Wizards of the Coast/Kenzer & Company License Agreements Expiring

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Sorry to get a little testy up there. It's just that I like HM, parody/satire and all, and I feel that Aldrazar, or Garweeze Wurld, helps anchor the game in its origins, and helps with the immersion into the whole mind set of HM. Using Kalamar, a setting already established and noted for its consistency and relatively low power (as compared to, say, the Forgotten Realms), as the default setting for HM just doesn't seem like a good fit, to me. But, as a GM, I can do whatever I want. I have the Aldrazar pdfs, and can easily ignore Kalamar if I wish - I've just never really been a fan of Kalamar.

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
No problem - everyone likes different things. If think you'll change your mind when you see the new products, but if you decide to stick with Garweeze Wurld, that's okay too. :)

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Falstaff said:
Question:

With Kalamar becoming the default setting for HackMaster, when will we see the Knights of the Dinner Table switching their campaigns to Kalamar from Garweeze Wurld?

Very unlikely. They'll be sticking with Garweeze Wurld.

Although you may see an occasional special strip where they are roaming about KOK -- which they've already done a few times over the years. There were some KODT strips included in several pre-3E KOK adventures for example.

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:
Sorry to get a little testy up there. It's just that I like HM, parody/satire and all, and I feel that Aldrazar, or Garweeze Wurld, helps anchor the game in its origins, and helps with the immersion into the whole mind set of HM. Using Kalamar, a setting already established and noted for its consistency and relatively low power (as compared to, say, the Forgotten Realms), as the default setting for HM just doesn't seem like a good fit, to me. But, as a GM, I can do whatever I want. I have the Aldrazar pdfs, and can easily ignore Kalamar if I wish - I've just never really been a fan of Kalamar.

Exactly. You'll be able to use HM5E with any setting you prefer. Just like AD&D came in many flavors (setting wise) I expect HM5E will be no different.

All we're really doing is devoting our full attention (officially) to one setting.
Our feeling is we can do ONE setting and kick ass.
Or try to support TWO settings and have both suffer.

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
That's a softcover from 1994-95. The typical rules tagline on the early products was "suitable for use with any role-playing system, including, but not limited to, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons."

Last edited:

Remove ads