D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia shrugs. "Those are up to her, I'd say. There's risks regardless. Marguerite's playing her own game in her own time, but probably doesn't mean you any harm...which doesn't mean that you'll like what she has got planned." She says the last to Odvara directly. "You won't find out, of course, until it's too late to say no."

"And of course, after the thing with the moon, the town's going to be on edge about magic...so if you do decide to stay I'd definitely recommend wearing it. It'll protect you from Marguerite and make sure you don't accidentally show your hand to the townsfolk."

"But if you want to come along, then we'll be in a position to protect you directly...but we'll also be facing far more direct dangers than you would be here."

She leaned back in her chair and stretched her arms over her head, working her shoulders with a little grimace.

"Up to you."

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Odvara covers her mouth with her napkin, hiding her nervous gnawing of her lip. Everything in Gulet had been so clear, the terms of survival under Nilfgaardian occupation spelled out and delineated. Here, in the wild lands at the edge of the world, anything was possible. It was almost too much freedom.

Glancing at Fergus, then Elora, and Talashia, she finally speaks up, "I... I think the most dangerous thing here is me going crazy listening to the innkeeper. The journey through the Blue Mountains took a lot out of me. Resting here would do me wonders. If the innkeeper becomes too much, I'll see what the peasants here sell at their fête grounds."

"The amulet...I don't know...what do you think I should do?" Her youth of 20 years comes through as her eyes flicker down to the copper and dimeritium piece of jewelry, then back up to the rest of your party.[/SECTION]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"My own opinion? I would not wear a necklace of which I did not know the purpose of. Over the course of knowing you, you do not seem that in need of controlling your *ahem* talents.

I also would not choose to leave you here, alone, and unguarded. That seems careless. More careless than taking you with us to see Nan.

But like Tal said, it IS up to you. We can't force you to do anything."

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia shrugs. "You're untrained, and in the company of a sorceress you have reason to be wary of. The amulet may not be a bad thing in that case. Unless you feel that you have sufficient command of your powers to defend yourself, it will protect you from outside magic. And remember, if you think you need your magic, you can always just...take it off again. It's not something you have to commit to wearing or not wearing. Take each moment as it comes."

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: OK, why don't you make opposed Cha (Persuasion) rolls [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], to see whose argument influences Odvara more?

In the background, as Odvara weighs the decision of whether or not to wear the dimeritium necklace, the innkeeper Henriette complains to her husband as she beats the rugs out the backdoor, thinking her voice carries far less than it does, "And what did that whole burly lot of them, with all their swords and magic, do when a poor woman was robbed of her baked goods? I tell you, my brother warned me of these adventuring types, Bumble; one even tried to seduce with his betrothed, preserve her virtue! They've an appetite for three things, mark my words..."

"Oww, Ufff," groans Guilehelm as the innkeeper's broom misses the center of the rug he's holding and smacks his hand. "Oh, be careful of my poor fingers, dear wife. Maybe the boy was hungry?"

"Hungry? Cow balls and cottle!" hisses Henriette, smacking the rug harder till she is out of breath. "And where were you when that vagrant Thomvald stole a fresh loaf from the sill, hmm?"

Stuttering nervously, Guilehelm tries to explain the chores he was tending to, but his voice fades to a series of groans as he endures his wife's domestic cleaning frenzy. "Three things, Bumble. Gold... ale... and womenfolk..." Each word is punctuated by the husband's nervous whimpers defending himself with the rug.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia persuades! [roll0]

There is an electrical intensity to her...a kind of personal magnetism that has nothing to do with the magic at her command.

...or does it?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Talashia shrugs. "You're untrained, and in the company of a sorceress you have reason to be wary of. The amulet may not be a bad thing in that case. Unless you feel that you have sufficient command of your powers to defend yourself, it will protect you from outside magic. And remember, if you think you need your magic, you can always just...take it off again. It's not something you have to commit to wearing or not wearing. Take each moment as it comes."

"Tal is not wrong," Elora offers, "And I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here about the necklace. But I definitely don't want to leave you behind here at the Inn when we venture out."

The white haired girl kept looking over to the bickering couple. "Those two are really getting to me."

Persuasion : 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Odvara turns the amulet over in her hand, gnawing her lower lip. "I suppose there's no harm in just carrying it with me...in case," she says, though her voice trails off, not wanting to imagine what that circumstance would be. Of course, the naive young woman of Gulet does not realize, as Talashia does, that simply having the dimeritium on her person will have the same effects as if wearing it about her neck.

Nodding her head slowly at first, and then more steadily, she agrees with Elora's proposal, "Yes, yes it's for the best that I go with you. I know very little about these elf lands, after all, and the people are different. Where are we going?" She inquires of your party, now eager to be out of earshot of the bickering couple. At Talashia's joke,
Odvara blushes madly and stifles a laugh.[/SECTION]

Remove ads