• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

FourMonos

First Post
Despite being buffeted by the dust and ice crystals, Merri manages to maintain her balance. With her vision robbed, Merri steadies herself with the emotions of her allies around her in the cave. She stepped cautiously forward feeling both the vigor and excitement of Caim while simultaneously feeling the anger emanating from Lenyara.

Like an emotional reflex, Merri directs the emotions back to Lenyara, now stronger, to her colleagues, empowering them in their her fight.

[sblock=actions]

Start of Turn: Endurance: 1d20+6 → [8,6] = (14) Roll Lookup Passed.

Movement: Move K-10.

Minor: Ardent Surge: Lenyara Gain healing surge +1d6: 1d6 → [3] = (3) Roll Lookup. Lenyara +1 to attacks TENT (Merri).

Standard: Ire Strike (Augment 2): Caim can shift 1 (not necessary) and make a MBA against the Yeti. If the attack hits, the attack does an additional 1d8 damage and the Yeti gains vulnerable 5 all TENT (Merri). I'll let @WEContact make the roll since it's his character :) Also, you would get +2 damage from Noctua's aura. Total defense.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's Stats]Merri - Human Hybrid: Ardent / Vampire 1

Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11

AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16

HP 14/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 3/2
Vulnerability: 5 radiant

Conditions: blinded, +2 defenses TSNT

Speed 6, Initiative +3

Action Points: 1

Power Points: 2

At-Will Powers: Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Second Wind, Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge
Daily Powers: Lingering Fury

Notes:
*Allies within 5 squares get +1 to OA damage rolls and +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
*Target of Ardent Surge gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
*Merri has regeneration 4 while bloodied.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @FourMonos , you should really grant this to Lenyara instead. She can attack multiple times to trigger the vulnerability more times, and her target is in a better position to be focus-fired, and her MBA is far more accurate than mine. Also, my MBA is only +5 vs AC, 1d6+2, unless I use Eldritch Strike, an encounter power which I want to reserve for Guardian's Counter or Combat Challenge.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] , I reviewed Merri's sheet and added a comment. I think you should have a look at it.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: "If I understand correctly, you took one of the two Ardent powers as your granted racial extra at-will power. However there's a clause in PHB3 page 216 that defines augmentations, that clarifies that "When a racial trait grants you an at-will attack power of your choice and you choose an augmentable at-will attack power, the power loses both the augmentable keyword and its augmentations".

Well, crap. I don't have PHB3 and the CB doesn't account for this, so this is news for me. I will try to research this a little but unless the sentence before this states something like: 'if you are a non psychic class' then it seems pretty straightforward.

I've used Energizing Strike augmented twice already. So Ire Strike would be non-augmentable. So, I'll edit my turn as the actions appear to be not possible.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], if you make a couple more acrobatics/athletics checks you can move adjacent to Lenyara from K-12 and use Ire Strike unaugmented.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I'd have a hard time justifying that in character as she is blinded this round, so Merri will just go total defense
OOC: I'm okay with you imposing unnecessary restrictions on yourself for the sake of more enjoyable roleplay, as long as [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] understands that directing these monsters according to his own tactical prowess will not be met with comparable tactical coordination and will likely overwhelm his PCs. If you really want to use Ire Strike this round, pm me; I have some ideas about how you could roleplay doing so blind. In retrospect I realize I might sound angry, but I promise that I sincerely respect your desire to play the way you want. I just don't want to die or lose xp by having SoM reduce encounter budgets to compensate for a lack of tactics on our end.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash wheels away as the dust swirls into his eyes and desperately tries to blink the dust away. He knew his allies had headed further into the cave and had seen the dragon's attack Lenyara, he had to help, sight or no.

He held firm as the wind blew at him and prepared to leap over the ice in front of him, Without his sight, his jump is misjudged however, and he slides on the ice, just barely keeping his balance. He heads forward slowly, cautious of his footing.

He waves his wand where he thought the dragon stood, but to no avail.

[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: Grant 3thp to El Chupacabra for killing an enemy
Move: Move from M14 to M10
Standard: Vicious Mockery vs White Dragon - MISS
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Invigorated by Merri's surge of energy, Lenyara fought the pain of her injuries, trying to lash out against the dragonette. While she was able to injure the creature and knock it back to the ground, the unfamiliar cold exacerbated the pain of her own injuries...

[sblock= OOC]
>Free: spend surge, heal surge +3 Hp (+12 total)
>Start of turn: Athletics (DC 13); 1d20+7= 15 (pass); roll Roll Lookup
>Minor: switch to Aspect of Dancing Serpent
>Standard: Net MBA at Dragon; 1d20+11 vs. AC= 18 (hits for 11, halved to 5; dragon is slowed until end of next turn, and since it was already slowed, is knocked prone); rolls Roll Lookup
; (includes Dancing serpent and surge bonus);
>Free: Dual weapon attack at dragon (vs. AC, includes CA from prone, surge bonus), 1d20+14=17 (hit, for 9 halved to 4 more) ; roll Roll Lookup
>End of turn: no shift, saving throw vs. slowed/weakened, 1d20= 6 (fail); roll Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads