WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

Torrent strikes out at the goblin trying to flank her while Barrik and his dogs attack in earnest. The half-orc savagely craves into the inquisitors shoulder and chest. One hound rips at flesh, taking the fight out of the goblin to the north.

As the black blood flows freely the Ragesian tries once more to cast a spell reaching for Barrik's throat. The spell fails as the life leaves the orc and he falls.

"Yikes!"
squeals the last goblin standing. He carefully backs away from Torrent, but before he can turn and run away...

"Oh no you don't! You two legged rat!" Fantalass says aiming the wand and sending a magical bolt to slam into it. The goblin flies off it's feet to land into the dirt dying.

[sblock=OOC] Great fight gang. And the end of the module to boot. Now a little RP clean up this week and we will be starting the next chapter before you know it. [/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda looks over the group of Rageians now all on the ground in some state of dying or dead. She looks down to the hammer in her hand and then back to the others, "Is everyone alright?"

As she speaks the dwarf's own adrenalin high of combat starts to diminish and she feels the pain of the grave wound she took from the elarged foe. Though heal with magic, she cannot help but think she was that close to death. Gracenyes' will and the Torrent's healing magics have her there standing. She will carry on the fight.

She clutches at her holy symbol and asks for Gracenyes' blessing. The holy energies wash over her and her companions. ((Channel Energy 1d6+3=5))

Once she has completed the simple ritual she looks to her friend and suggests, "Aaron, we can tend to this. Best to see to your charge."

[sblock=Marda's Status]Dwarven Cleric 2/Fighter 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +8
Conditions: Bless, Divine Favor, dying
AC: 21 (11 touch; 20 flat-footed)
HP: 18 of 24
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Ref: +1 Will: +5
In Hand: Magical Warhammer & Shield (+6 Attack / 1d8+3)
Spells: (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Stand the Heat, Bless, Command, Divine Favor(d) (color notes cast)
Channel Energy 4 of 5 uses remaining; Inspiring Word: 5 of 5 uses remaining; Touch of Glory: 4 of 5 uses remaining[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik rolls his shoulders as Marda's healing removes some of the wounds he took in the fight. He grimaces as he steps around the corpse of Boreus. Barrik kicks the body once, then whirls his falchion up, around and down, severing the Ragesian's head. "Can't be too careful," he growls out.

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"This was ... interesting. Let's search body for things that will help us with our mission and then decide if we are all still in the condition to barce the Forest of Fire today." Fantalass says, puts away the wand and starts the search.

[sblock=OOC]

uses detect magic in the search to better spot magic items

---

Fantalass
AC 15 (11) (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 20/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'm not sure," Torrent says eying the burning forest less than a mile away. "If we don't start out in the next couple hours it may be better to wait. A late start means spending two nights in there, and I think one will be more than enough."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron had taken in the battle with reluctance, yet can now clearly see the turmoil they will face. Closing his eyes briefly, he shakes his head. Then he speaks, in a calm but unnerving voice. "We will meet opposition at every corner we face. They will challenge our devotion. Our beliefs. Our will."

His eyes open, as he turns to face the house. "People are going to die. Innocent people, like Crystin's father. She does not know of his fate, and I will be the one to tell her."

Turning to the doorway, he nods at Marda's comment, as he adds, "Can you take care of his body as well? I don't think she should see him in the state he is in."

He moves to the doorway, and pauses, before turning back to the group. "I don't know how we got to where we are. Gracenys has chosen Marda and myself for our belief. Though each of you has more personal and questionable reasons for helping, things don't always happen by chance. We can succeed. We must succeed."

He then looks at Marda, Fantalass, Shade, Torrent and finally at Barrik. "Thank you. If nothing else, we each have our role in this endeavor."

He enters the house and goes to Crystin, not sure if he should attempt to awaken her or to leave her resting...

Songdragon

Explorer
"We will spend another day, and start out in the morning. If Torrent thinks it best not to spend two nights in the forest, it is probably best. There are things to tend to." Marda says...

She nods to Aaron, "Of course. I care for the mans body, he will be buried with respect and next to his wife as he wanted."

She nods to Barrick, while not pleasant, with such an evil, you need to be sure. "We should take care of these as well. Perhaps take the remains into the forest and let it have them."

After the bodies are searched for anything of use Marda will got and tend to Crystin's father. Looking for a shovel to begin digging after she has the body prepared. She will take the pains to prepare the body for burial and the soul for its journey.

Later in the day... Marda will perform a ceremony for the man. Prior to the others arriving she will channel energy over the area where the man is to rest with his wife.

Once everyone who wishes to attend does Marda starts "We are gathered here this day, to honor Haddin for the good he did bring to the world. In his passing I offer, as a chosen of Gracenyes, her blessing that he may be at rest and that his soul may reach the Realm beyond." She places her holy symbol on the man's body and touches both body and symbol and channels yet again. "Go in peace Haddin."

The dwarf takes up her holy symbol and with help starts cover the body with dirt then stones. Once complete, she will bless the site once again Channeling for a third time. She then departs for the house.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik has a slight frown at Aaron's little preaching, but says nothing. At Marda's suggestion to dispose of the enemy's corpses, Barrik speaks up with a "I'd rather not haul their ugly corpses to the Forest. I'll let my dogs have them, and melt down the rest." He whistles to the golden hounds, points at the corpses and says simply "Eat up boys. You've done well." After the three canines have their fill and return to their home planes, Barrik piles up the remains and melts them down with Acid Splash.

He attends the minor funeral service and helps cover the body, making himself a giant to better assist.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It is late and the sun his once more setting but the nearby fire forest lights up the sky keeping it from becoming truly dark.

Cyrstin stands before her parents graves as she has for the past hour since awaking. The only difference is the tears have run dry and the sobs are much softer.

Aaron stands quietly nearby unsure what comfort he can provide.

Inside the cleaned out stone house the others have the magical gear they discovered on the inquisitor and his party on the table. A pile of arms and armor sits on the floor near the door, some of it still caked with dried black blood.

Sitting in the center of the table is the bear like skull mask of Boreus. Around the mask are four clerical scrolls, a brooch shaped like a charging boar, two potion vials, and a wand. Also on the table is a scroll case with a message written in orcish to "Kill the wizard Haddin Ja-Laffa, no need to bring him in alive, we don't need him." inside it.

Somberly the group decides what they are to do with the equipment.

[sblock=OOC] And I hope gets it divided up before next week. LOL Here's the list. And after it is divided up I will post teh next morning here, than the link to the next IC thread.

FtF we can RP a little also, you know I don't mind.[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]
Soldiers x2:
banded mail
heavy steel shield
masterwork battleaxe
shortbow (20 arrows)
5 days rations
10gp - total
2 potions of cure light wounds (only one soldier has two - other used his)

Smiley:
leather armor
masterwork silver greataxe
platinum chain (necklace)

Goblins x2:
masterwork (small) heavy crossbow
20 bolts
leather armor
(small) short sword
thieves tools
28gp -total

Boreus: