Wizards R&D Seminar at GenCon 2007

ashockney

First Post
Talgian said:
Is this right? I thought all the other information, like the videos and the stuff at Wizards indicates that Collins, Cordell, and Heinsoo are the leads, and Mearls is under them.

I sat next to Chris T in the back, and he leaned over my shoulder and confirmed that the lead developers were Collins, Cordell and Heinsoo. I know where Michael was coming from with this line, because sitting in the audience, it certainly seemed like Mike M had a lot to say on most of the questions from Q&A. He's obviously been very involved in the development.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
ashockney said:
I believe that Organized Play will be tied directly to characters that are built and updated online through the DI, and that Living campaigns will be much more easily "portable" that way. I also have a feeling they will expand the "LIVING" format to include more organized play, and possibly push the organized play right into the living rooms (not just gaming stores) of 4e D&D players.
But you can play Living Greyhawk at home right now. You can play it online with friends from all over the place.

And online organization of character rewards, to me as a player, is an utter failure in the D&D Campaigns like Xendrik Expeditions and Mark of Heroes. That kind of character herding cannot work for a living campaign. What am I to do when the network is down, or the servers are getting maintenance?

Remove ads