• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizardru's Story Hour (updated 11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zad

First Post
I only use the laptop for this campaign. It's a combination of taking notes (which I absolutely need it for - that's just a personal habit that it's easier for me to type than write) and running Kayleigh.

I keep all my characters in spreadsheet form but printouts are usually adequate. Initially I started using it to keep track of buffs and the ripple effects. These days I have magic items with most kinds of bonuses but I use it to do math for me.

Up to six attacks, which ones hit, was I within 30 feet, were there crits, add up the damage, add fire damage.... it can take some time and I don't like to slow things. So I roll d20s and it will do most of the rest for me.

(Hm. On second thought I lied. I use it for Avonshar too - juggling info on a half dozen astral constructs was tricky.)

WizarDru

Adventurer
pogre said:
Enjoyed seeing the picture of you guys in action. You all look like a fun, friendly bunch.
Look can be deceiving: they're an evil, conniving bunch. Can't be trusted to roll over and die like good PCs should. All their babbling on about this spell doing this and that bonus doing that...you get the idea.;)

(for those who are wondering what Pogre is talking about, you can see the Meepites in action in this thread over here.) Of course, now that I think about it, how did you take that shot?

The laptops started to bloom more and more often when I installed the wireless, of course. Down in the basement, I tend not to use my laptop, what with the desktops being right there. It's less a function of difficulty at high-level than of speed: as Zad mentioned, there's a lot numbers floating about. DM Genie and Sovelior's SRD make things much faster for me...so fast that I rarely crack the books for certains rules calls. However, their prolifieration is more than I expected: when we started, there weren't any laptops around the table: four years on...well, you can see what I mean.

That game room is my pride and joy. D&D setup on Friday night and then Dance Dance Revolution pads setup on Saturday day; Saturday night back to D&D minis, while I play Unreal Tournament. It is my bliss. Most recent addition is the shelving unit for storing the minis and dwarven forge materials. Scorch has a much better system for them, but I'm able to get minis in a moments notice, now, thanks to Valanthe's meticulous sorting of same.

Last edited:

Zad

First Post
Down Among the Dead Men - Chapter 1

Down Among the Dead Men

Chapter 1

OOC Notes:

Experience is 1456 for 22nd, 1150 for 23rd.

Here are some bits of information that came out over the course of the night. I’m including them here for historical purposes and because it may become significant later.

Aethramyr tried to teleport to the Lendores but could not, nor could he dream his way there. He spoke to an avatar of Sehanine who reassured him that the Lendores was defending itself but it should be fine. The solar in question was touched by a profound saddness that showed it did not escape the war unscathed.

The Shadow Plane was mostly the same except that strange crystals had started growing out of the ground. They were faintly luminous but their light was not being drawn towards the Spectral Citadel like all other light.

There are miles of undead still surrounding Rauxes waiting for some kind of signal. They have however abandoned Kalstrand and their purposes there.

Lord Gelban received reports that forces of Iuz are on the move being lead by some of the Boneheart. They are moving with some plan but they are being deceptive so as to hide their true purpose, using the excellent roads in those areas.

This Week’s Adventure:

It had been some ten days since heaven and hell warred on the Prime. Things were starting to return to normal at the palace, but there was a tension in the air. It was a feeling of dread, where you dare not believe all is well and wait tensely for the other boot to drop. The elves never have been one to adapt to change well, and this was far too radical and far too fast for us. I’ve learned that an elf can adapt to a fast paced life, if forced to. But even I have trouble seeing what I see some days.

But setting all this aside, something else was amiss. There were too many Brightflame knights scurrying around. Too many couriers. Too many preparations being made. This was not the signs of a battle ending, but the signs of one beginning. Someone was preparing for a campaign.

Prince Melf was in the palace but he had not appeared publicly. The Brightflame Knights answered to him in times of peace, which this ostensibly was. (I have trouble telling any more. The Queen spent much of her time with the Binder, but I did not know why. Whatever Melf was doing, it had to be with her approval for there was far more military force involved than just the Brightflame Knights. Some discreet inquiries gave me a sense of the scope of the effort, but no information on what the objective was.

Despite all the recent events, nobody had said a word to me, and I wasn’t about to be left on the sidelines uninformed and unable to act. I started with Onselven.

But to my surprise and his considerable annoyance, he had no idea what was happening. He too knew of the preparations and that Prince Melf was the primary actor, but he knew no more of the purpose than I. He was however keenly interested in anything I might learn on this, once he realized I was of a mind to pursue it further.

I attempted an audience with the Queen but I was turned away. This only deepened my concerns. It would have been far easier if my monarchs had chosen to share with me, but if they did not wish to, then I would find out on my own.

Of course that wasn’t likely to be very popular. Especially when I did it very loudly.

I stopped the first Brightflame Knight I saw and asked him, loudly and in the hallway, what they were preparing for. He was immediately overcome with shock that I would ask in so public a place. That gave way to discomfort as he sought a way to evade my question. I pressed him hard but in the end, he would only say “I follow where my Prince leads.”

Oh well. I hadn’t expected an answer anyway. I went off looking for more knights, and each time I found one I repeated the inquiry. Within an hour, it was apparent that word had spread and they were actively avoiding me. I turned this into an entertaining game of hide-and-seek, using a few things I’d picked up from Valanthe to rattle them even further by suddenly appearing and asking more questions.

It only took a couple hours of this before a page found me.

“Lady Kayleigh Ladanna’al? I am instructed to bring you to His Highness Prince Melf.”

I smiled. See how easy that was?

I was brought to another converted library, after passing through an assortment of the Fey Mysteries to be cleansed. I debated just walking through but then again I always did, and I hadn’t found anything yet that was so dire that it warranted ignoring the monarchy’s wishes. The room was trimmed in white wood with the walls elaborately painted to create the illusion of being in the forest. Maps with wooden markers were spread out over various tables – none of the magical maps seemed to be here. Several high ranking knights and nobles conferred, centered around a tall, thin elf. He was somewhat pale and thin, and wore a black cloak despite the warmth in the room. He was gesturing over a series of maps that detailed the general area around Celene, the Nyr Dyv and Greyhawk. His voice was surprisingly deep for his frame as he motioned over a number of markers placed near the Bright Coast.

I glanced around the room quickly, scanning for other Champions. There was but one - Vikorond Stormbow, whom we rescued from captivity in the Lich Queen’s palace. He nodded at me as he listened to the Prince.

When Melf finished, he waved off the group and turned to me. “Lady Kayleigh?”

I curtsied. “Your Highness. You wished to see me?” I showed a small smirk at that.

“While you may not believe it, you could have come to me directly. You are a Champion. You are a valued member of your society – do not de-value yourself.”

I wanted to be polite but frank as well. “Your Highness, had it been made clear to me what was threatening Celene, I would not have to inquire quite so brazenly. I made discreet inquires and was rebuffed. I therefore took a more… dramatic route. I worry greatly for our nation and I do not wish to be left on the sidelines, uninformed and unaware.”

If Melf saw any reason to my point, he didn’t show it. But it wasn’t required. My message was heard – I do not wish to be kept in the dark. My hope was that I could also show why it would benefit him to share with me, aside from just avoiding further annoyance.

He said “I will answer your question before you ask the pissboy, as I understand he is otherwise occupied. I have information from an ally that the Mak is planning to make a move as a part of a greater alliance with enemies of our nation. We intend to strike first.”

Down to business at last. “What allies, Your Highness?” The value of the information was revealed in part by its source.

The prince agreed. “I have long been… I wouldn’t say ‘friends’ but associated with the Circle of Eight. Mordenkainen informs me that the Mak is planning a move. It might be Iuz motivating him, but something has happened and he is rallying his troops. Iuz has troops moving in several different regiments. A good portion are heading southwards over towards Furyondy, or they may try to go right through Veluna. Whether the Mak intends to attack directly or to isolate us by attacking our neighbors is unclear. Nyrond used to be a staunch defender against Iuz but after the Greyhawk wars they can scarcely feed themselves.” He gestured for me to follow as we walked around examining several maps.

“Your Highness, this could relate closely to Chavram. I have information that he has gathered many allies including some from the Underdark. He has moved beneath the earth these past months. His actions could also explain Iuz’ response. He is gathering his forces and plans a summit soon, after which he will move.”

I went on to detail Chavram’s recent activities as related by Dravot’s brother. Melf was surprised to learn that Chavram has four of the binders but he agreed that the abjuration binder was likely in his possession.

“I am convinced that all of this is either caused by or in response to Chavram. But what he plans, I do not know.” Melf nodded at me, taking in this new information. It seemed I’d managed to show him the value of my inclusion.

He must have been thinking something similar. “You should know that I am not taking any Champions with me, save Vykrond. I’m doing this in case I’m wrong. I do not wish Celene’s defense to suffer if I am in error. You alone are worth an entire regiment – you can turn a battle single-handedly, and thus I do not wish to deny Celene that in case I am playing into a trap. Besides, I’m sure a war with mere orcs is not a wise use of your skills.” He showed the first sign of a smile since I’d entered.

“Oh Your Highness, I assure you after all I’ve been through, a war with orcs sounds heavenly.” I shrugged longingly. “But more likely my path will take me into Chavram’s. Sire, I believe it would be wise if we kept each other informed. I come across information from very unique paths and much of it may be of benefit to you.”

He didn’t even try to argue. “Indeed. You will not be able to reach me directly but you can send messaging spells to Vykrond. There is much here that is hidden.”

The audience was over. The Prince had surprised me, and I think I him as well. But I am sure it will be to both our benefits that it happened.

With that done, I was left with some rather unpleasant business. Something I most certainly did not want to do, but there was no helping it.

I had to go to Kobold Country.

I had secured some reagents from one of the new mages to use in the creation of my bow in exchange for some other materials. I had the materials now, and just had to deliver them. But of course that meant doing something I was loathe to do. But there was no point putting it off, so I teleported to Ru’un Khazai.

If anything the activity there had intensified since the last visit. Since the landlords had returned and not immediately evicted everyone, there was now a certain level of approval that had everything moving ahead at a full gallop. I ignored the stir my arrival created and went on my errand. It wasn’t so much that teleportation was unexpected here, but that it was me in particular. Apparently word of my… dissatisfaction with the situation had gotten around. Still the Queen had not yet ordered me to destroy the drow here, and until she did I was willing to ignore them.

I had just finished my errand when there was an explosion on a nearby hill. I saw two people running down the hill – a human leading an elven boy in grey robes. Even from a distance I could see the symbol of Earth on the boy’s forehead.

Another explosion went up from the house sending fragments of a shield guardian fifty feet into the air. The two were almost at the bottom of the hill when a wall of force sprung up in front of them. Not being able to see it the man went headlong into it. Then I finally made out a shape coming from the smoke consuming the hut. It seemed to be some kind of golem but it looked more like a product of Mechanus or the Egg of Coot. It had a human-esque face but looked as tho extra parts had been molded on after its initial creation.

Dravot teleported close to it and it said “I really am very sorry about this,” just before it smashed him. There was a blast of thunder that shook the hillside but Dravot seemed unfazed.

Then a second one of a different design came from the house.

Whatever else these were, they were intelligent, and apparently not very happy to be doing what they were doing. A strange game followed next – as we moved the man and boy out of harm’s way, a force bubble would spring up to contain them, whereupon we magically moved them again. The creatures themselves were very hardy and almost unaffected by our weapons, save for ShadowCut. Finally Scorch teleported the pair to one of the warded areas of the fortress, figuring they were somehow magically detecting their prey.

The two machine creatures stopped suddenly. One said to the other “The mage seems to have teleported the boy away. I’ve lost track of him. Still have to find him and kill him of course.”

Dravot attempted to implode one of them, but the creature evaded the effect. Strangely it said “Oh my. That was a very good try. You almost got me! Keep trying.” It wasn’t mocking or sarcastic but instead was completely sincere.

Denied their quarry, they seemed very upset. “Now we’ve failed,” one said. “We’ve failed, then we failed in our failure.” We tried to talk to them but they seemed torn between politeness and their directives. They disappeared off the plane and went back to wherever they came from.

We sat down with the pair. The human was a member of the Silent Brotherhood. Scorch was aware of him and believed he was here largely to spy on Scorch. But the boy was the stranger element. He was the Silverring’s apprentice. Those creatures had followed him through several teleportation circles. Most likely they wanted the papers he was carrying.

He related the circumstances of his sudden departure from the Brotherhood monastery. He did not know who Gulthias was, but when he uttered the name, the silence could have been cut with a blade. The boy had no idea what had happened and he assumed Yaleth was dead. When we asked him about the items she carried, the answer became clear. A questioning glance to Scorch confirmed what I had feared – the planar rift that she’d caused would most likely not have killed her or Gulthias. We’d have to finish that job ourselves if given the chance.

Since the papers seemed to be the key, we examined them carefully. There were reports from all over the Flanness. Many indicated how the movements of the drow and koa toa seemed to suggest there was a major meeting to be held soon. An ancient map of the Four Kingdoms showed the location of something called the Deathvent – an accessway to the Underdark under one of the fallen elven kingdoms. The location was underwater off the eastern coast, and there were reports of many strange happenings in that area.

One note was unusual in that it was written in three different styles and seemed to shift in mid-sentence. The writer was exploring the area and talks of the undead horrors that have been spewed up in preparation for the meetings. He walked amongst them but sooner or later would be noticed. The change in writing and context made me suspect it was The Tatterdamelion, and Dravot agreed. The second page of the note said that the ghost (Bellamy one assumes) was trying to keep an eye on Orcus’ forces. So far the massing continues but has slowed down.

Reports also indicate that certain former Grey Guild members have re-appeared including Prophyon and the Burning Skin. Scorch indicated he had been approached by Prophyon but not the Burning Skin. The report indicated they believed they were both given a True Resurrection by someone.

And one report said simply that the cambion has disappeared.

Well that wasn’t good. I contacted Lord Gelban immediately. “Are you aware that the cambion has disappeared from beneath Castle Greyhawk?”

[Astute readers will recall the second adventure of the company wherein they were sent into the castle to feed a piece of the legendary fruit to the cambion trapped there.]

He replied “How is it that you learn these things just as I do?”

I tried to avoid being too glib when I said “You have no idea how happy it makes me when you say things like that.”

Lord Gelban would be investigating of course, but surely this was linked to the movements of Iuz. Iuz of course cared nothing for his offspring but he was powerful.

It was then I remembered the link between the cambion and Lord Gelban’s daughter. Her sickness was the cause of our first adventure, and our second mission was to give the cure to the cambion as well. The two were linked in some way. The cambion was half fiend, the girl half-dragon, so it seemed unlikely it was by common parentage.

But Lord Gelban never told us the details of how they were linked or why. And we never had cause to ask until now.

So I asked.

Lord Gelban hesitated. “I would prefer not to discuss it over the scales.”

“That is probably wise. We should meet soon then.”

Lord Gelban’s reply was quiet and tense. “Very soon.”

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
Oh, and for those who are curious, the beings the Meepites fought are known as The Failed.....though the meepites will realize a few things about them that will make them more familiar. :) If folks are interested, I can post their stats in that other thread.

One of the more amusing points of the battle was when the Failed started being polite and apologizing prefusely. The meepites found this profoundly disturbing: primarily because historically, when a monster starts talking smack, they school him badly. Creatures who don't, often result in a nasty battle. This was less of a fight, and more of a tactical exercise. The Failed weren't terribly interested in battling the party, and the party almost spent more time getting to the battle than actually having it.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dru, could you perchance post stats (or ideas behind) these newest opponents in The Thread That Must Not Be Named?

Thanks, -- N

WizarDru

Adventurer
Nifft said:
Dru, could you perchance post stats (or ideas behind) these newest opponents in The Thread That Must Not Be Named?

Thanks, -- N
Your wish is my command. Their stat-blocks can be found right here.

It goes without saying that this off-limits to PCs...but I guess I just said it, anyways. :)

Zad

First Post
Down with the Dead Men - Chapter 2

Down with the Dead Men - Chapter 2

OOC Notes:

Exp is 1000 for 23rd, 1500 for 22nd.

This Week’s Adventure:
Why did the Deathvent have to be underwater? It couldn’t have been on a mountain? Or in a deep cave perhaps? Maybe in a desert? No. It had to be underwater.

I hate being wet. Unless it’s a bath of course.

Aside from my general displeasure at being soggy, being underwater poses a number of other tactical problems. Little things like “moving” and “breathing” leap to mind, to say nothing of the fact that some “fighting” seems likely. While there are any number of magics available to handle the issue of breathing, most of them don’t seem to help much when it comes to moving about. Some quick research revealed a magical pearl that would address both issues, and we set about acquiring a few. In that effort I went with Bolo to visit the First Ash, glad for a chance to offer my thanks personally.

Windfall was there – a druid of Bolo’s acquaintance. He knew of the Deathvent, but they refer to it as the Sundering of the Ur’Flan. Most wildlife avoids the area. The creatures there are usually dangerous things coming out of the vent. Between the information offered by Windfall, as well as the maps we had and Chavram’s old notes, we were able to discern a fairly precise location.

Reports were that the creatures in the area were erecting defenses and several air bubbles. There are long tubes from which dangerous eels would shoot out to devour their prey, as well as koa toa and others on patrol. There are also a great many of The Drowned. The signs indicated that the drow were in the area but so far had not been seen.

We were reviewing our strategy when Dravot received a sending from Prestwick in Greyhawk.

Dravot! The Living Saint is in danger! Tried to stop him, but he would not listen! The judges are chasing him and mean to banish him!

The Living Saint in this case meant Aedan, the boy we found guarding the Light of Reason. I’m not sure why the Judges would want to banish him however. Turns out the confusion was more on the part of the sender. Of course we wasted no time considering it but instead teleported to Greyhawk.

And I should note that it was not without some degree of wariness. We had not been in Greyhawk openly or as a group since… well since quite some time ago. Since Lord Gelban was captured, if I recall rightly. And in the intervening time, the Greyhawk Dragons had appeared. They were some out-of-the-ordinary type of dragons and seemed to have placed the city under their protection, or martial law depending on your viewpoint. I wasn’t so much worried about an outright attack by them as I was just mindful of their presence. They had a reputation for suddenly appearing very quickly when there was trouble, so I was sure they would be near by the time we got there.

Outside the temple was a chaotic scene. A carriage was overturned, and a fruit stand smashed to bits. Standing outside the temple was Prestwick and Meltorannan. The Judge was standing silently but was surely linked to his fellow judges. In the ethereal I could see the hazy outlines of two more judges nearby. Those two suddenly flew off in the direction of a great deal of noise.

Dravot approached Meltorannan, who seemed almost eager to relate details despite his dispassionate appearance. “The boy took the giant and one of the Forsaken with him. We told him he had made his choice. If the Judges banish the Forsaken one, he will be destroyed.”

The Forsaken would surely be the group of celestials that had hidden Brindinford and were not included when the new deal was struck. The Judges would see them as an unauthorized presence but since he was no longer a servant of Pelor, he would be destroyed rather than simply banished. Meltorannan clearly did not want that to happen but was bound by the rules. After hearing this, I was convinced I saw relief on his face. He could not act, but we could and he was hoping we would resolve this with more compassion than he could.

Sir Ferris was moving through Greyhawk, and the trail was so obvious that even a dwarf could follow it. He was managing to avoid people and property in the temple district, but he was fast closing on the market district and casualties would be harder to avoid in those tight quarters. We set off in pursuit – Dravot was on the flying carpet with Valanthe while the rest of us came at a slower pace. But as we moved, I noticed a merchant had been watching us intently from quite a distance away. As we moved, so too did he, ducking into an alleyway.

A moment later, a dragon rose over the buildings. It was invisible and heading in the same direction. It’s approach and altitude suggested it was observing rather than becoming involved. But while the dragon’s presence was anticipated, what I had not expected was the other observers on the scene. Tiny undead disembodied eyeballs were floating above the city. Whoever used these diseased things had a great many of them.

They would wait. We started moving through the city following the trail of Sir Ferris. Scorch was initially in the form of a Solar but was quickly challenged by the Judges and he reverted to something less offensive to them. As we closed in on Sir Ferris, we could see a number of Judges following. But it was obvious they were not trying to catch up – just to keep him in sight. It seemed that the Judges were giving us some small amount of room to resolve the situation rather than be forced to destroy one who was formerly their own. Either of their own violition or at Meltorannan’s urging, they were giving us room.

The carpet caught up first unsurprisingly. Sir Ferris was barreling along as fast as he could while trying to be careful of innocents. His hands were cupped and surely Aedan and the solar were inside. Dravot attempted to jump and was saved by Valanthe before he made an embarrassing landing on the cobblestones below. Wisdom won out and Dravot instead asked the group to stop so they could talk. Aedan was hesitant, but he took Dravot at his word. He was rewarded for his faith when he saw the Judges slow their pursuit. They took positions surrounding the colossus, but did not approach.

As for the solar, he was pale and shaken, and only partially conscious. He had no obvious wound but he was clearly afflicted with some malady. Dravot attempted to heal him but the warm light of the magic washed over him with no effect. It was almost as though he was out-of-bounds for that magic.

While Dravot ministered to the fallen solar, Scorch approached the Greyhawk dragon who was also observing the scene. The dragon was polite, and appeared to know who Scorch was all too well. He declined to give a name, saying it was forbidden for his kind.

I shall therefore call him Stanley.

Stanley was not of a mind to interfere. I’m uncertain if he felt he lacked the power or if it was more out of courtesy or compassion that he only watched. In any case I appreciated his caution in the matter. At my request, Scorch asked if the eyeballs were something Stanley’s kind used to monitor the city. Stanley was unaware of them until they were pointed out and even then they were hard for him to discern. So after warning him, I began firing arrows to destroy them. It was bad enough we were sighted here – there was no reason to provide any more information.

Dravot tried another approach with the sickened solar, and let the light and power of Pelor flow gently into his patient. The solar responded to this – his eyes brightened and he became more coherent. Dravot repeated the ritual a few times and as the solar became more healthy, he also became less distinct and hard to perceive. The Judges began looking about as if trying to keep track of him. Whatever he had used to cloak himself until now apparently was working again.

The solar stood slowly and bowed deeply to Dravot. “You have my thanks, Saint. But you should not have risked yourself so for me.”

Dravot looked at him warmly. “You are a follower of Pelor. I could do no less.”

The solar bowed his head in shame. “I am not.”

Dravot just smiled. “You were once. That’s enough for me.”

“I betrayed His trust. And I would do it again. For that, I am unworthy.”

Dravot put a hand on the solar’s arm and spoke softly. “Pelor forgives you. He understands why you did what you did. He asks for your return. He loves you now, as He always has. He has not turned his sight from you, nor cast you aside. You know Him. You know His love. Would He turn His sight from you? Or would He forgive you, and open His heart and welcome you home?”

The solar was not yet convinced but he was listening closely despite his tears. Dravot went on. “I love you. I thank you for what you did. What you did for me. And I love you for it and all that you sacrificed. But I cannot let you sentence yourself to walk forever in darkness.” Dravot waved at the distant Judges “Even these, your former brothers, love you. They too admire your sacrifice. They stay their hand, hoping for a miracle, for a second chance for you. They are bound to act but they do not. Because they love you.”

“And like the rest of us, Pelor loves you. Truly our love for you is but a reflection of His. I have stood before Him in all His grace and radiance. I have felt the touch of His love. For me, for you, for all creatures. He forgives you my brother. And He loves you.”

The solar slowly lifted his head, and started smiling despite the tears flowing freely from him. He released the cloak hiding him, and snapped into focus. But with it, his eyes brightened and were filled with a sense of joy and purpose that had been lacking before. A sense of peace returned to him. No, not peace. Faith.

Several of the Judges suddenly moved in. The solar just nodded softly to Dravot, and bent and kissed Aedan on the forehead in thanks. He stood tall as the Judges came, and they reached out and touched him gently and he vanished, returned to the fold.

A new dawn indeed.

PS: I lied about the elf porn

ThoughtBubble

First Post
I could have sworn I wrote this allready but... Dravot's speech nearly had me crying. That was very moving. Mass props for the cleric. :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
ThoughtBubble said:
I could have sworn I wrote this allready but... Dravot's speech nearly had me crying. That was very moving. Mass props for the cleric. :)
Propz also need to be offered up to our poor author, who had to find a way to reflect an obscenly high Diplomacy score in story terms.

This whole chapter was short on combat, as there was no real expectation that battle would be joined, but long on use of powers and problem-solving. Saving the solar was much more than a question of casting a healing spell, as he was damaged metaphysically, instead of physically. A running gag in the game is that when something happens or is presented that is sufficiently cosmic or weird, it is described requiring levels of alienist if you want to fully understand it. This was one of those situations. Some obscenely high Knowledge:Religion and Knowledge:planes rolls were required to figure out the nature of the dillemma.

It should also be noted that the situation was, at points, much more volatile than perhaps Kayleigh paints it. Scorch played a game of chicken with the Judges, but backed down when they made it clear they weren't about to blink.

Oh, and for the curious, Valanthe's magic carpet is a solid 3.0 hold-over, which is why it's capable of such lightning speeds, especially compared to 3.5s ultra-slow versions...it's 8x faster than the new models. Must be due to emissions regulations, or something. :)

dravot

First Post
WizarDru said:
Propz also need to be offered up to our poor author, who had to find a way to reflect an obscenly high Diplomacy score in story terms.
Alas, it was quite sad. I was pretty tired that night, and distracted by other things. WizarDru gives me a great opportunity, and I'm like..."Uh...dude, Pelor says you can come home."

WizarDru prudently saves my completely botched attempt at role-playing by asking for a diplomacy check. I think my total was a 42 or a 44.

Zad then cursed at me and said that he'd figure out something to make it compelling. And he did. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads