D&D 5E Wotc needs to clean up retail shelves

aramis erak

Legend
I'm looking for a new button that says, "Laugh at this thread," but I can't find it. :(

Not at the thread - at the individual post.

It looks like:
xp.png
Give XP for this post
laugh.png
Laugh Laugh at this post

except it's at the bottom of the post's space in a shaded bar.

Agamon

Adventurer
Not at the thread - at the individual post.

It looks like:
xp.png
Give XP for this post
laugh.png
Laugh Laugh at this post

except it's at the bottom of the post's space in a shaded bar.

I appreciate the helpful reply...but I was just trying to make a comment about how this isn't as big of a deal as some are wont to make it. :)

rollcrit

First Post
I'm looking for a new button that says, "Laugh at this thread," but I can't find it. :(

That seems a bit harsh. I actually think the original post makes a great point. In this day and age of mobile games, video games and other forms of entertainment, as a community we should be encouraging new and young players as much as we can. Looking at that photo of the retail shelf, I do see a lot of missed opportunity in bringing in new generations of players. Lets nor forget Wizards is now the underdog for the first time in history. They need this new edition to be a success, and that is an understatement.

Agamon

Adventurer
That seems a bit harsh. I actually think the original post makes a great point. In this day and age of mobile games, video games and other forms of entertainment, as a community we should be encouraging new and young players as much as we can. Looking at that photo of the retail shelf, I do see a lot of missed opportunity in bringing in new generations of players. Lets nor forget Wizards is now the underdog for the first time in history. They need this new edition to be a success, and that is an understatement.

I liked the pic. It's not like the books are all piled together in a confusing mish-mash. They each have their spot on the shelf. I thinks it's awesome going to the store and seeing the new reprints together on the shelf. The history of the game is important.

And if one has no idea what one is buying, one should either do some research or ask for help. That's good advice for anything, not just D&D books.

The OP mentioned that a 4e "Starter Set" was available. I'm assuming this is the 4e "Red Box", and therefore am wondering if it could be had for the retail price of $19.95 (or whatever). If so, it might make a good purchase; it's going for around $130 on amazon.com for a new copy, and around $50 for a used copy.

Remove ads