• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World Cup Hockey!!!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Yep. What a final play by Lecavalier. That's where hard work and keeping your head up gets you, kids.

Oh, and incredible luck, too.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It's Kurri vs Gretzky, round two. Well in a way anyway. When they met on the ice we took the bronze. Now they are in management. ;)

I just hope the final will be the greatest match of the tournament.

devilbat

First Post
Last night's game had me worried.

Canada did not come out of the gate strong, and were completely outplayed by the czechs in the first and third periods.

IMO Luongo played great in OT, but that's about it. No matter what Harry Neale was spouting, I though he looked nervous and unsure. I've seen him play many times, and that was far from his best.

Now come the Finns. A high flying team, lead by one of the hardest workers of the tourney, Saku Koivu. Not as sound deffensively as the Czechs, but they have a brick wall tending the twine named Kipprusof.

Hopefully the Canadians bring their "EH" game.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Teflon Billy said:
LOL :)

And in other news, Canada makes it past the Czechs despite being outplayed virtually the entire time, and missing Bordeur in Goal (Luongo, it seems, is the real deal).

I guess, as Clint Eastwood put it: "Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it".

Nice effort Czech Republic. That was one hell of a nail-biter for us.

You said it TB! I watched that game from start to finish and our boys seemed to be asleep for half the game. If it hadn't been for Luongo, Canada wouldn't had a prayer.

They better be ready for the Finns on Tuesday or it isn't going to be pretty.

KF72

Darth Shoju

First Post
Unfortuneately I was at a wedding on Saturday and didn't get to see the game. But, this being Canada, the wedding chappel staff were giving us updates. The MC actually paused the speeches to announce Canada had won.

:D

I am a little worried about Finland. Kipper can play so damn well. Luongo is good, but I want Brodeur back. :uhoh:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Darth Shoju said:
...I am a little worried about Finland. Kipper can play so damn well. Luongo is good, but I want Brodeur back. :uhoh:

Roger that. Luongo did fine in net, but I want Brodeur back as well. He's the only thing we've got that is comparable to Kiprusoff.

Iuz

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Roger that. Luongo did fine in net, but I want Brodeur back as well. He's the only thing we've got that is comparable to Kiprusoff.

I haven't heard, is this even a possibility?

Remove ads