WOTBS - The Inquisitor (spoilers)

sfedi

First Post
Yes, you're right.

I fail to capture well the flavor of the Inquisitor's in 4E, not only because of the fuzzines of Arcane and not-Arcane, but because I don't know much more about the campaign and the further appearances of Inquisitor's.

So, if you deem appropiate to counterpsell Implement powers, that's a go.

Thanks!

Here's the revised version of the above power:

Reactive Counterspell (immediate interrupt, 2/encounter)
When hit by an implement power, attacker must reroll it's attack and use the new result.

Daern

Explorer
My game has been delayed by the holidays so I ran a test battle with Boreas against 4 3rd level characters plus Torrent. I TPKed myself. The Ragesian forces included
3 Orc Bolters (one on the stable and two flanking Boreas)
1 Krenshar
1 Orog Champion riding
1 Clawfoot
6 skeletons
Boreas (9th level Elite Controller)

So, Boreas was definitely too high in level. I'll knock him down, but I'd like to mention how I built him. I wish I could post it but I haven't figured out how.
In this iteration, Boreas has a Inquisitor Claws and a Rend (double claw), Cloud of Fear (damage and daze) as a minor at Range 5, Vengeance Barrier and Rebuke Arcane Magic.
I think the Rebuke should apply to most magic-like effects or zones applied to Boreas. Basically, anything not martial or divine I guess.
I realized that I had been reading Vengeance Barrier wrong. I'm glad I figured it out. Being able to reposition potentially the whole party is pretty great. And it serves to highlight the Burning Sky yet again. (I had thought Boreas repositioned his allies, which seemed like a terrible idea.)
Anyways, I'm glad I did a practice run, and now I'm more jazzed than ever to get to the actual end of this first module.

sfedi

First Post
My game has been delayed by the holidays so I ran a test battle with Boreas against 4 3rd level characters plus Torrent. I TPKed myself. The Ragesian forces included
3 Orc Bolters (one on the stable and two flanking Boreas)
1 Krenshar
1 Orog Champion riding
1 Clawfoot
6 skeletons
Boreas (9th level Elite Controller)
What?!?!?
What XP is that worth for? What encounter level is that?

For that party, a level 6 encounter, which is VERY dangerous, the budget would be 1000 XP.

So, Boreas was definitely too high in level. I'll knock him down, but I'd like to mention how I built him. I wish I could post it but I haven't figured out how.
In the Monster Builder once you make it you can right click on it, Copy as Rich Text and paste it on the forum quite well.

If that fails, you could quote my post of Boreus above, remove the quote tags, modify the stat block and post yours.

I think the Rebuke should apply to most magic-like effects or zones applied to Boreas. Basically, anything not martial or divine I guess.
Note what RangerWickett told me above.

I realized that I had been reading Vengeance Barrier wrong. I'm glad I figured it out. Being able to reposition potentially the whole party is pretty great. And it serves to highlight the Burning Sky yet again. (I had thought Boreas repositioned his allies, which seemed like a terrible idea.)
Anyways, I'm glad I did a practice run, and now I'm more jazzed than ever to get to the actual end of this first module.
Cool :)

Well, it's not a perfect thematic match. For instance, an inquisitor in 3.5 could have forced a succubus to reveal her true form by dispelling disguise self, but it's hard to make a 4e mechanic work right so that it can affect NPCs and monsters.

Of course, I'm always in favor of a little GM hand-waving if it fits thematically.

Daern

Explorer
Yeah, I'm trying to make a "just this side of TPK" encounter, hence all the added stuff, but I jacked it up a little too much.

@ RW -I'm into handwaving as well. Basically, I want the inquisitor to scare the pants off the players, send them scattering and on fire and laugh off the spells they lay down on him.

I'll try to figure out this rich text thing... I'm not usually so computer illiterate.

Remove ads