World's Largest Dungeon

industrygothica

Adventurer
Upon seeing the creature enter the cave mouth, Carolina loads a bolt into her crossbow. After a few furtive glances to her companions she asks, "Anybody got a light?" and makes her way to the cave entrance with the assumption that she will be taking point.

Boddynock

First Post
Jerolan picks up the pages of the journal. If it is too heavy for him to carry, he will ask one of his colleagues to put it in their pack. In response to Carolina's question, he draws his dagger and holds it aloft, so that the magical light illuminates the path ahead.

"Well, much as I'd rather stay out of holes in the ground, I think we'd better go into the cave. By the sounds of it, we could be facing a landslide, if that wind picks up and the rain loosens already loose rubble."

He moves to stand behind Carolina. Thinking of the creature they saw, he draws his rapier as well.

[sblock=OOC]If the journal weighs more than 3 lbs, he'll ask Thorg to carry it for him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
With a final sad look at Bluebell, Baeril hitches his backpack onto his back and steps into the cave, his walking stick in his hands, squinting into the shadows.

[[Low-light vision, naturally]]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Thorg stows his shield on his back, pulls out his longspear, and lines up behind the small folk as everyone enters the cave. He nervously looks at the muddy entrance and big boulders as he goes inside.

wmasters

First Post
Aswan follows the group into the cave mouth. "Curious, looks like creatures go into this cave, but it doesn't look like they come out. Guess it leads somewhere then."

Kafkonia

First Post
Most of the papers have been torn into pieces, but the largest, most intact fragments are almost as big as Thorg. Jerolan can carry two or three such fragments without overly inconviencing himself.

In the light of the dagger, the party can see that the tunnel slopes downward and to the right, heading deeper toward the mountain. As they walk, the tunnel's size varies only slightly, just large enough for the tallest of them to walk, arms outstretched on either side, without touching the walls or bumping his head. About a hundred feet in, the tunnel opens out into what is obviously an artificial chamber -- carved from the stone, it appears to be a perfect cube, each side almost as long as the tunnel from which they had just emerged. Dim rods are stationed equidistant around the room, shedding a dim light that does little to enhance that supplied by Jerolan's dagger.

There are two identical iron doors set into the walls across the room from the party, one before them, one to their left. In the far corner of the room huddles a large rat, presumably the creature they followed into the tunnel. Its back is arched and its fur stands on end as it watches the interlopers warily, but it makes no move to attack.

Boddynock

First Post
Jerolan stops just inside the doorway. "Oh my, this is unexpected. Ah well, at least it gives us some place to go."

He eyes the rat cautiously. "Hmm, what should we do about yon beast? It's not pretty - but then, not all of us can be."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Nothin', I guess. It's just a rat. It's not hurting anyone."

Thorg leans back against the wall next to the entrance to the chamber and looks around.

OOC:
[sblock]Thorg will look around with Darkvision. Does he Spot anything? Is there anything to Listen to?[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
Aswan looks curiously at the gnome. "Seems doubtful it can turn doorknobs. Whatever gave you that idea? I expect it's just sheltering from the rain, same as us. Let the creature be.

Aswan looks at the imposing doors in front of them, "Do you think we should knock?" he asks the assembled group.

Remove ads