• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Does it bother anyone that I think that 8 INT doesn't preclude good vocabulary? I'm curious about how rigidly you guys think that ability scores should be expressed in roleplaying. Caim knows next to nothing about the history of the world or its creatures or gods or its nations or anything else that wasn't necessary to know in the Letheon military, but she has a respectable knowledge of her own craft and the technical terms related to it.

OOC: I agree with Wife of Meepo, I would say that a low intelligence might limit your adaptability to change, or be a more regimented thinker, rather than impacting ability to communicate. But however you want to play your character is fine. I plan on keeping Merri a big softy... vampire :devil:

Son of Meepo

First Post
After taking the time to rest and gather everything up, you start to head northeast following the river towards the Snowy Hills. When you get close, you spot several caverns that could be the source of the Heart of Ice. At first, you despair that it might take forever to find the right one until a sharp-eyed Lenyara points out that one of the caverns is ringed in a foot-thick layer of ice.

As you approach the cavern you can make out a dim light ahead. The rocky surface is covered in ice as a trickling flow of water freezes when it is exposed to the frigid air of the room.

One thing that Elvidra failed to mention however, was the howling wind that whistles through the cavern.

GM: You are at the cavern entrance. I won't be posting a map until you enter. However, it is worth noting that the lighting inside is dim and the wind might make unprotected flames difficult to keep lit.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=judge]
OOC: @pathfinderq1 , maybe since the Sylvan Hide was on your wishlist, you could take it and give your old +1 Magic Hide to [MENTION=6686815]Pliantreality[/MENTION]?

Just as a reminder, characters aren't allowed to permanently give their gear to each other. It's fine to do this for the duration of the adventure if the DM allows, but Nalkyr can't keep it unless it counts as part of his reward from the adventure.[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Good to know.

Caim takes a sunrod from her pack, tucks it into her belt, and snaps the seal mechanism. Light spills out of it like a beacon, and Caim enters the cave.

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash makes his way through the snowy hills at a slow plod, the cold seeping through to his bones. He pulls his cloak tight around him, trying to keep what body warmth he could, but his cold blooded nature left his body an icy chill. He used his new staff as a walking stick, unfamiliar with it's use in combat but relieved to have it to lean upon and help lend him balance through the snow.

"Next time, let's embark on a quest of relaxing on a sunny beach and watching the waves roll on to the shore," he muttered, "I am ill suited to this chill."

He's quick to follow Caim into the cave, keen to be out of the cold wind.

Remove ads