Wizards: We want Class Power decks

Dragonblade

Adventurer
The more I think about it, the more I suspect that WotC plans to release a deck of cards. They probably kept it secret for fear the community would go nuts thinking that they were turning D&D into a CCG.

Meowzebub

First Post
No need for randomized or collector arguments. For Book of Nine Swords, WOTC produced an on-line downloadable PDF of all of the Books maneuvers and stances in card format. Very high quality appearance, all the mechanics right there, and it was for free. Very classy and very appreciated. No need to jump to conclusions, there is a good precedent.

Here is the link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a

Last edited:

MaelStorm

First Post
Meowzebub said:
No need for randomized or collector arguments. For Book of Nine Swords, WOTC produced an on-line downloadable PDF of all of the Books maneuvers and stances in card format. Very high quality appearance, all the mechanics right there, and it was for free. Very classy and very appreciated. No need to jump to conclusions, there is a good precedent.

That is too easy for them, and not very helpful if you have to buy a printer, paper, and color cartridge. It's a lot of job. And in paper form it is non durable. We want the real stuff, I'll pay for it, but not PDF only, please!

Last edited:

TwinBahamut said:
Well, WotC already made a full set of cards for the Bo9S Maneuvers as a PDF on their website, so I imagine that they will do at least that for the new Powers.
Ohh, didn't know that. Any chance of a bit of linkage, please?
Edit: found it. Shouldn't have looked for web enhancements on DnDI but on the WotC old site. What a mess!

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
MaelStorm said:
That is too easy for them, and not very helpful if you have to buy a printer, paper, and color cartridge. It's a lot of job. And in paper form it is non durable. We want the real stuff, I'll pay for it, but not PDF only, please!

Buy card-stock tis quite nice for such things. I would prefer printing out free ones on card stock over buying.

Perhaps they could also, through the online book versions have selectable monsters. So if the PDFs are really good and interactive you could select the monster stat box with all its stats and abilities/powers and it will come up separately to be printed out on its own. That way you could have all your monsters nicely sorted together, and can simply pull out the monster card when it is needed.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Fallen Seraph said:
Perhaps they could also, through the online book versions have selectable monsters. So if the PDFs are really good and interactive you could select the monster stat box with all its stats and abilities/powers and it will come up separately to be printed out on its own. That way you could have all your monsters nicely sorted together, and can simply pull out the monster card when it is needed.
If functions like this are in the DDI, I'll really like the DDI.

If you provide customizable .pdfs for that, including "personal print permission" for Kinko's and Co., I'll get a DDI ASAP.

Cheers, LT.

MaelStorm

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
Buy card-stock tis quite nice for such things. I would prefer printing out free ones on card stock over buying.

Hmmm, very convincing. It's work, but as they say: no pain, no gain. Ok, I'm sold.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Yes, but if you got them nice and orderly it can make things a lot easier. I picture it like, you got your campaign written out, and each encounter you have the cards there in a little slip-case that you can then take out put on the table behind your DM screen and put back when done.

That is a ton easier then having to scrounge through your books looking for the monster, especially helpful when you don't have the best memory.

Remove ads