• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World of Warcraft expansion announced.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
javapadawan said:
Edit: I wasn't able to find this information on the expansion or main site... Have they mentioned which classes will be available for the new Horde race?
At Blizzcon, they had pre-gen blood elf mages, priests, warriors and warlocks, if I recall correctly. They're allegedly deciding between rogues and hunters as well.

Krug

Newshound
javapadawan said:
I had to give up WoW due to lack of time months ago, but dangit... all this talk plus a new expansion is making me want to play again.

Edit: I wasn't able to find this information on the expansion or main site... Have they mentioned which classes will be available for the new Horde race?

There won't be any new classes apparently. Too much trouble balancing.

Info about BC: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/

Krug

Newshound
Dark Jezter said:
IIRC, linked auction houses are coming in the 1.9 patch (which should be here before the end of the year). This patch will add auction houses to Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Darnassus, and Stormwind. The auction houses for each faction will be "linked" so that when you put an item up for sale in one AH, it will appear in the other ones as well. This will hopefully reduce traffic in the current AH cities, but Blizzard expects that Orgrimmar and Stormwind will still have the highest player traffic due to the fact that those are the "main" cities for each respective faction.

The article I read on the subject also mentioned that auction houses will be added to all the major goblin cities and linked together.

Definitely a good idea. I can't even play Alliance because when I'm in Ironforge my computer totally freezes up. The lag is too much.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Krug said:
Definitely a good idea. I can't even play Alliance because when I'm in Ironforge my computer totally freezes up. The lag is too much.

Try to add more RAM. That will help.

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

>Pandaren
Another rumor about the Pandaren not being the alliance race was that it would in some way offend their Chinese customers. Apparently there is some sort of stricture against depicting the killing of pandas. Just a rumor, though. What I've heard is the Alliance might get some sort of statue/elemental type like the Earthen. Drenei would be an interesting choice. There's a little Drenei village in northwest Swamp of Sorrows. Maybe they could modify the zone there to lead into a large Drenei settlement along with some newbie attached areas?

>Blood Elves
I'm not real big on Warcraft lore, but I read somewhere that the Blood Elves (or maybe High Elves at the time) were allied with the Alliance, but an Alliance general sent them on a bunch of suicide missions. More motivation to seek new allies.

>Flying Mounts
It seems to me that if you add controllable flying mounts, you need the ability to be able to dynamically jump off them at any point (like you can with horses, etc.). If that's the case, I would LOVE the ability to jump off wyverns and such. It's a bummer going to Blackrock Mountain and having to go all the way to Kargath first. I'd much rather jump off at a strategic point (rogue safe fall woo).

>+40 Attack Power Ring
I suspect this won't be a level 5 ring when the expansion comes out. I'd use a ring with that much attack power right now in certain situations (like raiding against mobs that don't use Area of Effect attacks).

>Patch maybe in mid-December
Excellent, the 1.9 patch is supposed to have Paladins (and maybe Priest) changes in it. I'm horde-side right now, but much of my guild made alliance alts to play in their spare time. I might continue my lvl 10 paladin if they become interesting enough. Additionally, Karazan (or however it's spelled), the tower in the south end of Deadwind Pass (I think) between Duskwood (I think, it's south of Elwynn Forest) and Swamp of Sorrows is extremely extremely cool looking. Great place to visit and look around.

>Fire Resist Buff from Spellbinders in UBRS
My guild smacks Ragnaros weekly (although we died to him Sunday at 1am, well Monday) at 1%. Ow. We were tired, I s'pose. Anyway, we usually go ahead and get that buff since +83 FR is nothing to sneeze at.

>Expansion Date
All of the history of Blizzard says they're slow. Repeat the previous sentence a billion times, please. Now, usually when they finally deliver something, it’s spectacular, but honest people need to acknowledge that Blizzard is slooooow. So, with that said, nobody should get their hopes up that the expansion will be here this year or even early next year. I'm hopeful for the beginning of next summer as they try to catch kids getting out of school looking for a cool game to play, but next Fall is also a possibility. "No way, that's too long to wait!" It would be for any company other than Blizzard. ;)

Take care,
Dreeble (60 UD Rogue, Garona, woo)

KenM

Banned
Banned
Blizzard may be slow, but I have never had a problem getting they're games to run on launch day. I came on WOW a little late, but they had some issues with WoW due to popularity of it.

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

KenM said:
Blizzard may be slow, but I have never had a problem getting they're games to run on launch day. I came on WOW a little late, but they had some issues with WoW due to popularity of it.

Saying Blizzard may be slow is like saying the ocean may be wet. But I agree, I've never had problems getting their games to run on launch day. The question is, _when_ is that launch day. The answer is, far off. ;)

Also, the launch of WoW was a little weird. The first week or two things were awesome. Then for two or three months my server had honestly pretty minor problems, in my opinion. A _few_ queues, a few crashes, annoying loot lag and the like, but entirely playable. Then there were the "Evil Twenty" servers that from all reports were hideously fubared.

Personally, I'm having a great time in this game, possibly the result of being in one of the top two horde raiding guilds on my server. We just beat Firemaw (the fourth boss in Blackwing Lair) last week, woo. I'm greatly looking forward to the expansion although I think it's far off. Nearer term is the 1.9 patch which will hopefully have Ahn'Qiraj stuff in it (a new 20 and 40 raid dungeon and more).

Take care,
Dreeble

kotik2

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
At Blizzcon, they had pre-gen blood elf mages, priests, warriors and warlocks, if I recall correctly. They're allegedly deciding between rogues and hunters as well.

Those were the pregen they had. As far as the hunter/rogue decision, there was a hunter trainer on Sunstrider Island, but no rogue trainer. Not a big deal to change, but that's what I found when checking out the trainer room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads