• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Level 6 Skirmisher Swarm??? :.-(

@Wife Of Meepo , it's crucial that you throw a Stone Blood at that Icicle Swarm, both to slow it so it can't engage anybody and because your area attacks are one of the few ways we can damage it well. @Someone 's close burst is the other way, so you two should maybe focus fire on that thing if possible. Anybody who has fire attacks left, save them for that thing. I'll try to keep the Yeti tied up, but everyone please get away from it, I'm sure it has some way to get away from me. The dust devil is a minion, I don't think it's too dangerous.

Caim knows this moment is crucial. The enemy's mobility is overwhelming once again, and she has to find some way to keep them from coordinating their attacks, or else she and her friends would die here. Aha- the Yeti. She watches it retreat, and attack at long range- a perfect target.

Caim silently thanks the endless dexterity drills in boot camp, and then before she can overthink it, she leaps into her precarious foray through the treacherously icy cave. The wind slams her painfully into stony pillar, but she maintains focus, leaping between patches of sure footing. With a desperate surge of will she lashes out with her last leap at the Yeti. It takes the blow on its arm with relatively little harm to itself, but Caim's mind is her true weapon. Psychic power floods her, bonding her to the creature before her and carrying her to heights of clarity and focus.

[sblock=Actions]*Athletics vs Wind: FAIL, slide->P12, take 3 damage
Double Move:->I6
*Long Jumps to clear icy terrain at O12, N10, M9, L9, and J6 SUCCESS
Minor: Battlemind's Demand->Yeti
Spend AP: Steel Unity Strike MISS Yeti AC 16 for 5 damage[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]
Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Steel Unity Stance - OAs against marked enemies who move without shifting on their turn are +7 vs AC, 2d6+4 damage
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP: 2
HP: 30/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 5/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike
[/sblock]

[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step. Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Combat Challenge is triggered by a shift, for example) and she has Power Points remaining, she will spend 1 to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
A gust of wind swirls down from the ledge above catching Ilex off guard. She slides away from the rope she has just set to climb in the corner. Attempting to get back to the rope Ilex slips on the ice she finds herself upon and is quite happy no one saw her fall. She stands and moves back to the rope.

Above, Noctua moves to stand next to the Yeti and whoots/roars that odd sound of hers hoping to give Caim an edge in her fight.

[sblock=actions]Start of Turn and would be climb check Wind Check, Direction if needed, Climb Check (1d20+2=4, 1d8=6, 1d20-1=6)
Slid to M20 on Ice
Acrobatics on ice (1d20=9)
Fall Prone
Move Action: Stand
Standard Action: Move to P18
Noctua's moves (K10,J10,I9,H8,H7), [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] Grants Caim +2 PB to DMG Rolls
If someone want to heal Noctua that's ok with me but she'll only get another 3 hp back for one of Ilex's surges. But then if Ilex keeps failing her SoT End Ck she may well not be helpful this fight otherwise.

OOC: DM Can Noctual go full defensive or would that use Ilex standard action?

[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 2/12 Bloodied 6, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +0[/sblock][/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Unable to see, and flying around in hysterical circles, the deranged pixie spreads around a considerable amount of dust. It doesn't mix well with the dust devil's inner workings; it flies directly towards the cavern's ceiling and disintegrates.

[sblock=actions]
I'm unable to reach the swarm unless I expended an action point, and the dust devil could be able to shut down a good portion of us if allowed, so I thought it'd be a good idea if I dealt with it first.

Start of turn: Made save against being pushed around.
Move action: To current position
Standard action: Five storms attack technique. It targets the dust devil and suffers no penalty from blindness since it's an area attack. It hots for 10 damage plus 5 from flurry of blows, which seems to be unnecesary.
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Start of turn: Make Endurance check against bein pushed, success.
Move action: Fly to K10
Standard: Use tanglefoot bag against yeti (should have specified target in roll, sorry), but fails to hit.
Minor: Fallen needle movement technique to move to current position[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 28/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 6/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 1
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION], you need to spend a Standard action to allow Noctua to take the Full Defense action. However, Noctua uses your healing surge value, which is bigger than 3. Here are the relevant rules:

Your companion shares your healing surge total.
Whenever an effect requires your fey beast companion
to spend a healing surge, the surge is deducted
from your total. Whenever you use your second wind,
your companion also regains hit points equal to your
healing surge value. At the end of a short rest, your
fey beast companion regains all its hit points.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @Wife Of Meepo , you need to spend a Standard action to allow Noctua to take the Full Defense action. However, Noctua uses your healing surge value, which is bigger than 3. Here are the relevant rules:

Your companion shares your healing surge total.
Whenever an effect requires your fey beast companion
to spend a healing surge, the surge is deducted
from your total. Whenever you use your second wind,
your companion also regains hit points equal to your
healing surge value. At the end of a short rest, your
fey beast companion regains all its hit points.

GM: Unless there are additional rules somewhere, all it says is that your companion regains your surge value in hit points when you use your own second wind (in addition to what you normally gain). It says nothing about any OTHER power that allows Nocuta to regain hit points. So if Marrgash were to use Majestic Word on Noctua, it uses its own surge value of 3 as the base.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] please wait until I get a chance to post Merri's turn tonight as I plan on healing Lenyara which will give her +1 to hit on her turn.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I think that's exactly what the first sentence, "your companion shares your healing surge total" means?

GM: My interpretation is that "healing surge total" refers only to the number of healing surges you have. "Healing surge value" would be the number of hit points restored by a surge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads