Dragonlance WotC Officially Confirms Takhisis and Tiamat Are The Same

It's been an issue in dispute for decades, over various editions of D&D, but WotC has officially confirmed that - at least in 5E - Dragonlance's Takhisis is, indeed, currently Tiamat. In previous editions, Tiamat has varied from being a big dragon to a minor goddess, while Takhisis has been a greater god on Krynn. At times they've been the same entity, and at others different entities. Today...

It's been an issue in dispute for decades, over various editions of D&D, but WotC has officially confirmed that - at least in 5E - Dragonlance's Takhisis is, indeed, currently Tiamat. In previous editions, Tiamat has varied from being a big dragon to a minor goddess, while Takhisis has been a greater god on Krynn. At times they've been the same entity, and at others different entities. Today, WotC is putting its foot down and saying that Takhisis and Tiamat are, indeed, the same being.

Of course, this is not an opinion universally held. Dragonlance co-creator Margaret Weis emphatically stated that "TAKHISIS IS NOT TIAMAT, DAMN IT!"

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 12.19.14 AM.png

Fizban's Treasuryof Dragons confirms that the beings echo across various settings.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
"She's rallied all of these disenfranchised people of Krynn who know that in the past they were so much more, so much greater. She's tempted all of them to her cause, whether they're humans or ogres or other creatures. She's brought her dragons back in secret. And she's united them into these multiple dragon armies."

Huh. Is WotC getting...political?

Scribe

Legend
"She's rallied all of these disenfranchised people of Krynn who know that in the past they were so much more, so much greater. She's tempted all of them to her cause, whether they're humans or ogres or other creatures. She's brought her dragons back in secret. And she's united them into these multiple dragon armies."

If that's what is going to pass for political in gaming, just close up shop.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I thought that Takhisis saying that she was going to make a "big announcement" exactly one week after new members of the Knightly Orders were elected (though some had yet to still be fully counted) was going a little too far.

Mod Note:
How to say, "I want to be removed from this discussion," without saying "I want to be removed from this discussion."

Folks, the rules still hold. Be smart. Thanks.

I didn't notice that. I did notice what Aldarc highlighted.
The dude made a bold divisive comment. They are so set in pinning everything down instead of leaving it to the players.

Remove ads

Remove ads