• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Best Game Room: Take 3!

The World's Best Gaming Room contest (inasmuch as there are two contestants) just heated up with a third contender for the crown! This new entry is a 13th-century medieval approach (without the dirt or smells) with power outlets that even look medieval! This even has melted wax decoration on the lights, a leather-covered ice box, and curtains with stains and sword holes!

The World's Best Gaming Room contest (inasmuch as there are two contestants) just heated up with a third contender for the crown! This new entry is a 13th-century medieval approach (without the dirt or smells) with power outlets that even look medieval! This even has melted wax decoration on the lights, a leather-covered ice box, and curtains with stains and sword holes!

So, the previous contenders are The Game Tavern and The Burntwire Brothers. Below is a photo of the new challenger.

Click through on the photos below for more pictures and details!

7874108346_acc8b13a7f_c.jpg
Photos by Jef Bond

7874105792_4d60a3147e_c.jpg

7874097792_8146849208_z.jpg

David4FSU

First Post
They = The Author of the ENWorld Post where I only saw 3 pictures. When you click on one of them and see the additional images, it really is impressive ! I was just saying they might have used the picture with the Dwarven Forge setup in the middle of the table as one of the first 3 pictures. No offense intended :)

David4FSU

First Post
Ahh like I said, no offense intended ! Was a great find and I hope that it does fire up some competition with others for a ENnie type reward. Thanks !

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ahh like I said, no offense intended ! Was a great find and I hope that it does fire up some competition with others for a ENnie type reward. Thanks !

No worries - it was just an old saying of my grandma's - "she's the cat's mother". She'd use it when people talked about her in the third person when she was right there in the room! This is about the closest I got to using the phrase! :)

Click on one of the pictures above and take a look at some of the additional pictures, and you will see there is more to this room. I agree the other two have more of a "wow" factor, but this one is no slouch!

Indeed! The other pictures make a big difference in my appreciation of the room.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Very nice! Looking at the other pictures is a definite must, thanks to the others for pointing that out. I would've never guessed the curtains hid the gaming supplies, nor that huge dwarven forge set within the table.

Bravo.

Grue

First Post
Style

These are all great rooms and well decorated gaming dens. But I’d sacrifice (medieval) style for comfort and convenience for a room I was going to use to entertain my friends for about four hours. The chairs in this one would be fine for a dining situation but are probably a bit too severe for that amount of sit-down for a tabletop game. Chairs are absent from the Burntwire Brothers room, and from looking at the pics I don’t think there’s a lot of room to move around the table when a game is in session (at least without removing the weapon racks). The Gaming den chairs look padded at least so that’s a bit more comfortable.

Granted you lose the décor with modern office chairs but they have the added benefit of adjustable height. Ultimate game tables tend to be fantastic monsters in general and my players run from 4’11” to 6’5”. It would ruin the theme of a medieval fantasy room if you plopped down a modern conference table with office chairs. You could hide the fridge and snack table (and can and trash bins…maybe not a projector and station for a PC though).

Remove ads

Remove ads