• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT: the Noble class

GrimJesta

First Post
Im a big fan of the Wheel of Time d20 game, and I am planning on running a game within a matter of days. One of my players wants to run a noble, but we both agreed that the class abilities are sadly lacking when compared to the other classes. The ability most in question is the Call in Favor ability. You dont get alot of them, and once you use it, its gone (unless Im reading this one wrong).

Does anyone else think that the Noble could be better, or if they have changed the class what did you do to it?

Im thinking of either saying that when you gain a level you gain back any spent CiF's (wouldnt political ties continue to accumulate, and why would the contacts go away?), OR perhaps giving the Noble a CiF at every level and once spent they are gone.

The Call in Favor is the main thing that the Noble has to make him/her a viable companion that carries his/her own weight in a party (aside from cash), yet mechanics-wise its not worth it; they just do not get anough of them IMHO.

Anyone have any ideas?

-=grim=-

Impeesa

Explorer
Take a cue from games like Spycraft and make it a # of times per session. Slow down the progression so it tops out around, say, 3/session, maybe make them work a little more for the benefits.

--Impeesa--

Enforcer

Explorer
Check out the revised noble from the new Star Wars book. It should be on WotC's site somewhere. It's a much better version.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Enforcer said:
Check out the revised noble from the new Star Wars book. It should be on WotC's site somewhere. It's a much better version.

I agree with Enforcer (BTW, what about your story hour, Enforcer?), the Noble from WoT is directly taken from the Star Wars noble, so taking the new version would be a good idea.

Personally, myself, I use the Sovereign Stone noble class, much better than WotC's one, IMHO.

Cyronax

Explorer
Which Star Wars book is the revised noble in, and if its not took much trouble could someone briefly detail what's different about it?

Thanks,
C.I.D.

Last edited:

lobo

First Post
Rivised WoT Noble

I have added a few abilities to the noble class.

NOBLE
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d8.
Class Skills: As WoT Noble
Skill Points: As WoT Noble
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: As WoT Noble
Bonus Class Skill: AS WoT Noble

Bonus Feats: At 6th, 9th, 14th, and 19th level, the noble gains a bonus feat. This feat must be selected from the following list, and the noble must meet any prerequisites: Alertness, Fame, Frightful Presence, Influence, Mimic, Persuasive, Sharp-Eyed, Skill Emphasis, Trustworthy

Favors: As Revised Star Wars Noble

Inspire confidence: As Revised Star Wars Noble

Resource Access: As Revised Star wars Noble

Coordinate: As Revised Star Wars Noble

Inspire Greatness (Starting at 11th level): As revised Star Wars Noble

Noble’s Fervor (Starting at 5th level): A Noble can apply her Charisma modifier (if positive) as a bonus to any saving throw once every five levels.

Noble’s Fury (Starting at 10th level): A Noble can apply her Charisma modifier to damage rolls as well as her strength modifier. The Noble can perform this action once per day plus once per every five levels.

Noble’s Wrath (Starting at 15th level): The Noble can make an extra attack per round at her highest BAB. The Noble can perform this action once per day plus her Charisma modifier.

Remove ads