• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoTC Gelatinous Cube Mini - Empty or not?

Felix

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Just did a search on Gelatinous Cube Miniature. Found that article rgard mentioned (it is by Sean K. Reynolds), and found a whole bunch of really cool looking Gelatinous Cube minis out there, along with several descriptions of how to make them. I see what Wizards is saying about it being a bit too difficult to incorporate into their current process of making minis (and not cost effective), but if anyone's looking for GC minis, there's certainly a bunch out there available.
Link?

Kapture

First Post
Matchstick said:
I like the idea of making an open ended cube mini. Then you could put character minis inside of it when the cube sucked them in!

Yeah, see, I think the ochre jelly mini and spider swarm mini's were silly, cause you spend a lot of time inside the mini.

I used construction paper with a grid on it.

McBard

First Post
I'd take the G-cube with or without anything "inside". I'm more concerned with whether a G-cube can even be released at all. It seems all the techniques are too costly for it to be included as a random in a booster. I wonder if a "scenario pack" approach (like the Star Wars AT-ST box) would allow for a high enough sale price to cover the higher production cost. I think if done well enough, wouldn't many gamers pay $20 for such a G-cube scenario pack?

KB9JMQ

First Post
If they do it as a costly Icon Line Mini it had better be pretty big.
It would be cool if it had stuff floating in it but also had a spot to drop a mini or two into also.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Kapture said:
Yeah, see, I think the ochre jelly mini and spider swarm mini's were silly, cause you spend a lot of time inside the mini.

I used construction paper with a grid on it.

Swarm minis really need to be medium-size common pieces, as they are one of the few creatures that have no shape (ie any 4 contiguous squares). Having them medium-sized would help resolves this (with 4 medium figures to a swarm), and having a few dozen of them would then mean you'd be able to effectively simulate multiple swarms. It's better than a static 'large' base, which doesn't reflect the swarm well at all IMO.

I'm not much for a hollow gelatinous cube, however. I just don't see any great need to put another mini inside it. It should be enough for the DM to say that the PC is inside it (you can then just put the character mini aside briefly).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads