World at war IC

Mallak

First Post
Rossarrell considers offering her services as a cook, then decides against it. She doesn't really want to get stuck with that job for the rest of the mission. And it's not like she's all that great a cook, anyway; she only took the lessons because father seemed to think that cooking was a necessary skill for a woman. Even doing her best to not pay attention, Rossarrell still managed to be better at it than her sister Carrella, that overstuffed cow. Rossarrell smiles as she recalls a particularly memorable afternoon pastry class. At least she learned one thing from Carrella: chocolate cakes can explode.

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb looks oddly expectantly at the Halflings but says nothing as she continues to play her song.

OOC: I hope that adds a little bit to the atmosphere.

Jaceth notes the underwhelming enthusiasm for becoming cook among the others and sighs under his breath as he stirs the fire and starts propping up steaks on stakes over the coals.

Ferrix

Explorer
Barak sits back, "so, what's the plan again?" It's slightly obvious that he is used to a boot-stomping military run and that covert operations were never his forte.

Bront

The man with the probe
Moonstone Spider said:
Jaceth notes the underwhelming enthusiasm for becoming cook among the others and sighs under his breath as he stirs the fire and starts propping up steaks on stakes over the coals.
"I can help you if you wish Jaceth, though I'm sure you'll do a fine job."

Orb's tune shifts just a little bit, and Jaceth feels a little more confident about her cooking.

OOC: Inspire Compitence, Cooking (whatever skill that is), +3 on a skill check :)

ASuperHero

First Post
Flexing his fingers and muttering somthing, a complacated Chess board appears infront of Rik, with the Lady Kaftan as the "King", Barak as the "Queen", Illyes as the Bishops, Jaceth mounted on Asirra as the Knights, Grim as the Rooks, and the Twins as the Pawns. One side is decked out in Black and White, while the other is dressed in Purple and gold.

Rik looks up and smiles apolgeticly, "Sorry, I feel the need to practice a little. Anyone up for a game?"

OOC-Major Image, DC 18

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Sorry, Jaceth, cooking isn't really my thing. I know a little bit about roughing it, but I dont' think I'd be of much help."

When Rik makes his chess set, Rickol's eyes widen, "Wow, that's me!" He points at the set. "Ross, you gotta see this. There's eight of each of us!"

Mallak

First Post
Rossarrell looks over the chess set. "Oo, neat! But I think one of Rickol is enough!" she says with a grin and a sniggle. "Look, there's Grim and Jaceth and Assira and Illyes and Barak and Orb!" She points to each piece in turn. "But where are you, Rik?"

As the meat begins to roast, she wanders over to watch Jaceth. "Mmm, that looks good. What are you going to season it with?"

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Mallak said:
Rossarrell looks over the chess set. "Oo, neat! But I think one of Rickol is enough!" she says with a grin and a sniggle. "Look, there's Grim and Jaceth and Assira and Illyes and Barak and Orb!" She points to each piece in turn. "But where are you, Rik?"
"Oh, posh. You're lucky they're not all me." He gives a wink to his sister. "See, we're the only piece that has a chance to upgrade ourselves.

"Whereas the other pieces have nothing to look forward to, the pawns are the backbone of any good chess game, and when they reach the eight rank, they reap the greatest rewards."
He looks at the shoulder of one of his pieces, "Oh, and there's a little Icarus there too!" A bird calls from somewhere in the trees.

Remove ads