• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Low'verok

outlands

First Post
Noddy rolls his eyes and puts his head down in his hands.

"Oi, and it would have been such a lovely party. 'Ere, let me sit and write him a wee bit of a note."

"My good Sir,

"Last night, we were attacked in our lodgings by an unknown assailant as we made ready for bed. My companions and I are as yet unsure as to the reason behind this assault and are taking what precautions we may. Because of this, we have decided it is not safe for your daughter nor birthday guests for any of our number to be in their vicinity. I do humbly tender my regrets in this matter as a birthing-day celebration should be full of merriment, however for that very reason I cannot allow my presence to endanger anyone in your household. Once we see this matter to its conclusion, I pray I shall be able to make up for this dreadful necessity.

--Noddy"

Noddy gives this letter to his "apprentice juggler" for delivery, should it meet with approval from companions.

OOC: I'll be out of town this week (and have been having the devil's own time posting this *past* week!). Noddy goes into "high alert," listening and watching everywhere to prevent another unwelcome surprise. He loads his travelling gear so that his weapons are all at the ready. SOP for his combat is to recon the area during an attack to be sure they aren't being flanked *then* engage at range if possible for as long as possible, tumbling to flank into melee if needed. If not, he runs around the flanks of the combat area, looking for hidden opponents.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Noddy, you give your note to Pelo, and he dashes off. Your message safely delivered, you return to join the rest of the group in the common room as they either come down from upstairs or return from various errands.*

*Hisk comes down with Elexia, looking somewhat frightened. But eventually you all gather. Gaoi says the party can pick up the herbs at any time, and that you can get a map there to travel to Gajin.*

*You can buy any basic supplies at Imray's All Things store for the PHB listed price. Healer Jarla will also sell you tins of insect-repelling salve for 2gp each. Each tin holds six applications, which last for 12 hours each.*

*You load the herbs on Damien's cart, and head out into the swamp, the smell you noticed coming into town growing more and more prevalent with each step.*

[OOC: Can I get a general marching order and who will be on what watch? Also, while traveling, does anyone want to do something special?]

Starman

Adventurer
Syrrian will purchase fourteen days of trail rations and two tins of insect repellant.

He will volunteer to bring up the rear on the march. He will also suggest that watches rotate so that no one gets stuck on middle watch all the time.

Edit: Fixed rules gaffe

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Starman said:
Syrrian will purchase fourteen days of trail rations and two tins of insect repellant.

He will volunteer to bring up the rear on the march. He will also suggest that since he and Elexia only need four hours of "sleep" a night, they could split the night between the two of them and everyone else can rest.

Elexia will purchase 2 weeks worth of rations and insect repellant as well. she will also buy mosquitto netting for thier tents if there is not already that feature on them.
She will also buy Hisk a weapon of his choice and any gear he may ask for (within reason)
*She will ask him for help buying items that will be needed for survival. If he says they will need something the group has forgotten then it will be purchased. (within the limits of finances.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Argent Silvermage said:
Elexia will purchase 2 weeks worth of rations and insect repellant as well. she will also buy mosquitto netting for thier tents if there is not already that feature on them.
She will also buy Hisk a weapon of his choice and any gear he may ask for (within reason)
*She will ask him for help buying items that will be needed for survival. If he says they will need something the group has forgotten then it will be purchased. (within the limits of finances.)
*Hisk asks for a spear (shortspear), and nods approvingly at the mosquito netting. He mentions that rope will be important if someone falls in some quicksand or a bog. He also mentions that the lizardfolk sometimes throw certain dried herbs on the fire to get rid of insects. Brak Jarla can offer you something similar for 1 sp a bundle.*

*While Hisk is very nervous about traveling into the swamp, he still sits by your side in the wagon, eyes darting about nervously.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As you roll deeper into the swamp in the early afternoon, the smell finally stops growing worse... or perhaps your noses are becoming numb. Hisk seems torn between enjoying the swamp atmosphere and being nervously afraid. However, as the day goes on, he seems to be wincing, and as night starts to fall, he's clenching his jaw tightly with every bump of the cart.*

*You must stop for the night, at a place marked on the map. There is a relatively dry and firm road through the swamp, as well as some bits of dry land used for campsites. Finding firewood is a trial, and those searching will get muddy (and if not using insect repellant, bitten, except for Gaoi, who seems to have a small tornado of insects whipping around him).*

*If asked about his seeming discomfort, Hisk will reply, "It isss the curssse that keepsss me from the ssswamp. It alwaysss comesss in pain and nightmaresss, but it ssseemsss lessss than it wasss before. Your presence mussst be helping." He will also offer to take the middle watch.*

*[OOC: Semi-arbitrarily assigning watches, hopefully to not interfere with any spellcaster's sleep/rest/meditation schedule.] Eleixia and Syrrian have the first watch, Rokelsh, Noddy, and Hisk have the second, and Gaoi and Damien have the third. During the wee hours of the morning (during third watch) both the wizard and the priest hear something splashing off to the side of the camp. Thusly they are not surpised as a strange creature runs into camp and tries to swipe at Damien's legs, missing terribly.*

*It is very small, knee high to Damien's knee, and seems to be a very slimy, somewhat humanoid-shaped plant, with a bunch of green leaves where the head should be. However, it is obviously quite aggresive. Gaoi is startled as another one that neither had heard tries to swipe at him, also missing. Gaoi recognizes the creature as
a mandragora, a mobile carnivorous plant with a fondness for humanoid, and particularly human flesh. They can burrow very quickly, and their slimy covering protects them from all but the hottest fires.

[OOC: Terrible attack rolls for the monsters! A 2 and a 5... :mad: Ok, and only Gaoi can highlight the words after "Gaoi recognizes the creature as...". I'm using the spoiler tags, and Gaoi is the only one awake with Knowledge (monsters) who made his roll. If you don't have it, you only know what Gaoi tells you.]

G

Guest 11456

As Gaoi attacks with his dagger, he speaks to Damien. "Mandragoras! I've got this one. Can you get the other?" (He is attacking the one that attacked him)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thels

First Post
OOC: You might want to tell us not to hightlight, before the highlight itself. I was about to highlight it when I read the text below.

OOC2: If searching for firewood is a trial, then we're not gonna. We brought our own :)

"I guess so," Damien replies as he swings his mace at the creature. "You ever seen these creatures?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Damien's mace smashes one to slimy goo, but Gaoi's dagger misses terribly. The remaining silmey plant monster swipes at Gaoi twice, but misses both times, though once only barely*

*Rokelsh, you wake up, hearing the sounds of combat. The rest sleep on, oblivious.*

[OOC: Rolled a 13 for Damien, +5 equals 18, then full damage 8+1 and you smashed it to pudding. Sorry Gaoi, rolled a one. The monsters rolled a 9 and 11, and their attacks weren't enough to hit you Gaoi. The only one to hear the commotion of battle was Rokelsh, the rest of y'all rolled not so well, but he rolled an 18.]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Ray Silver said:
*Damien's mace smashes one to slimy goo, but Gaoi's dagger misses terribly. The remaining silmey plant monster swipes at Gaoi twice, but misses both times, though once only barely*

*Rokelsh, you wake up, hearing the sounds of combat. The rest sleep on, oblivious.*

[OOC: Rolled a 13 for Damien, +5 equals 18, then full damage 8+1 and you smashed it to pudding. Sorry Gaoi, rolled a one. The monsters rolled a 9 and 11, and their attacks weren't enough to hit you Gaoi. The only one to hear the commotion of battle was Rokelsh, the rest of y'all rolled not so well, but he rolled an 18.]

"WHAT IN THE 9 HELLS IS THAT?!?!?" Rokelsh shouts out, jumping up and grabbing his sword to charge at the beastie. "Are there Any more?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads