• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoD ICG TMP? The heck you say!

Dontella

First Post
Someone has to play the Hunter? And I do like being the devil's advocate.

As a random but slightly still on topic.

I know back when we were on UH, there was a plan sketched for a WoD specific room, with Thar doing the building blocks behind it. Was that going to be transferred across here to ENWorld, when it gets finished up?

Magi_Brigid

First Post
Magi_Siani said:
Gabe will answer this one more fully, but as I understand it the WoD rooms are to remain on UH, at least for the time being.

Siani

That's also as I understood it. That being said, we've always had supernaturals in TMP, but downplayed and kept very hush-hush. I'll willfully admit that I've played a couple of them myself.

Expedite

First Post
So...are World of Darkness ("ish") IC groups allowed on Enworld? Or would we be regulated to UH to play them? The fact that they would be hush-hush goes practically without saying, as I think all of the supernatural sets (Mages, Weres and Vampies) generally go out of their way to keep their existance quiet.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Playing them here on EnWorld would depend largely on the TMP Setting Coordinator and I think this has been more or less answered by the discretion comment for the moment, basically keeping them quietly hidden; downplayed. Shannen, the one I've taken in there, is a Garou/Forsaken character..although you'd never know it to see her; there's never any overt indication and never will be.

Trelian could speak for Sigil. They would be inappropriate for the Tavern in any case and I suspect for the Rotunda as well although that would be up to Nash. We give the Setting Coordinators majority say over their settings in general.

Siani

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Expedite said:
So...are World of Darkness ("ish") IC groups allowed on Enworld? Or would we be regulated to UH to play them? The fact that they would be hush-hush goes practically without saying, as I think all of the supernatural sets (Mages, Weres and Vampies) generally go out of their way to keep their existance quiet.

You can play WoD characters on EN World, I know I do and have ever since we opened up TMP. The main reason I've been working on, when time allows, a WoD room for UH is that World of Darkness roleplay frequently becomes nastier than the CoC allows. It's a harsh game designed for adults.

That said, if you are willing to keep all roleplaying within the CoC and the setting rules, you are free to run World of Darkness characters, groups, conspiracies and plots in TMP all you wish.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
WoD-type characters and groups are fine on Sigil. I say "type" because I'm not familiar enough with WoD to know how modern it plays, and Sigil is more of a fantasy-type setting. But it's also the completely free setting too, of course, so modern is okay there. Just don't be surprised if other chars treat your science as magic.

Gabe's point about the CoC brings up something that should be stated explicitly. The ISRP Code of Conduct and its related Magi enforcement applies to ISRP only. ISRP is based on EN World. Gabe allows us to temporarily use the Unlikely Heroes chat for ISRP when EN World is down but the ISRP CoC applies on UH only during those times. At all other times, it's Gabe's site and whatever he says goes without any argument from the rest of us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads