WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade sheaths her blades as she spurs (metaphorically, as she doesn't have them on her sheet) her horse on down the trail. She draws her bow while pursuing the fleeing enemies that had the audacity to shoot at her of all people.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron quickly mounts the horse nearby as he gathers the reins. He turns, asking, "Maybe one of us should shut the horn blower up?"

OOC - Awaiting a confirmation. If anyone else agrees, he will head up the bend to the horn blower... intent on taking him out. Otherwise, stay with group...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Aaron mounts he asks about the horn blower. Marda says something about catching up to the others and starts out, so he follows. Perhaps rounding the corner out of sight will be enough to stop the horn blowers warnings.

As Shade draws in close and draws here bow she sees the bowman's horse go down in front of Barrik and the man's companion tear into him. He raises a spiked gauntlet at the wolf like creature and miss as the agile creature moves. "Kathor!" the man bellows and the name echoes off the walls of the ravine, obviously he is not ready to surrender.

Fantalass moves by the heavy combat to speak with Torrent as she rises up off the ground. As he offers to have her mount up a cossbow bolt whistle past Torrent and into the chest of the elf's horse. Fantalass feels the beast shutter under him from the bolt but it remains standing.

"Looks like that horse has seen better days. I know mine has,"
Torrent says drawing her axe. "We best stop these guys before they kill all our horses."

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/none
horse         11  15  none/none
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Yellow]24 [/COLOR] b.axe/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   6  c.bow/none
Aaron         17  [COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  b.sword/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];5hp NL
Shade         16  18  bow/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        16  20  falchion/none
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]13[/COLOR]  none/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        16  [COLOR=Yellow]16[/COLOR]  l.bow/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I]  
horse         13  [COLOR=Red]-6[/COLOR] none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Fantalass     11   8  reins/none
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]0[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Orange]staggered[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Guantlet fight.jpg
    Guantlet fight.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik keeps his mount steady as he snarls "You can't see you've lost? Accept your defeat!" The red mist of his forebears creeps into the edges of his vision as the half-orc aims a heavy downward stroke at the fallen foe while the menacing eidolon snaps at the human.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard attack against Renard. If absolutely necessary, dismount to do so as a Move action. Eidolon also attacks. I included the Flanking bonus but not the Prone modifier, since that goes to his AC, not my attack. Unless you just want me to speed it up for such in the future...

AC 16, FF 14. HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 0/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Should we heal up the horses and be on our way, or deal with this Kathor? I say we head back and take care of him now..."

Aaron takes note of the call, trying to verify that it was being called to the location of the horn blowing or elsewhere... He prepares a small spell for the foe, should this Kathor show himself... but hesitates when he spies the wounded ally.

Moving quickly, he confers on him the healing power of Gracenys, hoping that his heart is pure enough to allow the healing. "Should your heart be pure, Gracenys blessing will aid."

READYING ACID SPLASH for the foe, should he show himself..

Casting Cure Light Wounds 1d8+2

Seeing the healing falter a little, Aaron can only sigh slightly. Apparently, the wounded warrior was not fully open to the healing power of Gracenys, for he was found only slightly pure of heart...

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade is riding on angrily after the fleeing scouts hollering out over her shoulder as she fires off several arrows. "These are just scouts for the advancing army! If they get away we'll be hounded by way too many more of these simpering, cowardly cretins before we can get where we're going!" And its several more moments before she realizes she is alone in her persuit.
OOC: OOC - If you want to fire off a couple arrows for effect , I seriously doubt she can hit anything with that -8 modifier for firing from a running mount. (for a total modifier of -4 to hit).

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"We should all get together and let the priest conjure another wave of positive energy. It will patch up us and the horses. We need to keep going!" Fantalss suggests as he rides to the middle of the group.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torrent moves up towards the crossbowman to stop him from getting in another shot. as she reaches nim he drops his crossbow and in one motion draws his sap and connects the warrior cleric in the side of the head.

Shade had shot at him but found mounted archery not to her liking. She starts to pull the horse up as she hears another group of riders coming in hard. Before she can scream out a warning three more horseman bearing the red armband turn the corner to enter the fight. The one in the center is heavily armored and a glowing transparent shield hovers beside him.

"Oh I surrender. But good luck getting the same from Kathor." Renard almost chuckles to Barrik.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/[COLOR=Lime][I]delay[/I][/COLOR]
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Yellow]24 [/COLOR] b.axe/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];8hp NL
horse         11  [COLOR=Red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   6  c.bow/none
Aaron         17  [COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  b.sword/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];5hp NL
Shade         16  18  bow/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        16  20  falchion/none
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]13[/COLOR]  none/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow] 8[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]TotalD[/I][/COLOR]  
horse         13  [COLOR=Red]-7[/COLOR] none/[I][COLOR=Red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
Fantalass     11   8  none/none
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]4[/COLOR]  none/none
Kathor        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]21[/COLOR]  24  g.sword/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]shield
[/I][/COLOR]horse         11  15  none/none
Horseman1     17  11  TFbag/none
Horseman2     17  11  TFbag/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Marda - delays
Torrent - double move
Crossbowman - attacks Torrent/hit dmg= 8NL
Aaron - casts cure light (on horse I'm assuming sounded like you wanted to cast it on the bad guy.)
Shade - attacks crossbowman/miss
Barrik - attacks Renard/hit dmg = 8
eidolon - eidolon attack Renard/miss
Renard - total defense
Fantalass - none/speak free
Horseman1&2 - double moved into combat
Kathor - double move into combat
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Guantlet2.jpg
    Guantlet2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 57