WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Visions of a haze cloud his mind, as his mind reels back to the day not so long ago. Marda was stronger now, devote and kind. He tends to hope that his friendship had something to do with that. Now, the cycle repeats itself, as he stares down at the beauty before him.

"Is there anything I can do?" he asks softly, not sure if breaking the silence was such a good idea.

Songdragon

Explorer
As the group gathers later and looks over the items, Marda suggests, "Of the items that we have discovered of our foes, taking those of the best quality for sale later would bring us the gold we might need. Rather than take everything."

The dwarf will place the magical warhammer on the table, "I borrowed this. While a hammer is comfortable in most dwarven hands, I do prefer my axe. As well, it is not mine to lay claim."

[sblock=Treasure]
Orange notes items to take to sell later...
Red, we should take.
Cyan notes magical and further investigation...
The below are suggestions... I am open to other ideas. :)

Soldiers x2:
banded mail x2
heavy steel shield x2
masterwork battleaxe x2
shortbow (20 arrows) x2
5 days rations x2
10gp - total
2 potions of cure light wounds (to those who cannot heal in some way)

Smiley:
leather armor
masterwork silver greataxe
platinum chain (necklace)

Goblins x2:
masterwork (small) heavy crossbow x2
20 bolts x2
leather armor x2
(small) short swordx2
thieves tools x2
28gp -total

((Can those with Spellcraft... Fantalas, Barrick, and Torrent attempt to identify the properties of magic items? Can do so 1/day per item))

Boreus:
magical brooch (faint abjuration)
scrolls- cure light wounds x4 (Marda x1, Aaron x2, and Torrent x1)
wand (very faint abjuration)
hand claw (treat as cestus but Type is P or S)- not magical
inquisitor's mask (faint abjuration)
scroll tube with message in orc
73gp

magical warhammer

Total gold 111gp from foes... 22 gp, and 2 sp for each of us. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass tries to identify the magical items.

[sblock=OOC]

Is there (in D&D) a differense between arrows for short bows and for long bows?

---

Fantalass
AC 12 (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 20/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount
2: Stone Call - Invisibility, Resist Energy

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The elven wizard seems lost in his element as he takes to studying the magical treasure before him. His eyes gleam a little more and his expression seems at first serious and then changes as it dons on him what first one item's abilities are, then another, and another.

Finally the smile across Fantalass's face is both one of satisfaction and accomplishment. It doesn't take much to know he has figured out what magical powers the items on the table hold.

[sblock=OOC] Some great rolling WD. Looks like it will be hard to keep secert items from Fantalass from here on out. Items are as follows...

Brooch of shielding(101 points remaining)
wand of hold portal (10 charges)
warhammer + 1
Inquisitor's mask - see below [/sblock]

[sblock=Inquisitor's Mask]
Aura faint abjuration; CL 3rd
Slot eyes; Price 2,600 gp; Weight 2 lb.__________
A creature wearing an inquisitor mask can choose as a free action to have the mask alter his voice to be more menacing and feral, granting a +2 enhancement bonus to Intimidate checks. Additionally, the mask makes its wearer immune to possession, and to attempts to exercise mental control, as with protection from good._________________

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass explains the magical items:
"The hammer carries a minor standard enchantment to increase accuracy and damage. Not very interesting...

The brooch is able to protect from some Magic Missle attacks. I would like to add that I'm currently the one most susceptible to such attacks.

I will take the wand, as I'm the only one of us able to use it. It magically closes doors.

The mask... let's say it is intimidating and can shield ones mind and soul, but it is not something I would suggest for wearing openly for long."

[sblock=OOC]

Is there (in D&D) a differense between arrows for short bows and for long bows?

---

Fantalass
AC 12 (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 20/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount
2: Stone Call - Invisibility, Resist Energy

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda nods to Fantalas. "Thank you. Your understanding of enchantments is quite good."

"I have no real interest in anything now before us. If Cyrstin agrees, I could take the warhammer, until I find something similarity enchanted waraxe." the dwarf says. "If no one else claims any of the rest, take it and we can trade or sell them when we are able."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik shrugs. "Sounds alright to me. I'm more comfortable with my falchion anyway. Though I will make use of Haddin's gift to me... I really wonder why the old man felt so compelled to give me his brother's armor..." The half-orc drifts off a bit in thought.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
While outside -

"Is there anything I can do?" he asks softly, not sure if breaking the silence was such a good idea.

"Just don't leave me alone," the young girl says coming over to cling to young warrior. She holds him tightly as if someone or something were trying to pull her away from him. "Just never leave me alone." she repeats her voice soft and on the edge of tears.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Taken back by the quick response, Aaron can only look at the young woman and shake his head. "You will come with us, through the forest. I am not sure what it holds for us, or what will happen after we go through, but if you don't mind the danger, then I have no objection."

Putting his hands on her shoulder, and looking straight into her eyes, he asks, "I need to know what is using you as a vessel though. You have twice warned us, yet in some otherworldly way. This last time, you passed out, after warning us. When did this start, and what else has been told to you?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A vessel? Told to me? I'm not sure what you mean Aaron." Cyrstin says here face full of worry at this news. "My power. My magic comes to me naturally, I was born with it."

She looks to the sky partially lit up by the fire forest. "My mother was a wizard, as was my father. So magic is in my blood. But there is something else." She says turning back to look into the young man's eyes. "I don't know if it is part of my natural ability or something else but... but it is there. I am sorry I don't know what to say. I wish I knew. I wish I wasn't this way. Please help me understand it."

She puts her arms around herself as if cold, and casts her eyes to the ground.

Remove ads