WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalss throws another glob of acid at the same rider as before.

[sblock=OOC]

The horse man should have been 1 less HP. You forgot the point blank bonus (acid dart has only the same range the feat provides the bonus.

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 4/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Marda makes quick work of another red armband horseman with her axe. While Fantalass stops short from casting a spell at the now dead man. He waits and watches should any of the enemy give him an opportunity.

The horseman near Torrent throws his tanglefoot bag at the warrior priestess and misses badly. "You dolt!" Kathor screams "Take out the wizard, he is worth extra gold!" Kicking his horse the man starts to ride by Torrent as the crossbowman closes in with his sap raised. He never makes it by as the woman plants her axe deep into his back while ducking the crossbowman's swing. Bringing the blooded blade out quickly she catches the crossbowman with the other end, now both are marked red and dripping. "There will be no gold, extra or otherwise for any of you." she says in a cold voice.

Barrik, Shade, and Aaron trade blows and parries with the heavily armored warrior. Barrik gets an idea and aims for the man's mount catching the man off guard and drawing a fat red line across he horses flank. Kathor then tries the same against Shade as her horse is noticeably wounded by the crossbow bolt sticking form it's chest. He brings his great sword around, but the quick rogue catches it with both her blades right above her horse's head.

"I don't think so,"she hisses at him."I told you, it is your life that ends today!"

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/none
horse         11  15  none/none
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Yellow]24 [/COLOR] b.axe/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];8hp NL
horse         11  [COLOR=Red] [COLOR=Orange]4  [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White]n[/COLOR]one/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   [COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]  sap/none
Aaron         [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20  [/COLOR][COLOR=White]21[/COLOR]  b.sword/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield of faith;judgement-protection[/COLOR][/I]
Shade         16  18  swords/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20[/COLOR]  20  falchion/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield[/COLOR][/I]
horse         11  [COLOR=White]15  no[/COLOR]ne/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow] 8[/COLOR]   none/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]TotalD[/I][/COLOR]
horse         13  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Fantalass     11   8  none/[COLOR=Lime][I]delay[/I][/COLOR]
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]10[/COLOR]  none/none
Kathor        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]21[/COLOR]  24  g.sword/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]shield
[/I][/COLOR]horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  none/none
Horseman1     17  [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Horseman2     17 [COLOR=Red]-13[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red]dead[/COLOR]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Marda - attack/hits (kills horseman #1)
Torrent - attack crossbowman hits dmg = 5; AoO vs horseman #2 hits(crits & kills)
Crossbowman - attack Torrent/miss
Aaron - Attack Kathor/miss
Shade - Attack Kathor/miss
Barrik - Attack Kathor's horse/hit (mounted combat fails) dmg = 8 pts.
eidolon - ready action same
Renard - total D
Fantalass - delay... Did not expend acid dart useage.
Horseman2 - throws TFbag and attempts to move in on Fantalass - Killed by Torrent first
Kathor - Attack Shade's mount/miss
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Guantlet4.jpg
    Guantlet4.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Give up now... you will not win..."

Aaron spies his advantage, knowing that with numbers, Kathor is not going anywhere. His blade swings swiftly, hoping to get through the man's defenses.

Yet again, the armored figure easily deflects the blow. Hopefully the others would prove to have better luck than himself...

AC20

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik keeps up his nasty smile. "Boy's got a point, bounty hunter. Most of your men are dead and you're surrounded. Can't last forever," the magic-wielding half-orc chuckles as he aims another falchion strike against the horse.

The eidolon barks something in a harsh, cruel-sounding language...

[sblock=Orc]
Master, let me finish this one and join you! To slay the foes of Barrik!
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Barrik takes another standard attack against the horse. Eidolon moves 1 Right, 2 Down, 1 Left to get between Kathor and Renard, just in case.

AC 20, FF 18 (+4 bonus from Shield, lasts 18 rounds). HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 1/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda will slide in behind this Kathor figure... "Gracenyes, grant him his just rewards..." And swipes with her dwarven axe, which knocks soildly against an invisible barrier saving the man from a nasty hit.

((1d20+6=16 Miss))

Vertexx69

First Post
The sun sinks into the deep black paint of the rogues silver mask, giving back not even a hint of a reflection save that in her cruel blue eyes. but the suns beams do find a highly reflective surface in the armor of the heavy cavalry unit, fouling the rouges aim once more.
Rapier vs Kathor (1d20+6=10, 2d6+2=10)
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2874719/]Shortsword vs Kathor (1d20+4=16, 2d6+1=6)[/URL]

OOC - and here are those regular rolls I always mention when people call me a power gamer.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Torrent and the crossbowman continue to fight the others surround Kathor. He deflects a few blows but relies heavily on his armor and spell to protect himself. Then to the shock of all those involved he answers Aaron and Barrik by throwing his great sword point first into the dirt.

"Alright then I surrender," Kathor says holding his metal guantleted hands up. "Hern stop!" he yells at the crossbowman after he delivers a viscous shot to Torrent. The man looks smug as though he didn't surrender and he has you all where he wants you. "What do you plan to do with me and my men? Take us into custody and back to the city?... No?" He says in mock shock.

"You have something more important to do perhaps?"

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/none
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Yellow][COLOR=White]25[/COLOR] [/COLOR] b.axe/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];11hp NL
horse         11  [COLOR=Red] [COLOR=Orange]4  [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White]n[/COLOR]one/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   [COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]  sap/none
Aaron         [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20  [/COLOR][COLOR=White]21[/COLOR]  b.sword/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield of faith;judgement-protection[/COLOR][/I]
Shade         16  18  swords/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20[/COLOR]  20  falchion/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield[/COLOR][/I]
horse         11  [COLOR=White]15  no[/COLOR]ne/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow] 8[/COLOR]   none/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]TotalD[/I][/COLOR]
horse         13  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Fantalass     11   8  none/[COLOR=Lime][I]ready[/I][/COLOR]
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]10[/COLOR]  none/none
Kathor        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]21[/COLOR]  24  g.sword/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]shield
[/I][/COLOR]horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]7[/COLOR]  none/none
Horseman1     17  [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Horseman2     17 [COLOR=Red]-13[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red]dead[/COLOR]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Marda - move, attack/miss
Torrent - attack/miss
Crossbowman - attack/hit dmg = 8 NL
Aaron - attack/miss
Shade - attack/miss
Barrik - attack/miss
eidolon - ready/guard
Renard - Tota Defense
Fantalass - ready/acid dart
Kathor - surrenders/none
[/sblock]

EDIT: Marda's healing of Torrent below already added in.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik grunts, concealing his satisfaction (and to be honest, relief). "First smart thing you've done all day, I'd wager. We'll take your weapons and horses, then let you walk back to Gate Pass. Oh, and we'll take your spell components. Though I'm sure the Ragesians would be interested in you for them. But we'll let you walk after telling us just why you were so intent on stopping us... The bounties aren't so great to go through all this trouble. You have something more important to do with us, perhaps?" the half-orc asks in a mocking tone.

The eidolon sits, watching Renard with keen eyes. It seems almost eager for him to make a move, to attempt escape or attack, so it can finish him off.

Vertexx69

First Post
"Surrender? What kind of pathetic excuse for an invalid invader do you think you are? I should slit your throat on general principal! You set fire to a non-aggressive city in a neighboring kingdom and then expect mercy when you fail you moronic blowhard?" Holding her masked face not an inch from Kathor's after she rips off his helmet. Before he can can spout off some kind uppity remark, the cold tip of her blackened rapier is pressed hard under his chin to emphasize his tenuous position.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You got me wrong missy, I'm no Ragesian. I'm just trying to make a living in the world and they have the gold." Kathor says eying the dark blade without moving his head.

Torrent moves up to stand near the group of mounted people, the crossbowman's weapons in her hands. "That's not what you were hinting at. Barrik is right the bounties can't be worth all this trouble. Tell us what they were paying you for."

"Why we were paid to stop you at any cost and bring any papers you might posses back." Kathor says showing a little more of his coolness even though the blade scratches at his throat as he talks. "A bonus to be paid for any live spellcasters."

"And how much to get at these... papers,"
Torrent asks.

"Ten-thousand gold,"
he replies.

Remove ads