Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar stumbles out of the heat and smoke toward Tarkus and one of the ettins. He manages to fend off a few blows still trying to clear the smoke and ash from his face, but fails to land any significant blows in return. He uses the powers granted by Palladys to force the ettin's ire on himself rather than Tarkus.

OOC:
I forgot about my Cast Fortune rolls from earlier while rolling skills, I'll just use them for the combat.
Cast Fortune Rolls: 4, 18, 7

[sblock=Combat]
Pre-turn:
59/71 HP

Move Action:
Move to T13

Minor Action:
Divine Challenge Ettin Thug 1

Standard Action:
Virtuous Strike vs. Ettin Thug
-- Attack: [4] + 13 - 5 = 12

End Turn:
59/71 HP
Save vs. Blind [18]
Cast Fortune Rolls: 4, 18, 7

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 8
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +3, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25

AC: 26 Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 22, Resist: 1/all, 5/fire

HP: 59/71, Bloodied: 35 , Surge Value: 18, Surges Left: 10/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +12 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+6 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (3/4 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Divine Reverence, Shield of Devotion, Radiant Stride, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Do we take the 10 damage for starting in the fire? I thought we did so I added it in.

GM: The trigger is enter or end your turn in the fire. Also, I didn't mention it before, but you can only take the damage once per turn.

Minor Action:
Divine Mettle (Self) with Heroic Effort(Cast fortune roll [4]+5+ 4)
--Saved

GM: You are not a legal target for your own Divine Mettle.

"Unless a power description notes otherwise, a close burst you create does not affect you."

Compare this to bursts like Healing Word which specifically mention you as a target.

Rapida

First Post
GM: You are not a legal target for your own Divine Mettle.

"Unless a power description notes otherwise, a close burst you create does not affect you."

Compare this to bursts like Healing Word which specifically mention you as a target.
Derp, I'll go fix that now.

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron steps through the portal and into the burning flames of the bonfire.*

What's this? Am I finally back home?

*He steps through the bonfire with nearly a mark, and sighs heavily.*

Alass I am not, sadly.

*Kauldron looks around as he watches the others get shot at by the massive spears of the ettins. He watches as they scramble around to do something about it. With all the ensuing chaos Kauldron looks around for another target. Spotting the ettin behind the broken wall Kauldron makes a dash for the massive beast. He leaps at the blocking wall and barely manages to scramble over it before leaping off of the wall to slash at the beast, cutting it insufficiently. He lands upon his feet before the massice beast, and grins behind his masked him. He goads the beast on by waving it to himself with his fingers, curling them out and back towards himself multiple times.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to I11

Minor: Divine Challenge
-Target: Ettin Thugs 2 (C/D/9/10)
-Effect: Target is subject to Kauldron's Divine Sanction.
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 8 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Standard: Charging Virtuous Strike
-Move: Charge to E10 (Athletics to Jump Wall: 13: Success)
-Target: Ettin Thugs 2 (C/D/9/10)
-Attack: +15 vs. AC (Rolled; 21)
-Damage: 1d8+9 RADIANT damage. (12 RADIANT damage)
-Effect: Kauldron gains a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 66/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 10/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [X]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Giantkind Gloves [ ]
Infuriating Taunt [ ]
Running Slash [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]

Gift of Fire [ ]
Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]

Javelin [2]
Sling Bullets [18]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
The ettin near Earth puts some space between himself and the warforged, its anger growing.

"This one for dinner too!"

Pulling out another javelin, it stabs Earth.

"Hey! He sound kind crunchy!"

Start of Turn: Recharge Pinion (1d6=3) (FAIL)
Minor: Draw Javelin
Move: Shift
Standard: Javelin (1d6+6+2=10, 1d20+15+2+2=38) (HIT)

Ettin Wrath Chanter

One ettin is dressed in hides decorated with shamanic totems. He moves closer to Earth who can suddenly feel the palpable anger that surrounds him.

The shaman channels his primal power through the aura and suddenly earth cannot judge friend from foe. The warforged suddenly sees a new enemy to attack.

Martelai tries to shout a warning to his ally that is now bearing down on him, but he realizes that all he can do is just get out of the way of the swing of Earth's mighty hammer that punches a crater into the earth where Martelai had just stood.

Rage Song (Aura 5): Enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls while in the aura. Allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls while in the aura.
Standard: Invoke Fury: Effect: Close burst 5 (one enemy in the burst). The target must use a free action to charge or make a basic attack against a target of the ettin’s choice. The movement for this charge does not provoke opportunity attacks.

Earth charges Martelai: Charge (1d10+7=16, 1d20+13+1=19) (MISS)

The remaining two ettins respond to their challenges by bringing massive clubs down upon their enemies.

Ettin Thug 1
Standard: Greatclub (1d12+3=7, 1d20+13=26) (HIT)

Ettin Thug 2
Standard: Creatclub (1d12+3=11, 1d20+13=30) (HIT)

GM: Tarkus gets to act followed by another round from the ettins.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Going to give [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] another day to respond or else he'll be delayed, which means the ettin will end up getting two consecutive turns.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry, got confused about the turn order and didn't realize I was up.
[/sblock]

Tarkus backs slowly away from the ettin and, when he judges he's out of its reach, turns and stumbles blindly towards Cyr's cries. "Juna, my ally is hurt! Heal him, that he may smite these enemies in your name!" Juna hears, and Cyr finds himself instantly unwounded; alas, no healing is coming for Tarkus' blindness.

[sblock=Action]
Move: shift to S13
Standard: move to T10
Minor: Healing Word at Cyr: regains 11+12 = 23 hp, and has a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the next attack made against him (before the end of my next turn)
End of turn: save vs blindness: fail
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 21
AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 20
HP: 32/46 Surges: 4/9 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:19 Cha:15

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind