WotC puts a stop to online sales of PDFs

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(muses sadly, mutters something about 'The Narn of Turin')

I suppose then, that the new rule is: 4E, or Nothing. At least, for anyone and everyone new coming into the game of D&D.

HeinorNY

First Post
If we fail to police ourselves, we reap the consequences.

huh?
The people actually suffering the consequences are those who legally buy the PDFs.

The harder is for the pirate to put on an ilegal PDF, the more prestige he gets when he does it.
4E PDFs now gained an extra 100 prestige pts per book.

(muses sadly, mutters something about 'The Narn of Turin')

I suppose then, that the new rule is: 4E, or Nothing. At least, for anyone and everyone new coming into the game of D&D.
How come? The 4E PDFs are gone a well!

EDIT: Meaning that If you are going to start RPGing you can either buy a physical product (where 2nd hand you can get anything you want, or you can get 4E or other current games new) or you can buy PDF versions, except here you cannot buy 4E or any other DnD. If you were going to start DnD by using PDF (rather than physical product where this has changed nothing) now you have to go Pathfinder, True20 or something else. So this doesn't encourage 4E at all, it discourages newbies from starting any form of DnD at all!

And get your tin foil hats one they have closed down the thread on WotC boards now...Wizards Community - View Single Post - WotC halts sales/downloads from rpgnow.com

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
I have a question, and don't currently have the time to try and read all 20 pages of this thread to see if its been posed so far. :-(

Sorry if its a repeat.

Is it possible that WotC needed to temporarily stop the sales of PDF's to be able to give their case more weight?

I don't know anything about how these cases work, but it was just a thought.

It really just seems like a knee jerk reaction as many people have mentioned already to me.

JD

Is it possible that WotC needed to temporarily stop the sales of PDF's to be able to give their case more weight?
It is possible, we don't know. WotC hasn't had the common decency to tell their customers anything beyond
WotC_Trevor said:
Hey all. I wanted to step in and shine a mote of light on the subject. First off, this cesation of PDF sales has absolutely nothing to do with the Internet Sales Policy. I know it's the 6th of April and I can definitely see how the two would appear linked, but the truth is, this is a completely seperate matter.

Unfortunately, due to recent findings of illegal copying and online distribution (piracy) of our products, Wizards of the Coast has decided to cease the sales of online PDFs. We are exploring other options for digitial distribution of our content and as soon as we have any more information I'll get it to you.
Posted on this thread and WotC boards. (thanks Trevor at least it is something!)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Submitted my Request to cancel Auto-Renew to WotC.

:rant:

Received confirmation e-mail of request submission.

Request to cancel Auto-Renew [Incident: 090407-000510]

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:12 PM

From: "Wizards Customer Support" wizardscusthelp@wizards.com

To: ME @ yahoo.com

Thank you for contacting Wizards of the Coast!

Your question is important to us. We will make every effort to respond to your message within 2 business days or less.

This is a computer-generated response confirming that your email message has been received. Please do not respond to this message.

Please do not send multiple email messages (regarding the same subject) before you have received a response as this can cause confusion and possibly delay our response to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

:rant:

Awaiting e-mail of confirmation of cancellation.:D

Remove ads