• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC RECALLS Mordenkainen Tome of Foes (special edition only)

My FLGS just sold me a defective book, they even pointed out the printing error on the spine and said it's happened to the entire production run!
At least these few innocent books will be saved from the fires of hell.

It wasn't the entire production run. Mine is completely pristine, and I've heard of and seen examples of others in the same condition. But it does seem like a substantial portion of the production run was damaged in shipping, just not all...

Just picked up my copy in Providence, RI. It has minor scratches on the spine and very minor scuffing to front cover, which I probably would never have noticed if it weren't for the recall announcement.

Even having seen the damage, I couldn't care less about it. But then, to me D&D manuals are like cookbooks: if they're in pristine condition, they're either brand new or they suck.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I think I got mine with a minor scratch along the binding, that I didn't notice until now. I did notice that the pages were all wavy like they had been in excessive moisture though. I did not get my choice of special edition books to buy, since the store only had a limited # and I was on the preorder reserved list. I'm not sure I care enough to return it, though…

Chris Walz

First Post
I think I got mine with a minor scratch along the binding, that I didn't notice until now. I did notice that the pages were all wavy like they had been in excessive moisture though. I did not get my choice of special edition books to buy, since the store only had a limited # and I was on the preorder reserved list. I'm not sure I care enough to return it, though…

I thought I was alone in the wavy pages thing. Is this a part of the recall as well? I've only seen the spine damage mentioned thus far.

It wasn't the entire production run. Mine is completely pristine, and I've heard of and seen examples of others in the same condition. But it does seem like a substantial portion of the production run was damaged in shipping, just not all...

So not only is my FLGS selling shoddy goods, they are liars as well! What an absolute hive of scum and villainy!!
Maybe that's why I like it so well :)

jasper

Rotten DM
My store offered to send their copies or we could take a chance. I took a chance and it seems okay. Except for those grease stains.

Dammit Jasper keep your unwashed hands off my stuff.

Remove ads