• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC: Mike Mearls and Rob Heinsoo change roles.

Ishmayl

First Post
This seems like a good thing - Mike has mentioned in his blog that he had several ideas for 4E that he was unable to push into development, and they seemed like good ideas. Maybe this will help with those things, maybe not, but I feel like Mike's a good choice for the head position there.

CaptainChaos

First Post
This doesn't seem like good news to me. I think Mearls has had a deleterious influence on the development of D&D. I'd rather see someone else in that role.

This doesn't seem like good news to me. I think Mearls has had a deleterious influence on the development of D&D. I'd rather see someone else in that role.

I disagree, but that's because I like most of D&D 4. I think more Mearls can only be good for my enjoyment of the game.

Of course, anyone not liking where D&D 4 went might also not like where Mearls will lead it too.

Personally I suggest hoping against that 4E will somehow take a turn in a different direction you prefer more. That will be reserved (if at all) for 5E. So, tune in again 8 years or so...

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Personally I suggest hoping against that 4E will somehow take a turn in a different direction you prefer more. That will be reserved (if at all) for 5E. So, tune in again 8 years or so...

Or in 3-4 years when 4ER or 5E come out. Why do you think Mike is getting more involved in design again? [/conspiracy]

Rob Heinsoo was the Lead Mechanical Designer for 4th edition: if you don't like how it's turned out, then he is probably more responsible than Mike Mearls.

OTOH, if like me you like 4e, the Rob is someone you thank for it.

Remove ads