• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC 2006 January through April releases

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
/delurk

I finally have to say it....Kobolds are not related to dragons, IMHO. Still the coolest little nuisances around...can you say Tucker's?

But more related to gremlins.

/lurk

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
With the possible exception of the maps, I see nothing on that list that interests me. For the past year I've been feeling more and more that WotC is producing products for someone other than me. It looks like the process is now just about complete.

Ah well, I can still spend money on Green Ronin's and Necromancer's releases.

Knight Otu

First Post
Races of the Dragon should be interesting, and I'm sort of glad to see that the Races series can continue. The dragonborn don't remind me of the Mojh, really. From their description, it made me think more of the Prestige Race concept (I believe from Oathbound?).

Player's Guide to Eberron - that's a product that's been requested for some time now. Really, most characters shouldn't know those bits about Kaius III or the Blood of Vol.

Tome of Magic: Three magic rule systems. The name Pact Magic evokes different images than the description. Pact magic to me would be the caster making a, well, pact with a powerful creature to channel/syphon/etc some of the creature's power into himself, for a price. The description sounds more like what we've heard about Magic of Incarnum.
Shadow Magic is a field that certainly allows more options than the "official" rules has given it so far. The Scarred Lands had a certain focus on Shadow magic, on the other hand.
True Name magic... many true name systems have seen the light of day. Let's see the Wizards take now.

Power of Faerûn has the sound that it might very well get into "Rule your own Nation" game... It may contain epic content, as a few other books before.

Complete Psionics... add me to the list of "I'd never have thought they'd actually print that!"

RichGreen

Adventurer
Buttercup said:
With the possible exception of the maps, I see nothing on that list that interests me. For the past year I've been feeling more and more that WotC is producing products for someone other than me. It looks like the process is now just about complete.

I'm very underwhelmed by this list too, but I've enjoyed the last few Wizards products I've bought (DMG II, Lords of Madness, City of Splendours). I'd rather see interesting regional sourcebooks for Forgotten Realms and Eberron than more player/power gamer crunchy books. Oh well.

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:

A'koss

Explorer
The adventure has piqued my interest, but I'd certainly would want to know more about it first. The Keep maps might also be useful, if interesting enough, but apart from that nothing is really grabbing me here...

Kae'Yoss

First Post
SkidAce said:
I finally have to say it....Kobolds are not related to dragons

I bet you're a dragon and try to conceal the racial shame of creating those scaled rats. I've said it before and I'll say it again: No matter how cute that wererat looks in its human form, don't polymorph to mate with it, nothing good can come of it! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads