• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Wizkids new Dragon preview.

StarFyre

Explorer
Is it this?

TIAMAT.jpg

dave2008

Legend
Would you be able or willing to attach pics of just the tail change you did, blue head, and jaw of red cause it seems you are doing much larger work than I am planning.
Sure, However, the red head is in pieces now and I hadn't started an modeling on it yet so there is not much to see on that one.

I don't think this is the other tiamat as you believe the one you saw was on rocks. It's not this one right? This is quite a bit smaller hehe. That pic is from the person that sold me a Tony McVey original gojirasaurus. (Tony's depiction of Godzilla if it was a real world dinosaur -- 32 inches long.. Tony McVey is a Hollywood artist that did alien designs for Jabba's palace in return of the Jedi, among many other films and is currently an artist for Disney+ The mandalorian). Probably one of the hardest garage kits to find. That seller collects all sorts of Hollywood and other interesting models.
Sorry that isn't it. Very cool though. I had seen the McVey gojirasaurus before, but I didn't realize it was 32" long, very cool - I'm a bit jealous ;)
I want to see that tiamat you saw. Now it will bother me... Thanks. Thanks a lot :p

Sanjay
Me too. I hadn't though about it in a while and now it is driving my a bit crazy. I remember it was on the artist's website and I believe he has a Hispanic name, but I could be wrong about that.

StarFyre

Explorer
Yes, that was it! Though it doesn't look quite as large as I remember (hard to tell in the photo though). Thank you!

Do you know the name of the artist?

Ya : Blogger: User Profile: Rodolfo Luiz Sculptor

Rodolfo Luiz. Brazilian sculptor

There are more pics at his blogspot. He look is nice but the. Closer up details I don't think are as good. That said he has a custom red dragon he did there as well that looks nice. I wonder what charges are like. And a silver that he did...

Sanjay

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Yes, that was it! Though it doesn't look quite as large as I remember (hard to tell in the photo though). Thank you!
Ya : Blogger: User Profile: Rodolfo Luiz Sculptor

Rodolfo Luiz. Brazilian sculptor

There are more pics at his blogspot. He look is nice but the. Closer up details I don't think are as good. That said he has a custom red dragon he did there as well that looks nice. I wonder what charges are like. And a silver that he did...

Sanjay
Yes, my memory made it a little more glorious than it was! I will try to get those images posted in the next 24 hrs or so.

StarFyre

Explorer
i believe he was going for something like this but putting the red as the central head.

5876d942f4737daa1763b9ce3e227040.jpg

What is interesting about this art that i just noticed, it makes no sense. The arms on either side of the red head/neck, like its a red dragon and the other necks/heads are just added behind it. but how/where? are the sticking out of the side? is there a bulge for the torso? the pics right arm coming from the side of the red instead of on the far side, really makes that art make no sense.

The one we have by Hector may have been based (head placement) on this:

1024.jpg

notice how the white and black heads just kinda stick out from the lower sides.

at least its not like this one, where the necks seem to be in a line
latest

Now , THANKS TO YOU!!! im thinking if i would want to reposition the heads in such a way , closer to this other pic from Rodolfo. i think the model would need about an inch extra width at the front and an inch length added. not a fun cut job to do. Im not affraid of cutting up resin models but this one is so expensive, wife would kill me if i needed to replace it hehe.

the necks for white and black would need to be rebuilt so not curve into the sides and come from the top, and the other 2 heads need to be added behind. Maybe bring the red dragon head in front, but then need to reposition the front legs. sigh. i blame all this on you...

May be safer to try and make a mold and copy the main body, so i can screw that one up and see how it looks... hmmm. thats a lot of rubber to make the mold though :(

Sanjay

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
i believe he was going for something like this but putting the red as the central head.

5876d942f4737daa1763b9ce3e227040.jpg

What is interesting about this art that i just noticed, it makes no sense. The arms on either side of the red head/neck, like its a red dragon and the other necks/heads are just added behind it. but how/where? are the sticking out of the side? is there a bulge for the torso? the pics right arm coming from the side of the red instead of on the far side, really makes that art make no sense.

The one we have by Hector may have been based (head placement) on this:

1024.jpg

notice how the white and black heads just kinda stick out from the lower sides.

at least its not like this one, where the necks seem to be in a line
latest

Now , THANKS TO YOU!!! im thinking if i would want to reposition the heads in such a way , closer to this other pic from Rodolfo. i think the model would need about an inch extra width at the front and an inch length added. not a fun cut job to do. Im not affraid of cutting up resin models but this one is so expensive, wife would kill me if i needed to replace it hehe.

the necks for white and black would need to be rebuilt so not curve into the sides and come from the top, and the other 2 heads need to be added behind. Maybe bring the red dragon head in front, but then need to reposition the front legs. sigh. i blame all this on you...

May be safer to try and make a mold and copy the main body, so i can screw that one up and see how it looks... hmmm. thats a lot of rubber to make the mold though :(

Sanjay
Yes, there is some strange Tiamat art. Some artist just don't know what to do with all of the necks. So to get you worked up! Personally I am fine with the arrangement of the necks as is. Never really thought about changing that myself.

pukunui

Legend
The latest issue of Dragon+ indicates that the gargantuan white they previewed is none other than Arveiaturace herself!

I note that the prototype doesn't have a dead wizard stuck in a saddle on her back, which is a little disappointing, but I suppose they want to make the figure double as a generic gargantuan white dragon as well.
Looks like the final product does come with a removable wizard corpse in saddle!

Remove ads