• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizardru's Story Hour (updated 11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVyreth

First Post
Zad said:
“But he is a holy champion. You all are. Well, perhaps not the mage… but still…” Peck protested quietly.

This so made me laugh.

Zad said:
I looked them over carefully. “Rest assured, your time will come. But I don’t think that time is now. I’m not even sure we’re ready for this. Remember this is a madness we brought into this world, and now have cause to deeply regret. But there are many evils in the world and you will soon learn that you cannot be everywhere at once. Even while we go to deal with Zinkman, what of the Khel’Hrdad? Perhaps The Brazen will send you to check up on them, though you’d do well to only observe and not try to stop them.”

This made me laugh too, but for other, more ominious reasons. I missed my enigmatic contributions. Heck, I just missed you guys!

Incidentally, I'm thinking of starting my own player Story Hour. We just started a new online Story Hour to replace my own (which I will still finish in fiction form, as a reminder.) We're barely through the character creation and I'll give it a few months to see if it looks like an extended campaign, but I'm willing to give it a chance from there. After DMing for or playing with half-dragons, half-ogres, half-ogre/half-dragons, deep gnomes, half-celestials, actual Celestials, wereleopards, giant-bloodeds, dragons, and rakshashas, I get to play the weird one! I'm going to be playing a nanomachine-based android of my own design named Self. Any tips on a player-centric Story Hour?

WizarDru

Adventurer
LordVyreth said:
I get to play the weird one! I'm going to be playing a nanomachine-based android of my own design named Self. Any tips on a player-centric Story Hour?

I'll leave that question to Zad...seeing as how the player-centric story hour I wrote was swallowed whole by the boards during a big crash in, what, 2003? :)

For those wondering, this is a long-running gag that finally made it into the foreground. The party of Ratt Wulfbane and his companions originally appeared WAY, WAY Back before "A Family Affair" (i.e. pre-Chavram), and then had a minor appearance just prior to Infernus' attack on Gelban (as well as multiple references in-game). At the time, they were staying in the Sun Tower, while the PCs were staying in the Moon Tower at Gelban's estate. Despite many near-encounters, they almost never met up. Every opportunity since then, they've missed each other. While the PCs have been handling the big jobs, the Brazen has had this secondary party dealing with lesser and sometimes more subtle threats that the players never followed up on (such as what Drawmidj was doing with those plants near Nightfang Spire, for example).

For those who may not get the joke, the group is a well-meant parody of Wulf Ratbane and his crew, from the classic story hour of the same name, linked in my .sig below. Back when the story-hours were new, Wulf's was one of the first true standouts (Wulf, that is to say Ben Durbin, formed Bad Axe Games, creators of the most excellent Grim Tales d20 variant). Remember kids, if you're going to steal, steal from the best.

the Jester

Legend
Spatzimaus said:
Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion? Reverse Gender? Summon Human?

No, no- it's called the Spell that must Never Be Cast. I think it's in Heroes of teh Funny, iirc.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Last night I was on the verge of crying. Aethramyr's player was on fire, He did something so perfect to end the night that it was wonderful to sit next to him. You were great last night J. I bow to your Paladin-ness!

LordVyreth

First Post
I'm gonna guess Mordenkainen's Dis to the Junction. Oh yeah.

And it's probably because I made fun of him earlier in this thread.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Last night I was on the verge of crying. Aethramyr's player was on fire, He did something so perfect to end the night that it was wonderful to sit next to him. You were great last night J. I bow to your Paladin-ness!

So now, to scream ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once, before checking the thread every so often until it updates. :)

dravot

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Meh. I've had holier things than that for breakfast. He's a piker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads