• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Wizards to run 4e Demos before June

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
A couple things to note.

Delegates are volunteers and not WOTC staff so we take what we get in terms of coverage. If no one wants to run demos in Mass but we have 3 that want to run them in LA, well that is what we get. We also don't dictate what stores they go to

We don't have delegates in other countries but other locales may do similar events. For example I have not spoken with Charles Ryan so I don't know what is planned in the UK.

In late April or Early may we will be mailing thousands of copies of H1: Keep on the Shadowfell to Game stores in North America (about 3,000 locales), Asia Pacific, and Europe. These will be store copies for shops to start running demos of 4e using the quick start rule sand pregen characters with the module.

Last edited:

Daelkyr

First Post
Scott, how does one become a Delegate? I ask because I live one hour from Las Vegas and one hour from St. George, UT and the closest 4e demos are in California or Northern Utah. Being a Master level GM for the RPGA, I'd love to run these adventures for groups in this large geographic area and I'm willing to sign whatever NDA you would like. I just have great hopes for the system and would love to get people hungry for the release.

- Josh

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Delegates are volunteers and not WOTC staff so we take what we get in terms of coverage.
I'd volunteer to be a delegate. ;) There's a nice game store in my hometown (Bangor, ME), although you'd probably get more people in the Portland, ME area.

Dizlag

Explorer
I'm in Elk River, MN ... so it's halfway to Canada anyways for me. =)

I'm also surprised not to see the Source on that list. I met Mike Mearls at the Source late last year when he was here, so that was kewl. What's very nice is Village Games is only 15 minutes from my house. I'll try to make it there to at least one of the demos.

I will more than likely run The Raiders of Oakhurst tonight for my group. So, we'll see how that goes. I'll have to make sure I've got the updated version of the adventure.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the demos and June 6th just can't get here quick enough. :D

And good luck to all going to the demos!

Dizlag

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Daelkyr said:
Scott, how does one become a Delegate? I ask because I live one hour from Las Vegas and one hour from St. George, UT and the closest 4e demos are in California or Northern Utah. Being a Master level GM for the RPGA, I'd love to run these adventures for groups in this large geographic area and I'm willing to sign whatever NDA you would like. I just have great hopes for the system and would love to get people hungry for the release.

- Josh

Info on program and email to apply here: Delegate page

fnwc

Explorer
Dang... what's with running all the Sacramento demos on days like Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon?

Don't people have jobs? :\

withak

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
In late April or Early may we will be mailing thousands of copies of H1: Keep on the Shadowfell to Game stores in North America
!

Does this mean that the release date for KotS has been pushed forward from May 20 (or that Amazon has it wrong in the first place)?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Kid Charlemagne said:
Thalmin - is Games Plus going to participate?
Yes. I have been in contact with WotC. We are setting it up, but I don' yet know when. It will get posted both on our site as well as on the WotC site when we work it all out. Give us a few days to hammer out the details.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads