• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
After chasing and killing as many of the Twig Blight Swarm seedlings as she can, Ilex comes back to the clearing. It's so frustrating how quickly they blend in and disappear in the undergrowth. I destroyed a good bunch of them though. How's Merri? After listening to how Merri is doing Ilex then starts clearing the Great Oak of the diseased mistletoe. She is hoping to find some healthy mistletoe that they can use for the ritual to stop Elvidra's sister, the Keeper of Winter's Cold Caress. Once she has removed as much of the diseased mistletoe as she can she will burn it to keep it from infecting any healthy plants in the future.

[sblock=actions]
OOC: I'm guessing this will be were we take an extended rest and that a warm fire would be welcome.

Nature and Perception check in looking for healthy mistletoe.
Nature, Perception (1d20+13=29, 1d20+4=10)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Ilex is able to identify several healthy sprigs of mistletoe. There's a lot of unhealthy stuff to pick through, but not knowing exactly how much is needed for the ritual, it might be useful to take some extra.

Ilex has found:

• 5 Excellent Specimens
  • 6 Healthy Specimens
  • Copious amounts of Weak Specimens

Also searching about the clearing, you are able to find...

The woody vines of the demonic plant still contain a residual magic that can be harvested.

[sblock=Ilex]Feyswarm Staff +1[/sblock]

[sblock=Marrgash]Staff of Sleep and Charm +1[/sblock]

The dryad was wearing enchanted hides.

[sblock=Lenyara]Sylvan Hide Armor +1[/sblock]

Beneath a rock at the base of a tree, you find a small stash of items that must have been forgotten.

[sblock]2 tanglefoot bags
1 potion of healing
1 potion of clarity (level 5)
260 gp[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Better than dying, but I think I need someone to do a heal check on Merri so she doesn't actually die!

I have to say, that was one fun battle!

WEContact

First Post
Also searching about the clearing, you are able to find...

The woody vines of the demonic plant still contain a residual magic that can be harvested.

[sblock=Ilex]Feyswarm Staff +1[/sblock]

[sblock=Marrgash]Staff of Sleep and Charm +1[/sblock]

The dryad was wearing enchanted hides.

[sblock=Lenyara]Sylvan Hide Armor +1[/sblock]

Beneath a rock at the base of a tree, you find a small stash of items that must have been forgotten.

[sblock]2 tanglefoot bags
1 potion of healing
1 potion of clarity (level 5)
260 gp[/sblock]
OOC: Aw, I was hoping we'd get xp and level as we went.

I'd like the potion of clarity (unless someone else really wants it) and 1 of our potions of healing.

Also, no way we're taking an extended rest yet. We have two more Hearts to get, and I'm betting on two more fights after that. We only get to take 1 extended rest, mind- I think we can make it through an easier fight first.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The pixie can be seen flying away from a rock at the base of a tree, clutching something on his hands amd emitting some chilling sounds, something like "kekekekekekekekekekeke".

Only the gods know what it took from there.

OOC: I'm taking one tanglefoot bag, and the other one if nobody objects. I'm using two surges, with Marrgash's bonus, to be at full health.

I also think we should be continue at least for an encounter. I don't recall that many dailies being used, and we're not that short on surges.

Also, do we gain an AP?

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 28/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 6/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash rushes over to Merri as soon as the swarm clears. He does his best to tend to her wound, pours a little water from his waterskin onto her lips, then cradles her head and whispers "Gods, Merri, I'm sorry. Be OK, please. Open your eyes..."

While tenderness never really seems to register on his scaled face, it can be heard in Marrgash's voice. Eventually, there's a brief flutter from Merri's eyes, and Marrgash breathes a deep sigh of relief.

Only when Merri sits up does Marrgash see to his own wounds, before looking around and discovering the staff that the dryad had. He stows it away, determined that he will learn to make use of it.

OOC:
Take 10 on a heal check to let Merri spend a second wind. I think Merri then regens to 14, then I suggest uses one of Marrgash's Majestic Words with her other surge, to return to full health.

Marrgash will use 1 Majestic Word on himself to heal for 14, leaving him down 3 hp.

I'll use them on anyone else that wants them for surge+5 healing

FourMonos

First Post
Merri's eyes flutter awake in the shadow of the large tree. A moment of uncertainty crosses her face as she takes in her surroundings, the slain twig blights and realizes what happened.

"Th- thank you Marrgash. I almost died there, didn't I? Gosh I didn't think that would actually happen..."

Safe in the shadow of the tree, Merri pulls her shirt up, exposing only her stomach. Her soft white skin is savaged by cuts, red whelps and punctures. As Marrgash watches, her wounds slowly close. The bramble scratches heal and disappear. The soft, pearly skin becomes whole. Merri tries to stand, but grimaces in pain and and sits back down.

"Marrgash?" Merri puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Can I ask something of you? Something important? I can heal from this, given enough time. That has always been the way with me. But we don't have a lot of time. What I need to ask is... personal. Can I take a little of your aura to strengthen me? It will draw upon your energy. If you're not comfortable with that, I can ask someone else."

(assuming Medina gives permission, if not I'll edit)

With Marrgash's permission, Merri gently puts her hands on the sides of his head and places her forhead to his. Not sure what to expect, Marrgash is surprised to find that it doesn't hurt. I warmth spreads through him, giving a sense of peace and comfort. After a few moments of this, she turns his head and kisses his cheek.

"Thank you, brave sir. For saving me twice."

OOC: [MENTION=6682244]Medina[/MENTION] Can Merri use one of your healing surges please? once she reaches her bloodied value through regeneration, she can use her Blood is Life class feature and regain 12 hit points from one surge. It would leave her with full hit points and 2/2 surges (she was 3/2 prior to using second wind.) Much more efficient than using surges and still be below full hp. Again, if not okay, let me know.

I agree with WEContact, we should go until we don't have an option to stop

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Not sure where all my damage went. I will try to sort it out later today and get my stat block updated. I still need to spend surges and will use Marrgashes Majestic Word's +5 to limit surges spent.

Ilex used all her dailies. She will be down to just AW and E powers. We'll have to see if she's out of surges after this combat or not.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Spending a surge to top off, 5 surges remaining. [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], wanted to get a confirm on whether or not we're going to be awarded xp after each fight or just in bulk at the end of the adventure (which I have to confess would be way less fun). :)

Caim kneels wordlessly by Marrgash as he stabilizes Merri, who regenerates completely with the help of some borrowed vitality. She stares at Merri, puzzling, and finally asks, "What is wrong with you?"

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP: 2
HP: 33/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 5/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads