• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World's Largest Dungeon?

Arcane Runes Press said:
It would be cool if the corridors were big enough that mounted adventurers could wander about, because I like the thought of dungeon corridor cavalry battles.

Just suggest to the party that they could do a 'themed group', all Halflings. Dog-mounted Halfling Paladins vs Yeth Hound-riding Goblins, just think of it! CHARGE! :p

Also, I'm so with those that have mentioned "Little Kid desires, Big Kid wallet" syndrome. I'll no doubt end up picking up a copy for myself, although it's more likely I'll hand it to a DM of mine and have him run it, at least I'll ask once he's recovered and started therapy or something ;)

Hatchling Dragon

ashadow

First Post
jim- are you going to be gencon all four days? i just learned that I will be on a business trip in Indiana during this time and I thought I'd come down to pick up a copy of this... maybe an autographed copy :)
also- what is this book going to cost?

jim pinto

First Post
ashadow said:
jim- are you going to be gencon all four days? i just learned that I will be on a business trip in Indiana during this time and I thought I'd come down to pick up a copy of this... maybe an autographed copy :)
also- what is this book going to cost?

i will be at the booth every day of the show from 1pm to 4pm

i might be there even more, but those are my DEFINATE hours

the book is $100 and autographs are $25

:)

anyone that's ever had a book signed by me,
knows that i give out the best signatures in gaming
that you have to see to understand.... but i promise
it'll be worth every penny.

note: the $25 is a joke (i know someone is going to
misread that) and they are, in fact, free.

btw...
13 days until gencon kids.

pogre

Legend
Leopold said:
Please put the maps online. Please allow us to look at them and print them out piecemeal. I can't use a friggin 20' map.

Until I can download the maps I won't buy this. Poster maps are not worth the hassle for me and Necromancer Games does provide this service for their modules. It is a genuine issue for me as a consumer.

Demon Gnome

First Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold
Please put the maps online. Please allow us to look at them and print them out piecemeal. I can't use a friggin 20' map.

Until I can download the maps I won't buy this. Poster maps are not worth the hassle for me and Necromancer Games does provide this service for their modules. It is a genuine issue for me as a consumer.

Agreed. Poster maps, while great to look at, are just to unweildy to use during a game, and if used eventually fall apart due to folding and refolding of each section.

Last edited:

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I am looking forward to this book...big time...but I have some concerns.

How about the binding? Will it hold? I looked at the 480+ pg Talislanta book yesterday...man, that's huge! WLD will be almost double that! Not sure how that's going to work.
A lot of people have books that fall apart minutes after opening, will this be the case?

Also the gaming store guys were saying that this book is not going to go over very well for the game stores, but it'll do better for online sellers that give a discount.
One person made a good point, why wasn't this book released in 3-4 parts? Each about $30-$40, no doubt the volume of sales would be higher.

Regardless, I'm saving up now...and looking forward to it.

jim pinto

First Post
Ghost2020 said:
I am looking forward to this book...big time...but I have some concerns.

How about the binding? Will it hold? I looked at the 480+ pg Talislanta book yesterday...man, that's huge! WLD will be almost double that! Not sure how that's going to work.
A lot of people have books that fall apart minutes after opening, will this be the case?

Also the gaming store guys were saying that this book is not going to go over very well for the game stores, but it'll do better for online sellers that give a discount.
One person made a good point, why wasn't this book released in 3-4 parts? Each about $30-$40, no doubt the volume of sales would be higher.

Regardless, I'm saving up now...and looking forward to it.

the binding is really sturdy on this thing AND it lays flat
for ease of use. my copy is holding up just fine.

every store we've contacted can't wait and while initial orders
might be prohibitive for owners, turnover is expected. everyone
at GAMA was blown away with the map and as someone said online,
that's the best marketing there is.

i'm not sure how to address speculation about decisions that are too late
to make. we set out with a single mission statement. and that mission statement is the title of the book. we more than exceeded our expectations with this product, by making something people EARNESTLY want to play from beginning to end....

so. in short, i'm not sure how to address your comment.

but, i'll say this. 3 or 4 seperate books, wouldn't have been the world's largest dungeon, would they?

:)

to address the map issue, we're talking it over now as to how to handle giving away basically 10% of the product online by giving away the maps. there may or may not be a solution to this, but i assure you that i'm aware of your concerns and i've made management aware. beyond that, its really not that expensive to photocopy them (each quadrant of a map is 8.5 by 11), and probably easier on your personal printer as well.

i know i'm hand-drawing mine so i can draw notes on them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads