• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Win a Free Copy of ENTERPRISE (Japanese Star Trek RPG)

mechascorpio

First Post
I recently came across a little known officially licensed Star Trek RPG called Enterprise, published by Tsukuda Hobby in Japan back in 1983. Turns out it was the first original Japanese language TRPG ever published. I became pretty fascinated with it, so I decided to translate the entire rulebook and components from Japanese to English, as covered on my blog here these past few weeks. I was really pleased with the results, so I created a nicely formatted 60-page document and had some professional copies made.

And now I'm having a contest to give away one copy of my translation!

Visit my blog for details of the give away. It's real simple, no catches, and it's open to anyone in the world over 18. If you win, I'll send you a copy at no cost. Deadline for entries is midnight Saturday March 14th 2009, one entry per person, please. If you're at all interested in Star Trek RPGs or Japanese TRPG history, or if you have the original game but no idea what it says, here's your chance to see it.

So stop by, enter and good luck!

Treebore

First Post
I hope you have looked into the copyright laws about this. My understanding of US Law says your in violation. It may be a Japanese Product, and a translation, but it is licensed from a US company. So if you haven't looked into this you really need to do so, each copy you distribute can get you thousands of dollars in fines and years in prison.

So be safe, either don't distribute these things, or talk to a copyright lawyer, if you haven't already done so.

mechascorpio

First Post
I hope you have looked into the copyright laws about this. My understanding of US Law says your in violation. It may be a Japanese Product, and a translation, but it is licensed from a US company. So if you haven't looked into this you really need to do so, each copy you distribute can get you thousands of dollars in fines and years in prison.

So be safe, either don't distribute these things, or talk to a copyright lawyer, if you haven't already done so.

I appreciate you trying to protect me, but I've done my homework, thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads