WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 1

Larion cautiously moves forward and lunges at Barrik although his heart is truly not in it and the half-orc deflects the attack easily.

Aaron brongs his weapon to bear as barrik steps back to summon a celestial dog to attack the elven woman. The dog catches her in the back as Aaron cuts through Larion's leathers to draw blood. The Inquisitor is about to follow up with another when he is struck in the chest my magical energy from a wand the elven woman now holds. Marda tries to stop her and commands the woman to DROP! the wand but it only causes her to lossen her grip a moment before she takes aim at the cleric.

Fantalass cautiously watches knowing the only spell he has left for the day might cause more harm than good in these close quarters.

Rivereye gets a savage look about his ugly face as he ducks by the table to come at Larion. "I owe you this elf!" he nearly screams plunging the dagger into Larion's side. "That's fer tieing me up."

Larion curses and withdrawals from the three combatants. He backs away to where the elven woman stands and eyes the dog wearily. "Just roast them Shaelis! Cast your fireball!" he screams holding his bleeding side.

[sblock=OOC] round 1 over round two started as Larion has withdrawn for the round. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Posted in Init order...

Code:
[U]Character       HP  AC   InHand/Condition[/U]
Larion           [COLOR=orange]6[/COLOR]  16   rapier/none
Aaron            [COLOR=orange]7 [/COLOR] 17   b.sword/none
Barrik          12  16   falchion/none
Riding dog      13  13   none/none (9/10 rounds)
Fantalass        5  [COLOR=royalblue]15[/COLOR]   none/total-D
Shaelis         13  17   wand/none
Marda            8  19   mace&shield/none 
Rivereye        11  13   dagger/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Tower2.jpg
    Tower2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=First Floor] The door leads into a small kitchen that smells of thyme and other herbs. Shade would almost say the smells plesant if it wasn't for the undertone of death that she smells coming from the hall.

Cautiously exiting the kitchen the short hallway holds another corspe, fresh and dead by a horde wound to the neck. The woman "looks" at Shade with pleading eyes still open, her mouth agape giving her a look as if some great terror gripped her before her life was ended.

Stepping around the woman's warm blood Shade uses all her senses to find some sign of this mad axe-man. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Perception check please, and there is only the kitchen, hallway and living space on this floor. A set of stairs lead up from the main living space and another door leads out to the front of the building. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik snorts as he contemptuously knocks the thrust aside. With a growled, "I think not," he hurls himself forward at the elven woman, swinging his falchion with all his might!

(And the gold-furred dog bites at the woman's leg again.)

[sblock=OOC]
Ccchhhhaaaaaaarrrrrgggeeee!!!!! ;)

Barrik charges, taking the -2 AC/+2 attack against the woman. Dog bites her, too, and they each get Flanking bonus. And Barrik gets +1 damage for having a flanking buddy.
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

[sblock=The Look]Stealth (1d20+9=24)

Shade's elven sight lets her see deep into the gloom of the darkened house, beyond the horrified look on the house mothers face. Figuring there would be no more people down stairs, the rogue heads upstairs quickly after a cursory glance around the small first floor.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass prepares to interrupt the female enemy caster.

[sblock=OOC]

You said we could wait for the enemies initiative before posting actions :(
I wanted to use Acid Dart.

And AC is only 11.

----

Standard: Ready action: Acid dart when the Shaelis cast anything (by herself or through the wand.

Active: none

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3
1 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hearing the words of the wounded foe, Aaron's focus is back to the woman. He blinks, slowly, as he silently prays for forgiveness for what he is about to attempt.

"May your gods welcome you..." he says, as he moves forth, intent on striking at the woman and preventing her from uttering the words that would engulf them all in flames.

His feet swift, he brings his bastard sword along the midsection, hoping to cause the woman to double over in pain. She had already hit him with one magical attack. He would try to not allow her to get another magical attack off again.

[sblock=charge]Aaron charges, hoping to end her life with one fell swoop, or cause her to yield.[/sblock]

Seeing the womans' belly open forth, blood spewing, he breaths out, realizing that Gracenys had guided his hand. Gracenys obviously saw this foe as not one deserving of leniency. Aaaron peers at the wound, then back to the two foes, stating, "Give up now, or die..."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=The Adversary] Shade reaches the top of the steps and sees light coming from a room off to her left. She quickly moves to the door her back against the wall. She hears what seems like someone ruffling through a chest of drawers. Opening then closing one, then another. Then she hears what sounds like a childs whimper followed by a gruff male voice.

"Shut up you, once I find something to change into I'm going to need you to help me with this, and I'll be on my way." Shade hears what sounds like a fist punching a heavily armored chest. "But I don't want to here your whining the whole time."

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Combat

Aaron stood before the female elf his face resolved his bloodied blade held low but ready. He would always remember this moment of his life as if it were played out in slow motion, though in reality it took only seconds.

The wizardress was slumped over a little bit, one hand clutching at her innards, trying to keep them inside her. She coughed and blood splattered at the Inquisitor's feet, dark and red. She looked up and he saw the slight one-sided grin she made with those bloodied lips.

She reached inside a pouch at her hip with her free hand, still grinning. Aaron was struck by the smell of rotten eggs and he raised his sword to point at her chest his head shook a little, "Don't make me." he intoned silently as if praying.

She started rubbing the small ball she had drawn forth between two fingers, rolling it around and intoning strange words that gurgled out of her as bloody spittle feel down her chin. "Please, don't make me." Aaron almost pleaded his arm tensing to strike, bring the point near her throat.

The small ball started to give off a reddish light from between her fingers and Aaron's arm darted forward without much thought from the man. It pierced straight through the base of her neck, and emerged dark and dripping on the otherside.

Still holding his sword it was as if Aaron guided the lifeless body to the floor the small glowing component rolling from her hand. It hissed a little and then flickered out the glow gone, the spell stopped.

It was the next sound that brought Aaron back to "real time" once again.

*clang* *clang*

The rapier sounded like a small bell as it hit the floor, Larion having thrown it down to land near the black case the group had come for.

"I surrender! Please don't kill me!" he says stricken.

[sblock=OOC] Everyone is now Second LeveL Congrats.

FtF I hope all of that was alright. If not please let's talk about it in the OOC. [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Turning back to the other foe who had now yielded, he motions to the others to back off and not attack the yielding opponent. Signaling that they should watch the foe for any surprises, Aaron speaks out. "Enough blood has been spilled! Speak, and tell us what is happening! What was she intent on doing with the contents that she stole? Who does she work for? And what is your role in all this turmoil?"

He holds up the armband that he took from one of the fallen thugs from their first encounter, showing that they were no more. Turning back to the fallen woman, he bows out of respect, and begins a prayer for her passing while awaiting Larions answer.

Remove ads