• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Settings Search update

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Stannis

Explorer
PeterDodge said:
Someone remind me why WoTC is doing this?

If anyone has the inclination to write an entire campaign setting (or more), then there are plenty of good names out there. Bastion Press is Jim Butler's new press, Malhavoc Press is Monte Cook's ... I mean, why is WoTC spending lots of $$ on people they don't know, who may or may not have a writing background. Sounds like a big risk to me. I don't mind them taking that risk, but I'd like to know why...

forgotten realms and dragonlance.

both were written by "outsiders" (at the time), and both were big hits - obviously so with FR.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Yep, I need to be put out of my misery too. I actually *dreamed* about the Setting Search last night....

(proffers back of head)

coyote6

Adventurer
Has WotC ever actually said they'd be sending rejection notices for the ~9990 non-selected submissions? I've seen lots of people assuming that, but I don't recall an actual WotC statement to that effect.

Sir Trent

Explorer
Yes, the original post at WOTC said that ALL entrants would be notified... of course, that was before they knew just how many entrants they would get.:)

coyote6

Adventurer
Sir Trent said:
Yes, the original post at WOTC said that ALL entrants would be notified... of course, that was before they knew just how many entrants they would get.:)

My copy of the original announcement .doc that Morrus posted says, "We will notify those entrants who have been selected for the second stage of the proposal process". Where exactly was it stated that they'd notify all entrants?

Chrysoula

First Post
Hmmm.

I wonder if those who submitted and have heard nothing by the end of today should

a.) hold out hope-- tomorrow is the REAL end of August
b.) give up-- they may not post an announcement until they've recieved confirmations from everybody they selected, which could be a few days.
c.) assume that WOTC just didn't make their deadline and keep on holding on a few more days.

Poor people. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads