• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Warcraft expansion announced.

Krug said:
Hmm oh well reaching level 50 as a Tauren Shaman on Argent Dawn. Not sure if I'll keep my account too long after reaching 60. The game has spots of being fun and sometimes quite a bit of a grind. What kill Harpies and trolls... AGAIN?

I found the game bogged down for me a lot at 45-55, but since reaching 60 I've had a lot more fun. I don't have to worry about XP, and even quests need another purpose. I get invited to a lot more groups, and get to raid now and then.

I've been playing my alts on the same server as my level 60, but logged into the channel lfgww (looking for group worldwide - type /join lfgww), and if I see something that interests my level 60 I will log him in.

So, all in all I've found the game has picked up in interest for me a lot since reaching 60 - I'm just starting to see how many big instances there are, and how they link to each other.

Duncan

kotik2 said:
The aim is to have the fee based character transfers available before the expansion as well.

Any idea how much this is likely to cost?

As an Australian I have a real hard time finding groups on weekday evenings, due to the time zones. Now I've heard they are finally doing Oceania servers, it would be nice to transfer my characters (or some of them) there, so that I can group!

Duncan

Aeric

Explorer
Krug said:
Hmm oh well reaching level 50 as a Tauren Shaman on Argent Dawn. Not sure if I'll keep my account too long after reaching 60. The game has spots of being fun and sometimes quite a bit of a grind. What kill Harpies and trolls... AGAIN?

I play Horde-side on AD too, although not so much since I reached 60. It's true what they say about WoW becoming a different kind of game after hitting 60. Since you don't have to worry about XP anymore, quests start becoming less important unless they give nice reward items. It's all about the big dungeon raids and PvP at that point. Me, I found the big dungeon raids exceedingly boring (as a mage, I just sat in the back and kept hitting the Arcane Missile key over and over again), and my computer's memory can't handle the big PvP battles. I haven't tried AV yet, but I suspect it would cause lagdeath.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Aeric said:
I play Horde-side on AD too, although not so much since I reached 60. It's true what they say about WoW becoming a different kind of game after hitting 60. Since you don't have to worry about XP anymore, quests start becoming less important unless they give nice reward items. It's all about the big dungeon raids and PvP at that point. Me, I found the big dungeon raids exceedingly boring (as a mage, I just sat in the back and kept hitting the Arcane Missile key over and over again), and my computer's memory can't handle the big PvP battles. I haven't tried AV yet, but I suspect it would cause lagdeath.
For me, almost the exact opposite has happened. I've been a fan of World of Warcraft since the day it came out (even longer, actually, since I took part in the beta test), and I've loved bringing my orc Shaman from level 1 to level 60.

Ever since hitting level 60, though, I'm now more addicted to the game then ever. I love raiding and playing PvP battlegrounds. Last Friday I had the day off from work and school. I spent six hours in Alterac Valley and wasn't bored for a second. Saturday I spent several hours in Zul'Gurub, and Sunday it was Molten Core. I usually get bored with games the more I play them, but with World of Warcraft it seems I'm enjoying it more now than I ever did.

Pants

First Post
KenM said:
I hope its at least a few months until the expansion. Give me time to get some of my characters up. My problem is I grow bored of running the same character. I have 2 characters like level 15, one level 22. I need to buckle down to get to high level. I play on Icecrown.
You're quiting when you start to get to the good parts. ;)
Trudging through those first 20 levels can be a pain, but they go fast and once you hit 20, the game starts getting more and more fun. :)

Dark Jezter said:
For me, almost the exact opposite has happened. I've been a fan of World of Warcraft since the day it came out (even longer, actually, since I took part in the beta test), and I've loved bringing my orc Shaman from level 1 to level 60.

Ever since hitting level 60, though, I'm now more addicted to the game then ever. I love raiding and playing PvP battlegrounds. Last Friday I had the day off from work and school. I spent six hours in Alterac Valley and wasn't bored for a second. Saturday I spent several hours in Zul'Gurub, and Sunday it was Molten Core. I usually get bored with games the more I play them, but with World of Warcraft it seems I'm enjoying it more now than I ever did.
I agree. Initially, once I hit 60, I got really, really bored and I took a month off. Instance grinding didn't sound very fun and PvP and BG (and MC) were out of the question due to my lackluster Internet connection (I'm one of those poor sods without High-Speed and my fastest connection maxes out at 28.8), but after a while I got back into it again. It's all about having goals. My 60 Warlock has two primary goals right now 1) Get his Epic Mount and 2) Get all his Dreadmist regalia.

I also spend time playing my three alternate characters, so it never gets really old. If I'm bored with my warlock, I can play my druid, my warrior, or my mage. Keeps things interesting. :)

On the subject of Blood Elves:
They fit as Horde members better than as Alliance members. Hell, the Forsaken are Horde and not even their allies like them that much. The Blood Elves would be received even worse by the Alliance than the Horde.

On other stuff:
I'd like to see a few more mid-level instances put in the game, though I can understand why they haven't done so.

I'm hoping they finally put an AH in Darnassus or SW for the Alliance and the Undercity or Thunder Bluff for the Horde. Darnassus and the Undercity preferrably. There's almost no reason to go to Darnassus right now, the place is dead and IF is just a horrible place to go during peak hours. Undercity is well away from Ogrimmar so it'd only be fair to the undead to have it there as opposed to Thunder Bluff which is pretty close to Ogrimmar.

Last edited:

What really got me addicted to the game, moreso than ANY content, is my guild. I must have lucked out, because I joined a DAMN good guild with some really great people in it. And then, somehow, I ended up being an Officer in the guild, so now I've actually got a stake in keeping the people together.

For me, the BGs and Raids are fun...but I love running low-level guildies through SM just as much, if not more.

Pants said:
I'm hoping they finally put an AH in Darnassus or SW for the Alliance and the Undercity or Thunder Bluff for the Horde. Darnassus and the Undercity preferrably. There's almost no reason to go to Darnassus right now, the place is dead and IF is just a horrible place to go during peak hours. Undercity is well away from Ogrimmar so it'd only be fair to the undead to have it there as opposed to Thunder Bluff which is pretty close to Ogrimmar.

IIRC, that IS something they're going to be doing with the expansion, along with linking all the auction houses together so they've all got the same things.

Pants

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
IIRC, that IS something they're going to be doing with the expansion, along with linking all the auction houses together so they've all got the same things.
Awesome. Finally!

Dark Jezter

First Post
Pants said:

IIRC, linked auction houses are coming in the 1.9 patch (which should be here before the end of the year). This patch will add auction houses to Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Darnassus, and Stormwind. The auction houses for each faction will be "linked" so that when you put an item up for sale in one AH, it will appear in the other ones as well. This will hopefully reduce traffic in the current AH cities, but Blizzard expects that Orgrimmar and Stormwind will still have the highest player traffic due to the fact that those are the "main" cities for each respective faction.

The article I read on the subject also mentioned that auction houses will be added to all the major goblin cities and linked together.

Last edited:

javapadawan

First Post
I had to give up WoW due to lack of time months ago, but dangit... all this talk plus a new expansion is making me want to play again.

Edit: I wasn't able to find this information on the expansion or main site... Have they mentioned which classes will be available for the new Horde race?

Last edited:

Remove ads