• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Worst Multiclass Challenge

tglassy

Adventurer
I happen to love multiclasses, and I happen to love taking things that supposedly don't work together, and make them interesting.

So give me a multiclass combination that you believe kills the character, and I'll try to create a character that changes your mind.

zeldafan42

First Post
Barbarian/Wizard seems like an obvious bad combination choice. Those are two classes with possibly the most opposite focuses and little to no symmetry between class features.
Hard mode: Not allowed to pick Bladesinger as your Wizard School

Vulf

First Post
That's not unpossible.To qualify for all those Multiclasses you would need standard Human. (14, 14, 14, 13, 13, 13)
Barbarian Unarmed Defense, Rage, Fighting Style - Dueling, Monk Martial Arts,Sneak Attack
Using a Shortsword, you can rage and deal 2d6+6, and then in subsequent turns deal another 1d4+4 unarmed attack.
And then you've got 6 spell slots and a crazy amount of prepared level spells, including a lot of reaction ones.

If I were going Barbarian/Wizard

Start as a Barbarian, proficiency in Constitution saves and medium armor. Martial weapons.
School of Abjuration, those temporary hitpoints become twice as good while raging.

Several spells do not require concentration:
Mirror Image, Animate Dead, False Life, Blink, Fire Shield, Mordenkainen's Hound, Tenser's Floating Disk

(Place the Hound on top of the Disk :cool:)

The more I think about it, I've got a feeling the resistance to nearly all damage combined with constant Temporary hitpoint generation might make a DM lose his shlt.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
A necromancer Paladin would be interesting.

That's not unpossible.To qualify for all those Multiclasses you would need standard Human. (14, 14, 14, 13, 13, 13)

Barbarian Unarmed Defense, Rage, Fighting Style - Dueling, Monk Martial Arts,Sneak Attack

Using a Shortsword, you can rage and deal 2d6+6, and then in subsequent turns deal another 1d6+4 unarmed attack.

And then you've got 6 spell slots and a crazy amount of prepared level spells, including a lot of reaction ones.

Tons of cantrips too.

Vulf

First Post
Can't Rage while wearing heavy armor.

Can't use Martial Arts while wearing any armor.

Last edited:

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
A barbarian/bard/cleric/fighter/monk/paladin/ranger/rogue/sorcerer/warlock/wizard.

This would take 11 levels just to gain 1 level in each class. Any cantrips would scale for character level damage for 11th-level (not-so-bad) but no ASIs would have been achieved since those are tied to class level.

The proficiency bonus would have reached +4, but the most ASI bumps you could gain from level 11 on would need to be constrained to Fighter (at class levels 4, 6, and 8) or Rogue (class levels 4, 8, and 10), so three ability bump-ups would be the most you'd get by level 20.

This every-class combination is like one of those movies so bad that it becomes a cult classic (Ed Wood movies, anyone?).

So, you know what? Someone should make this happen as a convention challenge event.

Every PC starts with these 11 levels, then gets to add 3 more levels in a single class to gain one ASI. Then the adventure would start.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
I happen to love multiclasses, and I happen to love taking things that supposedly don't work together, and make them interesting.

So give me a multiclass combination that you believe kills the character, and I'll try to create a character that changes your mind.

Thank you for starting this Thread!

It hurts my brain just thinking about it, but it's a challenge worth it's time.

Remove ads