Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
The elfin lass comes out from hiding and waves.

"I was a little little startled. I've had all sorts of strange visitors to our wonderful island."

The girl steps a little bit closer but then hesitates.

"My name is Elvidra. I am The Keeper of Summer's Warm Embrace, one of the twin Scions of Solstice, the spiritual leaders of out tiny island."

She looks over at the village on the horizon. "You won't find much there right now. Not since my sister had caused it to be frozen in a magical winter. There were some barbarians there, but your friends drove them off. I sent them to gather the components needed to undo my sister's spell."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I knew this weather was not natural, the spirit of the Forest told me so. This is a Threat to the Balance, one that must be ended. You said there were others before us, sent to collect component to stop the spell cast by your other half; I presume they perished. We will succeed, this unbalance must be ended. Give us all the information you have." the blunt Earth replied quickly, pushing the more social adventurers to a side with his bulk, as he advances, eager, unstoppable. "Now."

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well, my sister and I haven't always gotten along, but she's never been this aggressive. I sense there is something more to it than just your usual sibling issues. If you'd be willing, I'd like you to travel to Mount Snow and check up on her. See if there is some other force at work. By our spiritual oaths, I am forbidden from traveling to Mount Snow, as she is forbidden from traveling here to Summer Glade, so you will have to be my eyes and ears."

Rapida

First Post
"I'm glad to hear the other group fared better than we did. We were attacked off the coast and it caused our ship to have a bit of a rough landing," Brenwar looks back at the group, "I vote we travel to her sister's domain to learn more."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes." agrees the already marching construct. He seems determined, or as determined one would expect a mountain would be to withstand the weather; impassively.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Elvidra smiles at the willingness of total strangers to help.

"Even though the island is small, It would still take most of the day to cross it. I understand that you might be in a bit of a rush. There's are portals that connect the outskirts of my grove with the hills around her mountain, if you need a quicker way to travel."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We would be in your debt if you can show us around."
says the half elf with a slight bow.

He straightens and motions for her to lead the way.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Elvidra draws a very crude map on the ground.

solsticemap.png

Elvidra draws a large mountain at the opposite side of the island with an arrow pointing to it.

"That is Mount Snow, the portal will take you to the north side of the mountain, near the Tigerclaw village, Otherwise, you'll have to cross the rough hills or the Cragwall."

Remove ads