't come close to finishing it after a year or so. It can be done though! Just make sure you do those daily posts. :D

silentspace

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, I've tried playing in multiple CotSQ games and they never make it past the first couple of combats...so, if you'll have me, I'd love to join in.

Hey Ankh!

Ditto on what he said. I'd like to play if there's room!

Hey, SS. :)

My character will mostly depend on what everyone else plays. I'm leaning more and more towards Water Genasi Sorcerer, but the exact build and concept will depend on whether or not he's/she's the only Arcane Caster.

If he/she IS the only one, I'll play it more as a general caster type, but if there's another, I'd like to go the Elemental Savant(from Complete Arcane, as my one "Complete..." item) and focus on Cold. Of course, the build could also use a few non-Core spells, but PGtF should help out. Just hope that Energy Substitution is in there...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Willowhaunt said:
Try to keep your use of option books consistsent to the campaign and your background as well- A Red Wizard, a Spellguard from Silverymoon, or an Elf from Everaska
Just noticed this. I've never played FR(weird, huh?). I'll attempt to make everything consistent with FR, but I'm afraid the connections might be a little loose due to lack of knowledge. We'll see when I finish hacking out my character, though.

Jdvn1

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Hey, SS. :)

My character will mostly depend on what everyone else plays. I'm leaning more and more towards Water Genasi Sorcerer, but the exact build and concept will depend on whether or not he's/she's the only Arcane Caster.
I get the impression you want to play a Sor?

See, I've been wanting to play a Wiz for a long time because I've never tried one before. I'm usually Fighter-type or Divine-caster type. I worry that my very first Wizard will be subpar (and core only spells may work out in my disfavor), and I'll die. I don't know how this mod runs and I have no clue what to expect.

So, like, I'd normally go over to play a Fighter, because I know I can make at least decent Fighters. If you want another Arcane caster in the party, make your Sor and I'll learn Wizard in this module. Otherwise, I might just pansy out and play a Fighter.

(Coincidentally, I was drawing up ideas for a Wiz earlier today)

That could work, Jdvn1. :) I, personally, can't stand the Wizard class. Sorcerer is more my thing, and the LA +1 will put me even more behind than just going Sorcerer, so a Wizard would probably do the part good.

Jdvn1

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
That could work, Jdvn1. :) I, personally, can't stand the Wizard class. Sorcerer is more my thing, and the LA +1 will put me even more behind than just going Sorcerer, so a Wizard would probably do the part good.
Sigh, I'm going to die. ;) That's okay, though.

I have a friend telling me to go Incantatrix and I'm all like, "... But... what... huh?" Apparently it'll come in handy for you too, if I take it.

Remove ads