• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC CB Multiclass Feat Issues

Ryujin

Legend
I couldn't find MCing, at all, for Essentials Characters. Maybe they're holding it back until the Essentials-specific MC rules come out?

Caerin

First Post
I couldn't find MCing, at all, for Essentials Characters. Maybe they're holding it back until the Essentials-specific MC rules come out?

Yeah, the quick Essentials option doesn't allow you to multi-class. If you go with the custom creation options, though, you can basically create an Essentials character and have access to more options, including the existing multi-class feats.

mysticknight232

First Post
I'd like to add another MC feat problem to the list that I haven't seen listed anywhere either. When you MC, you typically gain skill training in one skill that's part of the MC class you're choosing. I am playing a Shaman MC Ardent for the extra heal and Diplomacy skill. When I selected the MC Ardent feat in the CB, it then prompted me to choose my bonus skill. The Ardent has 9 class skills and the CB only gave me the option of choosing 5 of the 9 skills...and diplomacy wasn't one of them (diplomacy, bluff and intimidate and arcana weren't available for me to choose). I was still able to choose diplomacy after I typed it in the search box at the top, at which point the option would appear and the other 5 would disappear.

If I was new to DnD or the CB and didn't know what the classes have to offer, then I'm would have missed out on 4 of the 9 choices that class has to offer. I haven't tried other MC builds yet to see if this is a MC feat issue or just an Ardent MC feat issue, but this is another area where the CB fails gloriously.

Edit: Also, I tried reporting the issue to WotC but the help button doesn't work for me, which just irratates me more.

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah, the quick Essentials option doesn't allow you to multi-class. If you go with the custom creation options, though, you can basically create an Essentials character and have access to more options, including the existing multi-class feats.

Seems odd, since you're supposed to be able to go back and "customize" a quick Essentials character.

gourdcaptain

First Post
It's kinda embarassing when the online builder is this buggy but the various fan projects using CBLoader to implement this in the old builder are less buggy. (To be fair, I haven't seen one that fully implements essentials yet, but they've had less time to work on it).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads