• Wizards

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • WotC

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • Janet -- Ms. Jackson if you're nasty

Votes: 20 11.5%

Wombat

First Post
I always have said "Wizards", or "Wizards of the Coast" on formal occassions.

I'm kinda surprised over the other pronounciations, but hey!, go with it :lol:

Ferret

Explorer
I spell it WotC but I never talk about them with my friends (all none/semi gamers). I supose I would call them Wizards though.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Davelozzi said:
I voted for Janet, but what I really mean is "Wizards" when speaking, "WotC" when typing. No Nazi connotations implied.

I do almost exactly the same. WotC when typing always. When talking, I usually refer to Wizards unless I'm talking abotu a legal/business move in which case it's Whot-see.

Cheers,
=Blue

Trickstergod

First Post
People actually speak, out-loud, the acronym WotC as a word? Even saying the initials alone seems peculiar to me; I type WotC regularly enough, but never say it outloud. I'll generally say Wizards if I'm speaking, or Wizards of the Coast possibly.

ivocaliban

First Post
I've never heard or was even aware that anyone was actually pronouncing WotC as a word unto itself. It seems about as sensible as pronouncing USA as Oo-say or Uh-sah. It's Wizards of the Coast or simply Wizards, if I'm in a hurry.

diaglo

Adventurer
ivocaliban said:
I've never heard or was even aware that anyone was actually pronouncing WotC as a word unto itself. It seems about as sensible as pronouncing USA as Oo-say or Uh-sah. It's Wizards of the Coast or simply Wizards, if I'm in a hurry.

go to a convention.

What-see. is as common as drow or drow.

Samothdm

First Post
Back in 2000-2001 when I worked on their advertising, my client in the Wizards of the Coast marketing department pronounced it "WOT-see". I actually did think it was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek rhyme with "Nazi".

Remove ads