WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Here's the map I was readying for last round but as their is only one bad guy on it didn't think it was needed.

-Still need Aaron's actions this round (I think stand from prone and draw weapon were last round).
-Shade's actions this round.

No need for chase map but I do need to know who immediately follows and who waits for Aaron to get back on his horse or wants to take out the crossbowman. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Rd3.jpg
    Rd3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
((Marda was on her way to the crossbow man at the end of her turn. She will deal with him and can swing around to pick up or hook up with Aaron.))

Marda makes her way to the man raining bolts down upon her companions. Closing in she will attack the man with her trusty axe... her attack missing as the man is able to dodge out of the way in time.

((To hit 1d20+4=8))

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
OOC - Yes, Stand and draw weapon last round...

Aaron spies the enemies falling quickly, as the crossbowman stands alone. Without much thought, he charges the foe, intent on making sure he would not harm the others anymore. His blade comes forth as he clashes into the foe...

His blade creases the armor, slicing through the entrails of the man as he falls bleeding out. With a look of disdain, Aaron glances around, seeking more foes.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik snarls and gives his mount a quick spur, swiftly urging it after the fleeing foe. "Stand and fight, damn you!" escapes his tusked lips as he rushes after the retreating archer. The wolf-beast snarls in a voice similar to its master as it lopes along.

[sblock=If I get close enough for melee]
The half-orc closes in and mutters, "I am sorry. Your master forced me to this," as he takes a swing at the horse's flank. He hopes not to kill the animal, just make it drop the rider, but knows that may not be possible.
And if its master misses the target (as he has done with every strike today), the gray-green canine will again bite at the beast.
[/sblock]

[sblock=If I can't get in a melee strike, but am within 30 ft]
Barrik snarls as the distance between increases. Even as his horse keeps up the mad pace, he begins a chant, trying to focus well enough to call up the blob of acid and flick it at the horse.
(OOC: Actions results pending on dice...)
But the horse's crazed, hastened galloping makes it too difficult to focus on magic.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
There's two possible actions, as I'm not quite sure where I will end up. If Barrik can't get within 30 ft, he just chases. And a quick summary of each:
Attempt to Spur Mount as Move action (DC 15 to get +10 ft. to speed, deals 1d3 damage to horse if check succeeds) and move alongside Renard again.
Melee: falchion attack against horse.
Not melee: Concentration to cast Acid Splash, targeting the horse.

AC 16, FF 14. HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 0/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Fight is only over (for you) if you don't follow the bowman who went down the ravine. Note: The same way that Torrent went. ;)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Top of a new round

Easily dispatching the crossbowman the group stands alone and minus Torrent and Barrik. Another blast of the horn comes from the area where this ambush started, and everyone has the same thought. They must be warning others up the ravine.

Barrik rounds the bend almost catches the mounted bowman. As he thinks of a spell to lash out with the jostling of the horse breaks his concentration. He notices ahead of him that Torrent's horse is down and she is lying in the dirt. Another crossbowman stands in the underbrush reloading his weapon.

[sblock=Notes]Am taking DM's purgative not to roll and have bad things happen to NPCs to make for a better story. ;) (will only do this once per module)

-Aaron is 25' from his mount.
-Barrik and eidolon are 10' from Renard and his horse
-Renard is 30' from Torrent[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/none
horse         11  15  none/none
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Orange]24[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Orange]prone[/COLOR][/I]
horse         11  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR]  none/[COLOR=Red][I]dying[/I][/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   6  c.bow/none
Aaron         17  [COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  b.sword/[I][COLOR=Lime]dismounted[/COLOR][/I];5hp NL
horse         11  15  none/none
Shade         16  18  blades/[I][COLOR=Cyan]delay[/COLOR][/I]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        16  20  falchion/none
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]13[/COLOR]  none/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        16  20  l.bow/none  
horse         13   [COLOR=Orange]4 [/COLOR] none/none
Fantalass     11   8  reins/none
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  none/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Ambush3.jpg
    Ambush3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 53

Songdragon

Explorer
With the crossbowman dispatches, and at the sounds of the horn again... She looks to the others, "Let us catch up with the others..." she waits a few moment for Aaron and moves her mount into a light gallop to catch the others.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik passes by Torrent, focused on the enemy. With a sharp whistle, the half-orc sends the eidolon at the flanks of the archer's horse while he wheels his horse around in front, trying to block any more attempts at flight. "Surrender now!" erupts as a shout from the half-orc as he swings at the horse and the wolf-monster simultaeneously bites.

[sblock=OOC]
You said I was 10 feet away, so here goes. Move action to go around Renard and get in front of his horse. Eidolon goes to back of his horse. We both attack the horse (though if the horse goes down from Barrik, I suppose the eidolon will attack Renard). And I factored Flanking into the rolls this time.

AC 16, FF 14. HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 0/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

Remove ads