• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wimps

Scribble

First Post
Design & Development said:
Carabum
Concept: A carabum is a depraved devil that leads planar travelers to their dooms.

This plump child flutters about on small leathery wings. It has a mop of unruly black hair and a jovial expression. Gleaming red eyes stare out beneath a pair of small horns sprouting from its brow. A string of drool hangs from its lip.

What was discussed: Demonic version of cherubim gets frowns all around the table. Combating children, even demonic ones, is just not acceptable.

What it became: As predicted, cut from the book. We’ll just have to wait for some other creature to make use of the Giggle (Su) ability:

As a swift action, a carabum can loose a disturbing giggle. All creatures within 20 feet of it must succeed on DC 13 Will saves or become shaken for 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based.

I guess I can see their point from a corporate standpoint. But still. Demonic Children are creepy and cool. ;)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Design & Development said:
Combating children, even demonic ones, is just not acceptable.

Unacceptable to who? :mad:

This smacks of that dumb "angry mom" policy of TSR in the late 80's.

Demonic children are not "childen" - they are demons.

smootrk

First Post
I don't think anyone had any problem in that goofy Van Helsing movie when they fought off hordes of those vampire babies.

Scribble

First Post
smootrk said:
I don't think anyone had any problem in that goofy Van Helsing movie when they fought off hordes of those vampire babies.

That's why that movie failed!

Oh wait no... it just sucked. :p

Vuron

First Post
Hrmm I guess Children of the Corn or the Omen are bad inspirations for adventures.

Yet it's perfectly fine to beat up on dragon wyrmlings. Methinks they have a doublestandard ;)

Dykstrav

Adventurer
Seems that violence against children is the final frontier of objectionable content these days. I seem to remember a demonic critter somewhere that was basically a baby from the waist up and some sort of hellish/abyssal crab from the waist down.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dykstrav said:
Seems that violence against children is the final frontier of objectionable content these days.

There's also:
- Sex
- Poop
- Bad words
- Any combination of sex, poop, children, swearing and violence

I'm trying to see how those five elements could be made into a good game, but totally failing. Probably for the best.

Cheers, -- N

Vuron

First Post
Nifft said:
There's also:
- Sex
- Poop
- Bad words
- Any combination of sex, poop, children, swearing and violence

I'm trying to see how those five elements could be made into a good game, but totally failing. Probably for the best.

Cheers, -- N

Hrmm with the possible exception of poop I've seen all of those elements used quite effectively in exalted, vampire, HOL, etc.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
In my "Out of the Frying Pan" game, the PCs once fought feral orc babies in the orc spawning chamber which also served as the poop-drainage room for the levels above.

They also discovered the horrible slave-like condition the orc women lived in and how they were kept for one reason alone.

There you have it: Poop, Children and Sex.

Remove ads