WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
[sblock=Aarons Action]Init (1d20+3=22) (Sorry! Damn IC teasing me with good rolls out of combat!

Aaron spins at the mention of surrendering, casting off the thought with a dismissal. Nodding as Marda grants him favor, as well as watching the Half Orc move to meet the new threat, his own powers come to bear, as he meets the gaze of the talkative thug. Moving to where Barrik had stood, he was trained in a certain fashion, and it would seem to be needed now...

"By who's authority?"

Aaron will defend the stairs, calling up, "Come on down... if you care to bleed.. Otherwise, leave... and you shall live."

Ready action to attack any foe that presents themselves. Will take AoO's to anyone attacking Marda, to grant her a +2 to AC if it presents itself as well.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1 recap

Marda turns to the newcomers, and swears in dwarven as she takes a step forward. Her left forearm glows in a silvery radiance from beneath the clothing.

"I call forth your power this night Gracenyes, give us aid as we do battle!" She then casts bless as the radiance momentarily bursts forth to engulf the room and each ally feels uplifted and energized. She then stares at the two thugs at the door threatening the group, "I counter your offer and will give you the option to flee, now!"

"Not likely your pretty little head is worth a hundred gold, let's collect," he says nudging the other man to move towards Torrent.

Barrik spins around when the door is broken open. A low growl issues from his lips at the threat from the thugs. He mumbles, “You two stay here, in case more come down the stairs.”

The half-orc’s grip on his falchion tightens and a mischievous glint flashes across his eyes. ”You’re outnumbered. Tell me, do you even know what we can do?”

{{Queta'lorn Fias'tra}} he says in the language of magic as he moves his free hand in a small circle and then points behind the thugs.

A golden dog, in a white nimbus, appears out of thin air in the snowy doorway, just behind the thugs. It growls and snaps at the thug’s backside, nipping him causing the man to roar in pain. "Wha? Another caster a rich hall this will be." he says steping towards Barrik.

Swinging hard at the half-orc, Barrik catches the blade with his own, the feel of the vibrating metal bringing a tusky smile to his lips.

Aaron had spun around at the mention of surrendering, casting off the thought with a dismissal. Nodding as Marda grants him favor, as well as watching the half-orc move to meet the new threat, his own powers come to bear, as he meets the gaze of the talkative thug. Moving to where Barrik had stood, he was trained in a certain fashion, and it would seem to be needed now...

"By who's authority?" he asks.

Aaron then defends the stairs, and calls up, "Come on down... if you care to bleed.. Otherwise, leave... and you shall live." Grunts and booted feet at the top of the steps are the only reply, "Seems more are on the way." Aaron says over his shoulder, raising his sword in a two fisted batter's grip.

Torrent's opponent cathces her off guard as he feints and then brings his blow in hard connecting with the woman's unprotected face. The gash misses the eye but is still deep and bloody.

Suddenly the sounds from outside are louder, closer.

*thump, thump*

*thump, thump*

*thump*

*BOOM*

The Poison Apple Pub rocks as if struck by a giant warhammer...

Ceiling boards crack and buckle, and the flaming oil spraying around upstairs leaks down into the room like a fiery rain. Overhead, a handful of screams sound out as the remaining scouts are caught in the flaming burst and slain. A dying scout stumbles down the stairs, on fire. The bronze bust of Emperor Coaltongue falls off the wall and lands with a thud.

Marda screams as some of the oil lands on her hand. The flame also catches the thug fighting Barrik but he is hardly aware of it as he stands toe to toe with the big half-orc, eyes and blades locked tight on each other.

Shade dodges out of the way as she sees a burning scout coming rolling down the stairs.

Aaron stares at the scout that tumbled down the stairs like a rolling fireball. Dead and still ablaze Aaron takes his gaze off the crumpled form in the corner and back to the steps. And is shocked to see a half-orc standing at the bottom of the steps staring at the body as well.

A mere second passes as they both come out of their stupors and act. Aaron swings and the half orc ducks. Aarons blade bites deep into the wall missing his target. Ducking under the weapon, caught in the wall, the half-orc brings his sap up hard and hits the young man under his chin. Stars fly infront of Aaron's eyes and his tongue explodes in pain from his biting it.

Shade reacts to the to combatants with a swing of her own. It connects and goes deep into the half-orcs gut causing a deadly wound.

Torrent with blood all over her face swings wildly and the thug easily dodges the blow.

At the door way the summoned hound yelps in pain of it's own as two more thugs go to work on it.

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character               AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Marda                   19   [COLOR=orange]7[/COLOR]  mace&shield/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Barrik                  16  12  falchion/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Celestial Dog           13   [COLOR=yellow]7[/COLOR]  na/none (1/10 rounds)
Thug1                   15   [COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]  s.sword/none
Thug2                   15   6  s.sword/none
Fantalass               [COLOR=royalblue]19[/COLOR]   5  none/magearmor;totaldef;[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Aaron                   17   [COLOR=yellow]7[/COLOR]  b.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout3                  15   [COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]  sap/none
Shade                   16   9  raiper&s.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout4                  15  11  sap/none
Torrent                 15  [COLOR=yellow]10[/COLOR]  battleaxe/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Thug5                   15   6  s.sword/none
Thug6                   15   6  s.sword/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665449/ - INIT NPC
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665453/ - Fantalass init
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665455/ - Reflex saves
Fantalass mage armor and full defense
Marda casts bless - effects everyone
Barrik cast spell - need info
Shade - delay
Aaron - ready action vs scout
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665888/ c.dog att
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665916/ thugs hit dog for 6 hp
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665970/ Aaron's ready action
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665974/ Torrent's att
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665978/ Scout vs Aaron = hit for 5 nonlethal
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2665980/ thugs one and two = one missed, two hit for 7 damage [/sblock]

Attachments

• PAP2-edit.jpg
    PAP2-edit.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Whew!!]
Ok that was fun, but long. :D Everything is updated here are some notes.

The little "campfires" are burning debris with a some of them still getting firey oil from the ceiling. They count as difficult terrian and if you pass through one of those squares you need to make a Reflex save DC10 or take 1d6 fire damage.

Had Shade delay and would have attacked had someone came in range but thay didn't sorry.

Characters are posted in the combat block in Init order, and Aaron got bumped down do to ready action.

Well the first official round of the first combat is officially done. On to round two, and more. :p [/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
(( OOC: Do you still want us to post in sblock? And are you doing all the rolls, or want us to do so if our action requires? ))

Marda clenches her teeth to ignore the burn and attempts to catch her bearings after the explosion. She catches that a few of her new companions have also taken some injury, Torrent the brunt of it from some nasty thug. She raises her arm high into the air, still clutching her mace. "I call forth the power of Garcenyes to restore the harm that has come to her allies in this cause!" The darkened birthmark takes on a silver glow yet again, as there is a wash of holy power over most within the room.

((Exclude thug1 with selective channeling... and Channel Energy (1d6=1+3 = 4 :())

The dwarf then moves to the end of the stairway (thru Aaron and not thru the flames) and raises her shield and awaits the coming thugs.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik steps to the side and whistles for his dog, swinging his falchion in an uppercut aimed at carving the thug up vertically. Meanwhile, the dog jumps forward and tries to bite the scumbag again.

[sblock=OOC]
HM, did you just add the incantation for style in the combat round post? I ask because the Summon Monster ability is a Spell-Like and has no components; it just happens when I want it to.

But for this round, Barrik takes a 5-ft. step to the east (assuming the top of the map is North) and Dog takes 5-ft. step north. Both attack Thug 1 (Dog uses Smite Evil, just in case) and should gain Flanking with each other. Of course, this is assuming Dog is still around... If Dog is reduced to 0 HP, still 5-ft. step forward to flank, but no attack.
And if you would please roll these for me, HM (IC and I have a mutual hatred):
Barrik's attack +2 (+4 if flanking) and damage 2d4+3 (+1 more if flanking).
Dog's attack +2 (+4 if flanking) and damage 1d4+1.

Barrik AC 16, HP 12/12
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Mending, Read Magic
1st-level (0/2 cast): Enlarge Person, Shield
Summon Monster I: 1/4 cast.

Celestial Dog AC 13, HP X/6 (unsure on damage, as it looks like the roll was 6, but you only applied 1 to its Augmented HP)
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually I specifically stated that Shade was hiding in that square with the boxes at the bottom of the stairs, and is now directly adjacent to #3 which she will use her readied full attack on, from hiding (no dex to AC and +2 to hit, and dealing an extra 1d6+1 dmg with each).[/sblock]As the guard steps onto the bottom of the stairs, Shade lashes out with her readied weapons from the dancing shadows of the fire. Her rapier stabs the unsespecting man strait through the throat as the blackened short blade slides off his armored chest. A gout of blood spraying his companion behind him across the waist.

[sblock=Readied Action]Full Attack vs #3: Rapier threat=24, 2d6+2=8, Crit confirmed=24, 1d6+2=5
and Short Sword=9, 2d6+2=9[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
The bash from the foe was unexpected, and Aaron paid dearly for not thinking more quickly. As he licks his wound, the familiar warmth of his patron washes over him, as he nods to Marda. Turning back to the thugs, Aaron points a finger to his foes, stating, "Justice will be swift..."[sblock=If Marda is at more than 5HP by Aaron's Turn]He attacks the most easily discernible foe, not caring if the bottom stairwell blocks his view, as his bastard sword flashes quickly towards the foe. Hopefully it would find its mark this time, as his own powers come forth, guiding his weapon ever so slightly. His judgment calls for Justice (+1 to attacks for Aaron). Attack Thug (1d20+6=16)[/sblock][sblock=If Marda is injured and at 5hp or lower]"Not on my watch!" he calls out, his hand reaching to the dwarven cleric. "May she see fit to aid her warriors in battle.." he mutters while his hand releases the healing of Gracenys onto her chosen cleric. As the wounds heal, Healing for Marda (1d8+1=2) Aaron adds, "Fight defensively, remember our training!"[/sblock]Stepping back a small step (East 5 feet), Aaron reminds Marda, "Step back - Double Up!" He motions to the spot he just vacated, hoping that Marda would move back and allow their attacks to be coordinated.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

Sorry no fluff this is the third time I have tried to post this. :erm:

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character               AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Marda                   19   [COLOR=white]8[/COLOR]  mace&shield/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Barrik                  16  12  falchion/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Celestial Dog           13   [COLOR=#ffff00]5[/COLOR]  na/none (2/10 rounds)
Thug1                   15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  s.sword/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Thug2                   15   6  s.sword/none
Fantalass               [COLOR=royalblue]19[/COLOR]   5  none/magearmor;totaldef;[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Aaron                   17  [COLOR=orange]11[/COLOR]  b.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout3                  15 [COLOR=red]-[/COLOR][COLOR=red]10[/COLOR]  sap/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Shade                   16   9  raiper&s.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout4                  15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  sap/[I][COLOR=red]dead[/COLOR][/I]
Torrent                 15  [COLOR=orange]14 [/COLOR]battleaxe/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Thug5                   15   6  s.sword/none
Thug6                   15   [COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]  s.sword/[I][COLOR=sienna]prone[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
First I changed the postion of Shade in post #42, so Marda couldn't get close to the steps but moved her closer as I believe that was your intent.

RECAP:
Marda - channel energy
Barrik - kills thug #1
Celestial Dog - hits and trips thug #6
Thug1 - dead
Thug2 - misses
Fantalass - total def
Aaron - kills scout #3
Scout3 - dead
Shade - 5' step kills scout #4
Scout4 - dead
Torrent - misses
Thug5 - hits dog
Thug6 - crawls away

ROLLS:
Roll Lookup - dead thug
Roll Lookup - thug misses torrent
Roll Lookup - torrent misses
Roll Lookup - damage to thug from dog is tripped
Roll Lookup - hits dog possible crit
Roll Lookup - no crit

TOP OF ROUND #3 [/sblock]

Attachments

• PAP3.jpg
    PAP3.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"You know, Caty, we should perhaps help them..." The cat jumps from Fantalass' lap as he straightens up. He forcefully points at the nearest thug, but the small acid drop simply lands on the table, leaving a small smoldering hole... "Oops..."

[sblock=OOC]

Acid dart (1d20+2=5, 1d6+1=2) at thug 2. Miss

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Remove ads