• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worn/Accessory Arcane Implement?

Iceman

First Post
Well, I see something there taht bugs me about Dynamic Weapons.

Seems to me, if you use RAW, one can keep the new form as long as he wishes, since the text only says "Or untill you end it as a minor action". There is no "wichever comes first" at the end, what makes me think that the same can be understood by RAI too.

That said, does anybody know if there's any official answer to that question? I would be glad to know.
I'm pretty sure it's a general rule. There are powers that say "until the end of your next turn or you make an attack" and similar, and we've always played them as ending at the earlier occurrence.

It's like forced movement. Push 4 is really "push up to 4". ;)

TAKERU

First Post
I am sorry I can not give it to you straight, but I remember seeing anywhere an utilitary item X, that happens it can be used and enchanted as weapon too. Since I am not very experienced about D&D gadgets and trinkets, I can't remember the reference. Of course, I may be mistaken. If somebody could find out, I'd be grateful.

And about "why" I want it so much, is fluff. I want to "hadouken" my powers, or whatever to make it more *cool*, and still being legally possible inside D&D4 - of course, not giving up my implement bonuses (a mechanical need after all). Its a lot cooler shooting a fireball through an open palm or throwing with the hands than pointing a sharp tip at somebody and hit them with the same fireball. And, of course, I don't need to draw a dagger everytime I start a fight. Just blast them! And again!

Saagael

First Post
And about "why" I want it so much, is fluff. I want to "hadouken" my powers, or whatever to make it more *cool*, and still being legally possible inside D&D4 - of course, not giving up my implement bonuses (a mechanical need after all). Its a lot cooler shooting a fireball through an open palm or throwing with the hands than pointing a sharp tip at somebody and hit them with the same fireball. And, of course, I don't need to draw a dagger everytime I start a fight. Just blast them! And again!

You should look into multiclassing into monk (or take arcane implement proficiency) to get access to ki focus as an implement. It is exactly what you're looking for. No, the implement is not a glove of some sort, but it gives you the ability to use your empty hands as if they were magical; that's how the monk is able to get magical bonuses on unarmed strikes.

Remove ads