• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WorldWorks 3D sets - anybody ever use any of them?

GlassJaw

Hero
I just found out about this company. Very cool stuff. Has anybody heard of them before or tried making any of their stuff? They look very cool but my guess you need access to a pretty nice printer to make them look nice or not going throuhg a TON of printer ink.

If nothing else, they are certainly impressive.

www.worldworksgames.com

TheBadElf

First Post
I've made a fairly large amount of their dungeon terrain, and I'm currently working on some village stuff. It is all very, very nice. My printer isn't terribly good but it still handles Worldworks stuff well; it does use a lot of ink, though.

Tinner

First Post
TheBadElf said:
I've made a fairly large amount of their dungeon terrain, and I'm currently working on some village stuff. It is all very, very nice. My printer isn't terribly good but it still handles Worldworks stuff well; it does use a lot of ink, though.

I'll second that.
I recently picked up one of their dungeon sets, and they print very nicely at the recomended 360 dpi. It does suck up a load of ink though.
Additionally, you'll want to follow the instructions to the letter when building them. The results are much nicer than if you wing it.
Not that I would ever wing it or anthing ... :uhoh:

Mychal

First Post
I was turned on to them thru the CD in the Rezolution (a mini game) starter box, and I now own 5 of their sets. It has really enhanced my play groups gamming experience. I highly recommend WWG Products. I have build a 35"x35" Modern layout with alot of terrain, and have yet to burn thru a ink cartridge, My Printer is a DeskJet 722C.

canals_fin_01.JPG
canals_fin_02.JPG

canals_fin_03.JPG
canals_fin_04.JPG

most of the terrain... 95% is WWG stuff, some of it kit bashed,(the elevated roads, the canals, the graffiti 'Pecaso') the Orange/Red ships cargo containers are my very own scratch builds.

Last edited:

D'karr

Adventurer
WorldWorks' models are awesome

GlassJaw said:
I just found out about this company. Very cool stuff. Has anybody heard of them before or tried making any of their stuff? They look very cool but my guess you need access to a pretty nice printer to make them look nice or not going throuhg a TON of printer ink.

If nothing else, they are certainly impressive.

www.worldworksgames.com

I've used WorldWorks for quite some time. Their cardstock models are by far the best gaming accesories I've ever spent money on.

The textures are crisp and incredibly detailed. My players love the 3D terrain because it adds so much more atmosphere to combats.

As far as printing goes, the models are full color, so you will use a bit of ink. Are they worth it? You bet. I refill my ink cartridges and even with that type of ink I get fantastic details from their sets.

Worldworks also has an awesome community of dedicated customers that spend time helping new people get acquainted with the models and answer all questions in a helpful manner. Visit their forums at http://www.worldworksgames.com/forum/index.php

The WorldWorks designers also contribute often to the forums and believe me, this is one company that really takes the time to listen to their customers.

I'm glad you've found them. I hope you take the time to visit the forums and mingle. You won't regret it.

Solospirit

First Post
I can also Highly recomend the WWG sets...Im a new customer with them, and only have one partial build under my belt...but I am extremely impressed with the quality and versatility of the sets.

I am also very impressed with the quality of support that comes through their forum users and staff both.

I printed about 150 pages of cardstock to get a fairly large 2 deck starship...plus lots of decorative pieces...and used about a full cartridge of colour ink...for a HP Deskjet 3740...not an expensive printer or cartridge ( about $20 of ink) and the Image quality is very acceptable.

Build times are usually less than an hour for standard rooms...can be over an hour for more complex piece's...but do a little at a time and it soon builds up into very impressive models :)

So ..to sum up...if you like what you see on the site...you will LOVE the actual sets...go for it!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, I have been using World Works for about two years now, first for wargaming, later for RPGs and to hand out finished models as prizes for events.

Very nice, The Maiden of the High Seas is my favorite of the models, and also the hardest that I have built. It is 140' scale from stem to stern, dominating a table top quite nicely.

Castle Works Ultimate is my second favorite, though I have to date only built one model that is (almost) entirely from this set - a Wizard's Tower that somehow changed from a Wizard's Tower to a Navigator Mage's Lighthouse...

Legend of Skull Cove and Arena Works vie for third - I use Arena Works for Mordheim, which means that it gets pulled out about once a week or so, Skull Cove sees less use, but has so many nifty pieces... and with the new King Kong coming out I have this strange urge to use Skull Cove for Skull Island...

Be warned, the above pages contain animations, and could take a while to load - but the animations are worth watching. :)

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* For those who sense a nautical theme to my gaming... you are right. :) I am currently building a new Arena Works set, which will have a water insert for 'naval' battles in the Arena. (Hey, the Romans did exactly that...)

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I have a review of one of their sets, the Dungeon Stomp I believe, in the review guide here. Good stuff and due to unlimited printing capability, a notch above the WoTC material. The only bad thing about the set was at the time it was a 1.5 inch scale, I think for the Clix, as opposed to the 1 inch scale.

Jarrod

First Post
I'll second (er, tenth?) that. I also find that the WW models are good for accessories for a standard battlemat -- tables, chairs, bookcases, stairs, and the like.

Though I'm working on a table-spanning arena using their gladitorial models. That should be interesting.

The only real problem I have is storage :/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads